GOP stares down Obama; Obama blinks. GOP wins.

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
I was watching the news last night when the "Breaking News" flashers went up on Fox, CNN, MSNBC.

President Obama was about to announce the big news regarding the Bush tax cuts. You know, the tax cuts that were only for the "rich", but which also cut taxes for the middle class. Still dont understand how if Bush only cut rich people's taxes, and it were to have expired, the middle class would see a tax hike. Guess Bush cut taxes for.....everyone? Oh well, on to the news.............

President Obama got punked last night. It was after 6, so the Ed Shultz show was on, and I just had to watch as ole Ed's head almost exploded with anger. Obama cut taxes for the rich, for 2 years. Not only that, but the GOP also negotiated a 2% payroll tax cut for all Americans!!! That means everyone's check goes up 2% in January!!!! Less money to welfare, more money to me!!!!

And what did the Dems' get in return? A 13 month extension of unemployment. Although these unemployed refuse to take the jobs that are out there (pizza delivery, jail staff, grocery bagger, etc), they will get another 13 months of gov't money.

Which means in Jan 2012, unemployment runs out, while tax cuts stay until Jan 2013, thus eliminating a bargaining tool Obama would have had then, while in the midst of a presidential campaign. He dug his own hole on this one!!!

It's actually quite sad to watch an United States president get punked this badly. I wish you all could've seen the left wingers on MSNBC just in shock last night after their beloved Savior caved in to the GOP.

But I'll end with this. Obama did the right thing. He knew fighting the GOP would result in a loss, which he suffered anyway. He knew the tax cuts were the right thing to do. And he did it. Just one more sign of the downfall of modern liberalism. The heroic savior of liberalism, Barack Hussein Obama, has caved in to the GOP.

And I'm gonna be 2% richer in January!!!:lol:

Thank you GOP!!!

I was watching the news last night when the "Breaking News" flashers went up on Fox, CNN, MSNBC.

President Obama was about to announce the big news regarding the Bush tax cuts. You know, the tax cuts that were only for the "rich", but which also cut taxes for the middle class. Still dont understand how if Bush only cut rich people's taxes, and it were to have expired, the middle class would see a tax hike. Guess Bush cut taxes for.....everyone? Oh well, on to the news.............

President Obama got punked last night. It was after 6, so the Ed Shultz show was on, and I just had to watch as ole Ed's head almost exploded with anger. Obama cut taxes for the rich, for 2 years. Not only that, but the GOP also negotiated a 2% payroll tax cut for all Americans!!! That means everyone's check goes up 2% in January!!!! Less money to welfare, more money to me!!!!

And what did the Dems' get in return? A 13 month extension of unemployment. Although these unemployed refuse to take the jobs that are out there (pizza delivery, jail staff, grocery bagger, etc), they will get another 13 months of gov't money.

Which means in Jan 2012, unemployment runs out, while tax cuts stay until Jan 2013, thus eliminating a bargaining tool Obama would have had then, while in the midst of a presidential campaign. He dug his own hole on this one!!!

It's actually quite sad to watch an United States president get punked this badly. I wish you all could've seen the left wingers on MSNBC just in shock last night after their beloved Savior caved in to the GOP.

But I'll end with this. Obama did the right thing. He knew fighting the GOP would result in a loss, which he suffered anyway. He knew the tax cuts were the right thing to do. And he did it. Just one more sign of the downfall of modern liberalism. The heroic savior of liberalism, Barack Hussein Obama, has caved in to the GOP.

And I'm gonna be 2% richer in January!!!:lol:

Thank you GOP!!!

You mean the payroll tax cut that Obama put into the Stimulus package was extended? Somehow I doubt it was the GOP lobbying for that one....

So they arrived at a compromise, did they?

The rich won, the unemployed won and Obama lost?

Seems to me if you're truly somebody who is really a fiscal conservative that believes the national debt is a problem, then it's America which really lost.

Seems to me if you're truly somebody who is really a fiscal conservative that believes the national debt is a problem, then it's America which really lost.

Where were you complaining about the national debt when Obama was spending trillions on stimulus programs that have obviously failed?

They had to include gop tax cuts for the rich in order to get Dem unemployment benefits and a lousy 2% tax cut for middle America.

That is how this deal will be perceived and really, perception is everything.

They had to include gop tax cuts for the rich in order to get Dem unemployment benefits and a lousy 2% tax cut for middle America.

Um, the Dems still control Congress and teh White House. They didnt have to compromise with anyone. It was Democrats who forced this.

Um, the Dems still control Congress and teh White House. They didnt have to compromise with anyone. It was Democrats who forced this.

The gop was threatening a filibuster on both unemployment benefits and tax cuts for all Americans. They could have allowed the tax cuts to sunset but Democrats wanted an UB extension.

Sorry, all of America now knows why the wealthy are getting tax cuts from the gop.

The gop was threatening a filibuster on both unemployment benefits and tax cuts for all Americans. They could have allowed the tax cuts to sunset but Democrats wanted an UB extension.

Sorry, all of America now knows why the wealthy are getting tax cuts from the gop.

clearly he has no concept of how things get to a vote in congress.

still and all, obama should at least have tried to hit them in the face like they deserve....

same as any other schoolyard bullies.

still and all, obama should at least have tried to hit them in the face like they deserve....

He should hit them but it just isn't him. He'd rather try and work together.

:bowdown::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:bowdown::rofl::rofl::rofl:

After 8 years of idiocy in the WH, I can see how you wouldn't understand the concept, Annie.

Where were you complaining about the national debt when Obama was spending trillions on stimulus programs that have obviously failed?

You're evading the issue, lad.

Remember that I think that stimulus money welll spent IS a good idea.

Recall that most of my objections to OBAMA have to do with how badly that stimulus money was spent.... not that it WAS spent

It YOU who objects to all stimulus programs based on your POV about macro-economics.

So this compromise ought to piss you off on TWO fronts IF you're truly concerned with the national debt.

Are you truly concerned about that national debt?

In this case perception happens, I think, to mirror reality.

Obama faced either cutting off unemployment, and not extrending on tax breaks for billionaires, or folding to help out nearly 2,000,000 American families whose suffering would have started THIS MONTH.

lol

now that the Republicans have enough for some input, ALL that crap the left was spewing about "bipartisanship AND civility goes flying right out their butts.

They are NEVER HAPPY, so why try.:lol:

lol

now that the Republicans have enough for some input, ALL that crap the left was spewing about "bipartisanship AND civility goes flying right out their butts.

You're never sure how to follow a thread are you, talking point queen.

lol

You're never sure how to follow a thread are you, talking point queen.

oh I can follow just FINE.
from you post above.

now I go :lmao:

You're evading the issue, lad.

Remember that I think that stimulus money welll spent IS a good idea.

Recall that most of my objections to OBAMA have to do with how badly that stimulus money was spent.... not that it WAS spent

It YOU who objects to all stimulus programs based on your POV about macro-economics.

So this compromise ought to piss you off on TWO fronts IF you're truly concerned with the national debt.

Are you truly concerned about that national debt?

Deflection. Evasion.
If you're concerned about deficits, why weren't you screaming when Obama was spending trillions on waste and fraud.
There is no such thing as "well spent" when it comes to the government.

All the Dems had to do was convince, what, 3 GOP senators to go along with them? But it was not the GOP, it was Dems themselves that have had enough of Obama/Pelosi/Reid and their radical agenda.

Imagine being a far left guy this fall. Imagine it. You talk about a rupture. Since election day, its been nothing but multiple kicks in the balls, almost daily.

Know why s0ns???

Because your shit is laughable and has never worked in the history of the world!!!

Forum List

Back