GOP Steve King, Iowa Congressman Admit He Doesn’t ‘Trust The Words Of Any Source’

MATTHEWS: Who are the people you’re dealing with? [...]
KING: The American citizens. [...]
MATTHEWS: So you’re polling in your district to find out whether the United States goes into default or not at the end of this month. … They know what’s going to happen…
KING: I have an independent judgment as well.
MATTHEWS: Ok tell me where it comes from.
KING: It comes from a long experience of dealing politically, and in business, and raising a family, and being an American citizen…
MATTHEWS: What does raising a family teach you about international finance? [...]
KING: That’s not my only source of information — is raising my children. [...]
MATTHEWS: Do you trust the Wall Street Journal, do you trust the New York Times?
KING: I read the Wall Street Journal. I sometimes read the New York Times. I don’t really trust it. I don’t trust the words of any source.

Matthews then asked if King could cite one — just one — international or domestic expert who he trusts on these issues and agrees with his view. King, of course, could not name one.

Chris Matthews Clowns Steve King, Forces Iowa Congressman To Admit He Doesn’t ‘Trust The Words Of Any Source’

Bachmann, Other House Conservatives, Accuse Obama Of Debt Scare Tactics

Bachmann, Other House Conservatives, Accuse Obama Of Debt Scare Tactics : It's All Politics

------------------------------------------------------------------

I love it when right wingers say they had a "gut feeling". Gas, or a bit of undigested beef, or constipation can give you a "gut feeling".

If only they had "reason".

Steve King Represents Republicans "perfectly".

For years, various people have been noting the "dumbing down" of America and Americans. Numerous polls have shown that both students and adults were ignorant about history and other common knowledge subjects.

The other day, I was in a store where a woman over the age of 40 was reloading one of those Red Box DVD machines. She called my attention to ask me a question. As she was going through the on screen menu, it asked what the display type was. The first question was asking if it was a 45 degree angle. She didn't know what a 45 degree angle was. I explained that it was a 90 degree angle. I didn't say anything, but I just could NOT believe that someone her age wouldn't know that.

The point? I've noticed a lot of ignorant and stupid people over the years. But I never thought it would extend into the highest offices in our gov't. I've just gotten an education. I guess I was stupid for not believing it was possible.

I was watching the View one morning and the woman, Shari something clearly didn't know the world is round. Whoopi was flabbergasted. She said, "You don't know the world is round" and Shari said in an angry tone, "I know how to put food on the table for my family, that's all I need to know".

Whoopi thinks the moon landing was a hoax.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAlqQmiDesE]‪Whoopi Goldberg discusses the faked moon landing conspiracy‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

You think Darwin didn't understand evolution. Why should I listen to either of you about how dumb anyone is?

If it wasn't for Media Matters lefties like Dean wouldn't have a thought in their heads. Maybe media matters is a good thing. It keeps the left's minds occupied with hatred so they don't drift off into the Bill Ayers type of revolutionary action.

I love it when right wingers say they had a "gut feeling". Gas, or a bit of undigested beef, or constipation can give you a "gut feeling".

Yes, this is typical of many on the far right and TPM and their campaign of ‘anti-intellectualism.’ Part of this is due to the fact that objective reasoning predicated on confirmed data will conflict with established and accepted rightist dogma; so avoid critical thinking and facts altogether.

It’s a very parochial, 18th Century type of reactionarysm – a pathetic desire for ‘simpler times’ and the bliss of ignorance. There is also of course a fundamentalist religious subtext: Adam, Eve, the Apple, the ‘sin of knowledge,’ etc.

King and others are well within their rights to believe whatever foolishness they wish; it becomes problematic, however, when they serve in pubic office making decisions that may effect the entire Nation.

Yes, this is typical of many on the far right and TPM and their campaign of ‘anti-intellectualism.’ Part of this is due to the fact that objective reasoning predicated on confirmed data will conflict with established and accepted rightist dogma; so avoid critical thinking and facts altogether.

It’s a very parochial, 18th Century type of reactionarysm – a pathetic desire for ‘simpler times’ and the bliss of ignorance. There is also of course a fundamentalist religious subtext: Adam, Eve, the Apple, the ‘sin of knowledge,’ etc.

King and others are well within their rights to believe whatever foolishness they wish; it becomes problematic, however, when they serve in pubic office making decisions that may effect the entire Nation.

This is from a guy who never heard about Dred Scott.

Does this shock you.... Just for grins I looked up the data on % of the popoulation 25-34 who had an AA degree or higher. It ranked the states and the states with 2 Republican Senators (indicating a strong red state) were all near the bottom of the list. Only 1 state, Utah was in the top 25.

Roughly because I don't care to look it up again but only 1/3 of the population in Red states had an AA degree or higher.

Anti-intellectualism has become the hallmark of the Republican party and they all get their information via talk radio only making them susceptible to propoganda. You are basically looking at the start of the US facist party.

MATTHEWS: Who are the people you’re dealing with? [...]
KING: The American citizens. [...]
MATTHEWS: So you’re polling in your district to find out whether the United States goes into default or not at the end of this month. … They know what’s going to happen…
KING: I have an independent judgment as well.
MATTHEWS: Ok tell me where it comes from.
KING: It comes from a long experience of dealing politically, and in business, and raising a family, and being an American citizen…
MATTHEWS: What does raising a family teach you about international finance? [...]
KING: That’s not my only source of information — is raising my children. [...]
MATTHEWS: Do you trust the Wall Street Journal, do you trust the New York Times?
KING: I read the Wall Street Journal. I sometimes read the New York Times. I don’t really trust it. I don’t trust the words of any source.

Matthews then asked if King could cite one — just one — international or domestic expert who he trusts on these issues and agrees with his view. King, of course, could not name one.

Chris Matthews Clowns Steve King, Forces Iowa Congressman To Admit He Doesn’t ‘Trust The Words Of Any Source’

Bachmann, Other House Conservatives, Accuse Obama Of Debt Scare Tactics

Bachmann, Other House Conservatives, Accuse Obama Of Debt Scare Tactics : It's All Politics

------------------------------------------------------------------

Steve King Represents Republicans "perfectly".
It was a great interview. King looked like a fool.

Does this shock you.... Just for grins I looked up the data on % of the popoulation 25-34 who had an AA degree or higher. It ranked the states and the states with 2 Republican Senators (indicating a strong red state) were all near the bottom of the list. Only 1 state, Utah was in the top 25.

Roughly because I don't care to look it up again but only 1/3 of the population in Red states had an AA degree or higher.

Anti-intellectualism has become the hallmark of the Republican party and they all get their information via talk radio only making them susceptible to propoganda. You are basically looking at the start of the US facist party.

What was once considered responsible fiscal policy by Republicans has morphed into cutting taxes is the answer no matter how wrong that may be. Ask a Republican how to grow the economy and they'll tell you that you have to cut taxes. It doesn't matter what the starting rate is, just keep cutting them and the economy will grow. What is amazing is that instead of realizing that it only works under certain circumstances, they keep telling us to cut taxes more. Yup, we did that how many times? And we have how much unemployment now? So we should do it more? Of course we should. Just keep the blinders on and repeat after me; we are overtaxed and have to cut taxes.

Forum List

Back