GOP superdelegates: It's over, Romney is nominee

Very few people at the time, JoeB, gave Ford the benefit of the doubt. I doubted but voted for him because Jack, his son, went to school with me at State. That boy was wild at university! Ford lost only because he pardoned Nixon. You saying it ain't so all day won't change the fact you are revising history.

Ford lost because Conservatives weren't thrilled with him, and what we now call the Christian Right actually rallied behind Carter.

Very few people at the time, JoeB, gave Ford the benefit of the doubt. I doubted but voted for him because Jack, his son, went to school with me at State. That boy was wild at university! Ford lost only because he pardoned Nixon. You saying it ain't so all day won't change the fact you are revising history.

Ford lost because Conservatives weren't thrilled with him, and what we now call the Christian Right actually rallied behind Carter.

You are failing in your attempt to rewrite history, JoeB.

You are failing in your attempt to rewrite history, JoeB.

Sorry, Dude, I lived through it.

I remember Reagan coming so damned close to unseating Ford.

And I remember a lot of the those you'd denounce as the "Religious Right" as being behind Carter because he was a good solid Christian...

Incidently, Carter only won because he was a conservative Democrat, probably the last one.

If the Conservative movement has a problem since 1992 (where they've only really won one election), it is that it has no clear definition. It's the Corporatists getting the Christians to vote against their own interests.

Romney is the Corporatist candidate, which is why he will lose.

Reagan failed in 1976, as he should have.

The evangelicals did not support Jimmy any more or less than Ford.

I lived it, and it was the last active political campaign in which I worked for almost twenty years.

Your memory is failing.

Reagan failed in 1976, as he should have.

The evangelicals did not support Jimmy any more or less than Ford.

I lived it, and it was the last active political campaign in which I worked for almost twenty years.

Your memory is failing.

The fact you hated Reagan just shows that you have no real business calling yourself a Republican. I proudly supported him every time he ran.

And if we could reanimate his zombie, it would be better than the Latter-Day Zombie you are running.

Reagan sold out the party to the evangelical right. I have always been a solid Republican, generally following the principles of Ford. That is as GOP as it gets, and a trimmer like you who condemns really is a commendation for me when you get down on me.

And we have gone so far right in the party that Reagan could not win a primary or caucus: too liberal.

Reagan sold out the party to the evangelical right. I have always been a solid Republican, generally following the principles of Ford. That is as GOP as it gets, and a trimmer like you who condemns really is a commendation for me when you get down on me.

And we have gone so far right in the party that Reagan could not win a primary or caucus: too liberal.

I think arguments of left and right are kind of stupid. what does that mean anymore when Ann Coulter is arguing that that a state mandate to buy insurance you don't want is a good conservative value, but a federal one is communism?

Frankly, I don't see what the "Christian Right" has ever gotten for its support of the GOP.

Abortion is still legal, your kids are still being taught they evolved from monkeys, they still can't pray in school, gay marriage is becoming more accepted.

My problem with Reagan isn't necessarily that he sold out to the religious right, because the religious right didn't get all that much for their troubles. My problem with the GOP in general is that is has been to accomedating to big corporations dismantling the middle class.

And ROmney is a big step in that direction, because he's one of the worst offenders.

I think arguments of left and right are kind of stupid. what does that mean anymore when Ann Coulter is arguing that that a state mandate to buy insurance you don't want is a good conservative value, but a federal one is communism?

Frankly, I don't see what the "Christian Right" has ever gotten for its support of the GOP.

Abortion is still legal, your kids are still being taught they evolved from monkeys, they still can't pray in school, gay marriage is becoming more accepted.

My problem with Reagan isn't necessarily that he sold out to the religious right, because the religious right didn't get all that much for their troubles. My problem with the GOP in general is that is has been to accomedating to big corporations dismantling the middle class.

And ROmney is a big step in that direction, because he's one of the worst offenders.

Get right of the social right, period. I happen to agree with you that the fascism of the neo-econ/government has to be eliminated.

Get right of the social right, period. I happen to agree with you that the fascism of the neo-econ/government has to be eliminated.

If you meant get rid of the social right, I'm not sure what your point is?

If the election was held PURELY on the basis of economic issues, the Democrats would win every time.

And atheist that i am, even I realize an atheist could never get elected president.

The GOP ONLY survives as a party because of its pandering to the social right.

Forum List

Back