GOP Tax Policy Shifts Burden to Working and Middle Class Americans

That is the solution by BOTH parties. I just think it's more responsible to tax those that spend it, while Republicans are gung ho to tax future generations.

You should note that deficit spending actually promotes increased spending. It creates the illusion that we can have more government services without really paying for them.

If we curbed deficits (which are okay for capital improvements and emergencies), people would see the real cost of government, and that would create political pressure to contain spending. Without that pressure, politicians of both parties see personal reward for spending with no pressure to cut back.

I see no point in cultivating the overgrown govt anymore.

Unfortunately, gunny, you seem to vote Republican on the promise that they will reduce your taxes, but that only works if you expect to die before the bill comes due, and don't care about the mess we are making of our government.

Unless you are in the upper percentiles of income, the GOP gave you a small tax break that has been more than offset by increased state and local taxes, and the weakened dollar. For your pittance, you assumed a debt of almost $30,000 and got bad roads, falling bridges, an unreliable electrical grid, poorly funded parks, fewer cops and fire fighters, crappy schools and a military that is almost broken.

All those tax cuts have done is greatly increased the wealth and power of those at the top, and they have used that extra power to pressure Congress for even greater redistribution of the tax load from themselves to you and me. I don't want the extra taxes myself, but I care about my nieces and nephews, and I don't want to turn this country into a Dickensian shithole for them.

The only solution is to create an extra tax bracket for higher earners. Neither party will get behind that because it directly affects the wealthly interests that have taken over the political system, and politicians need their donations.

The Democrats are a poor answer in this money dominated system of legalized bribery. But I vote for them because they have a better record on financial responsibility, and the GOP has been dramatically worse.

Unfortunately, gunny, you seem to vote Republican on the promise that they will reduce your taxes, but that only works if you expect to die before the bill comes due, and don't care about the mess we are making of our government.

Unless you are in the upper percentiles of income, the GOP gave you a small tax break that has been more than offset by increased state and local taxes, and the weakened dollar. For your pittance, you assumed a debt of almost $30,000 and got bad roads, falling bridges, an unreliable electrical grid, poorly funded parks, fewer cops and fire fighters, crappy schools and a military that is almost broken.

All those tax cuts have done is greatly increased the wealth and power of those at the top, and they have used that extra power to pressure Congress for even greater redistribution of the tax load from themselves to you and me. I don't want the extra taxes myself, but I care about my nieces and nephews, and I don't want to turn this country into a Dickensian shithole for them.

The only solution is to create an extra tax bracket for higher earners. Neither party will get behind that because it directly affects the wealthly interests that have taken over the political system, and politicians need their donations.

The Democrats are a poor answer in this money dominated system of legalized bribery. But I vote for them because they have a better record on financial responsibility, and the GOP has been dramatically worse.

First off, I have never voted Republican on any promise they will reduce my taxes. I'd believe them just about as much as I Congress is going to allow Obama to do it. It ain't going to happen.

As far as your second paragraph goes, most of the things listed that you choose to hold the Fed accountable for I hold the state accountable for, with the exception of the US military; which, is far from broken.

The rest of your comments concerning the wealthy and politicians you will find more than a few of my posts on this board that expresses the exact same opinion.

I disagree the Democrats are more fiscally responsible. They just spend on different things. They're as irresponsible and crooked when it comes to money as Republicans are, and not one of them is going to risk losing the financial and voting support of their respective lobbies.

My idea of saving money is cleaning house in DC. Unfortunately, too many people are caught up in their petty partisan BS to look beyond it to the bureaucracy that's eating them alive.

DON'T be obtuse, we are talking about what PERCENTAGE of ones income is spent on taxes.....

the gas tax is the same, the amount you pay in gas taxes compared to your total income is a MUCH, MUCH, MUCH HIGHER percentage of the working guy of middle income than it is of the wealthiest....

Then you should get a handle on reality....

Payroll taxes amount to what? 1%....2%....4% of your income....
PEANUTS.....

Income tax grabs 18%....25%....30% 38%....
Now thats money...thats the BIG BUCKS......

You libs need to put things in perspective.....live within your means....and you will have a life better than most of the worlds population....
you won't eat what Bill Gates eats or drive what John Kerry drives, or live in a house like Al Gore...but you will live better than most....

If you check the WHO chart, you'll see that Canada's system is underfunded, and ranked only slightly higher than ours.

That's why I advocated the French system. Though funded more than Canada's, it's cheaper than ours, and ranked best in the world. Imagine how good our system could be if we applied all of our current level of funding to treatment, instead of a large chunk to insurance company profit.

LOL...Shown that you are wrong you switch to another country...your pointless. We will have to do this for each and every country in the world that has universal healthcare.:cuckoo:

Then you should get a handle on reality....

Payroll taxes amount to what? 1%....2%....4% of your income....
PEANUTS.....

Income tax grabs 18%....25%....30% 38%....
Now thats money...thats the BIG BUCKS......

You libs need to put things in perspective.....live within your means....and you will have a life better than most of the worlds population....
you won't eat what Bill Gates eats or drive what John Kerry drives, or live in a house like Al Gore...but you will live better than most....

SS payroll tax grabs 13% of our income...6.5 from us and 6.5 for us frm employer. (this is pay, you would get if employer was not forced to give to feds)

Medicare payroll taxes are around 2% i believe....in addition to the above....

both taxes are flat and on every penny the middle class makes, to $100k.

and alpha...do you know how income tax is calculated? it doesn't appear that you do, with those bogus figures of tax grabs.....

the wealthiest in this country, in our HIGHEST tax bracket, on average ONLY PAY around 20% of their total earnings in irs taxes.....yes, warren buffet, and gates....billionaires and terresa heinz kerry....multi millionaire paid only 20% in taxes due to all of the tax write offs, reduced tax rates, and tax free bonds etc.... writen in to the irs code for them....

so your 38% and 30% and 25% etc are just bogus and it shows how most of america is ignorant when it comes to taxes and how the graduated irs tax system works or they know how it works, but know that others don't ...so they rattle off bogus numbers like above in some sort of rich butt licking post trying to gain sympathy for the wealthiest....

well alpha, guess what? I know too much about how taxes and write offs work to buy in to that garbage....so, try again my friend!!!! lol :rolleyes:

care

Interesting. Clinton had 8 years to change that. All these little factoids are interesting but the fact is, when Reagan was President, I had more money in my pocket and it bought more than at any time since.

funny but but when Reagan was in office, I ended up getting less money in my pocket. He eliminsted tax exmemptions for interest payments on credit cards which are primarily poor and middle class tex exemptions.

His trickle down theory is the most arrogants bullshit since "divine right" of the kings.

The attack on the middle class began with the actor Ronny and had continued under all republican administrationss.

Funny how so many people are taken in by the other rhetoric of abortion, moral values, etc and take it smiling up the kazoo on taxes.

The percentage is meaningless if it doesn't pan out to mean more per individual, oh brilliant one.

What percentage does a poor person pay in taxes overall, compared to taxes a rich person pays?

A much smaller percentage. Period.

You don't get to penalize people for having initiative, particularly when they already pay a disproportionate chunk of the bill.

Then start everyone on equal footing with taxes....

Start first by taxing the wealthiest on every penny they earn... the Social Security tax as the middle and lower working class....

Then maybe you would have a leg to stand on with your hysteria about Irs progressive rates....

Care

Forum List

Back