GOP Strategist on Fox Business - "Ron Paul Can Beat Mitt and Win,"

Seeing the Paul / Romney relationship it is hard to judge where Mitt is coming from. If he is bought and paid for I just see the continuation of the Bush / Obama policies.

If not, it could be possible Romney really wants to stand for something and could move in our direction. One could only wish..

Something is obviously going on between Romney and Paul. They've been pretty much hands off on each other, other than the occasional shot here and there, with Romney crediting Paul in public and Paul coming to his defense when the rest of the field seizes on cheap opportunities.

Perhaps it is just that Paul and Romney both know what is important. Taking the WH.

Ron Paul can win against obama without the republican vote?

I don't think so. It will be an obama landslide.

LOL...

Paul is doing fine with the Republican vote... Unless 23 % of his vote in NH was indys and Democrats...

Um, It was dude. In Both Iowa and NH the Core of Paul support has been Independents, and in Iowa even Democrats who were allowed to switch over to vote in the Primary, Plus his traditional but small Libertarian Base.

No idea. My problem with Rand being on the Romney ticket is that it would ultimately dilute Rand's "brand," for lack of a better term, by associating him with Romney's policies.

I can agree with that. I just see Paul having a huge opportunity if he has enough delegates, to shape the future of the party, and I'd hate to see it get wasted in some way.

At the very least, I'm sure he and his campaign is smart enough to know not to trust the establishment in promises for delegates.

Any ideas of how he could guarantee results? I mean he'd have to give up his delegates first, obviously, so he would need an insurance policy. I'm not exactly sure what that would be, other than a person of his choosing being on the ticket.

I think adding Rand to the ticket is really the only way to do anything substantial, but like I said I think that's a bad idea. He could possibly have some effect on the platform, but what does that really matter?

Well you know Paul like I do, he always says the people have to change their way of thinking before anything is going to change fundamentally. As long as we keep having neocons from both parties running offices, there will never be a mouthpiece for our ideas.

At some point, someone with liberty minded causes needs to get into a high office and get the ball rolling. How that happens is anyone's guess, but what I do know is that it's not going to happen with a 3rd party. Not with the way our media runs the show.

Ron Paul is a king maker this election cycle.

I disagree it would be Ron Paul in the administration, but what I feel would happen would be Rand Paul would be the VP selected to run with Romney. That is the only way I see the GOP capturing my vote as well as other true constitutional conservatives.

To be honest, Romney and Ron Paul have a good professional relationship. Several times RP has defended Romney as well as Romney has complimented Paul several times in the debates. The last time he forwarded a constitutional question on contraception to the good dr. ...Please tell me you guys watched the debates at least:eusa_pray:

Then it's one for one. I would not vote for someone stupid enough to put a lunatic like Ron Paul on the ticket.
I would argue that the Candidate all care very much how he would vote. :)
There is not a single person on the planet who cares how you would vote.

It is his son the Senator from Kentucky as the VP, not Ron Paul. Rand Paul is a strong 2016 presidential contender and would make perfect sense to put him in the VP slot if Ron Paul does not lock up the GOP nomination.

So you not only think Ron Paul will win, but that his son is going to challenge him in a primary in 4 years?

Im not sure that's got a chance of happening.

It is his son the Senator from Kentucky as the VP, not Ron Paul. Rand Paul is a strong 2016 presidential contender and would make perfect sense to put him in the VP slot if Ron Paul does not lock up the GOP nomination.

So you not only think Ron Paul will win, but that his son is going to challenge him in a primary in 4 years?

Im not sure that's got a chance of happening.

If Ron Paul does not lock up the GOP nomination.

Forum List

Back