GOP Success: We removed Saddam and replaced him with Islam

R

rdean

The US learned a terrible lesson after WWI. The Kaiser was removed and a power vacuum unattened. Unfortunately, that vacuum was filled by Hitler.

There is a parallel with Germany and Iraq. Saddam was removed and that vacuum was allowed to be filled with “Islam”.

Now, those on the right will say, “They have the right to have any government they want”. And yet, there is no evidence that we were asked by the people of Iraq to invade, remove Saddam and replace the government with Islam.

The right will point to weapons we know never existed.

The right will point to US resolutions and say “They were warned”. Iraq was under sanctions. Their military had been devested by Bush Sr. and an 8 year war with Iran. Republican leaders knew this.

What does right think "success" was in Iraq?

And what to the people of Iraq say about their “liberation”?

Iraqi women miss Saddam Hussein's days

Women in Iraq bear double burden, feel less secure or free following US-led invasion.
Now they have Article 2 of the Constitution: "Islam is the official religion of the state and is a basic source of legislation." Sub-head A says "No law can be passed that contradicts the undisputed rules of Islam." Under this Article the interpretation of women's rights is left to religious leaders – and many of them are under Iranian influence.

Middle East Online

Attack Highlights Unrelenting Plight of Iraq’s Christians

Ninawa provincial authorities said a shopkeeper nearby was killed in the attack – a roadside blast followed by a car bombing – on Sunday morning. Around 70 students were hurt in the blasts.

The students were traveling in convoy to Mosul University, because it was considered a safer way to get them to classes after previous attacks on Christians. The attack occurred near a checkpoint manned by U.S. and Iraqi soldiers as well as troops from the semi-autonomous Iraqi Kurdish region.

CNSNews.com - Attack Highlights Unrelenting Plight of Iraq?s Christians

Women's Rights in Iraq: Decreasing by the Day

Women's Rights in Iraq: Decreasing by the Day | Women's Rights | Change.org

The Iraqi constitution now contains a clause stating that no law can contradict the "established rulings of Islam", and law and politics are increasingly under the control of conservative Islamic groups with the support of the Iranian government. Women are losing rights by the day. They now risk their lives going to work, going to school, and simply leaving their homes. Surges of tribalism have led to regional control by radical groups who beat women for not covering themselves, and rape is increasingly used as a weapon by warring tribal factions.

women-250x166.jpg

Women put back into bags.

Christians chased out of the country.

Gays murdered (although, for many Republicans….)

Was it worth it?

How do Republicans feel confident that we did the right thing in Iraq? Especially after looking at the Iraqi constitution and seeing what has been done to women, Christians and other minorities?

Look the board retard is so fucking stupid he made two posts on the same thing. I guess he was not smart enough to realize he could open the other thread and ADD his bullshit.

Look the board retard is so fucking stupid he made two posts on the same thing. I guess he was not smart enough to realize he could open the other thread and ADD his bullshit.

It was a mistake. It happens.

It was a mistake. It happens.

Heard an interesting comment the other day.

Guy ask a fellow why he was alive. The answer? Cause his mother's health Insurance did not cover abortions.

See the immediate attacks. No argument. No disagreement. Nothing to say I'm wrong. Just name calling.

And these people want to take over the US government. Scary.

It's absolute bullshit to blame this on my Party without holding the Democrats accountable as well. The iraqis who have been killed didn't leave the world saying "Oh that's okay, it was a bullet fired by a Democrat." Likewise, they also don't say "Damn! That shrapnel that tore out my throat was from a Republican. Yippee!"

I absofuckinglootly hate what we've been doing with our imperial actions but it's damn silly to try and aisle-ride your argument.

The point is, Islam is their choice. It isn't mine or yours, but the who point of the exercise was for the Iraqi people to make their own mistakes freely.

We can vote for 0bama, William Jennings Bryan, Pat Robertson, they get to vote for stupid too. And face the music. But that is what freedom is.

Saddam was a guy who robbed, raped, stole, murdered, and whatever for his own personal agrandaizment. There was no choice.

Most democratic societies make choice that make us laugh. This is just one more.

More power to em. But I hope they vote more to my heart's desier next time. But that is unlkkely. the fact that they vote how they want is progress. (Voting my way would be more progress, but as Crusader Frank will tell yolu, Rome wasn't built in a day)

See the immediate attacks. No argument. No disagreement. Nothing to say I'm wrong. Just name calling.

We didn't replace him. The Iraqi people replaced him - IT IS THEIR COUNTRY.

We didn't replace him. The Iraqi people replaced him - IT IS THEIR COUNTRY.

Then the Iraqis must be curious about the foreign military occupation they've been suffering for the last seven years.

The point is, Islam is their choice. It isn't mine or yours, but the who point of the exercise was for the Iraqi people to make their own mistakes freely.

We can vote for 0bama, William Jennings Bryan, Pat Robertson, they get to vote for stupid too. And face the music. But that is what freedom is.

Saddam was a guy who robbed, raped, stole, murdered, and whatever for his own personal agrandaizment. There was no choice.

Most democratic societies make choice that make us laugh. This is just one more.

More power to em. But I hope they vote more to my heart's desier next time. But that is unlkkely. the fact that they vote how they want is progress. (Voting my way would be more progress, but as Crusader Frank will tell yolu, Rome wasn't built in a day)

It doesn't look like you know how the islamic theocracy got installed. Have you ever researched it?

The way these women are dressed kind of tells the story. Would women here want to go from current American dress to black ninja outfits?

women-250x166.jpg

A country made up 90+% of Muslims includes a statement about Islam in their constitution. Wow, what a shocker. RDean, you sure are clever.
And those women going around wearing clothing they've worn for hundreds of years. Who would imagine a traditional society would be, well, traditional.
RDean, you are rapidly cementing your place here as chief dimbulb of the board. I salute you.

Forum List

Back