GOP split in House vs Senate

I've come to the conclusion that everyone can gripe about the Social Security problems but no one in Congress is ready to do anything about it. Dmocrats or Republicans nor the people at large. Everyone wants their cut of the action but not with their pennies.

Time to stand up and be counted for the right way. No tax cut. NOt even for two months. People are going to depend on those checks. And those rich who won't depend on them should forgo them. They don't need them.

I've come to the conclusion that everyone can gripe about the Social Security problems but no one in Congress is ready to do anything about it. Dmocrats or Republicans nor the people at large. Everyone wants their cut of the action but not with their pennies.

Time to stand up and be counted for the right way. No tax cut. NOt even for two months. People are going to depend on those checks. And those rich who won't depend on them should forgo them. They don't need them.

I agree.

The thing that annoys me is that as soon as the Feds put in that tax cut on Social Security, Illinois (and I guess some other states) raised income taxes by a like amount. So I didn't even see the tax cut. One tax just replaced another.

If social security is going broke and is not making ends meet, then this tax cut isn't really a good idea. So I'm glad the TEA are standing their ground on it.

The Teabaggers are not standing their ground for fiscal sanity. Were that the case, they would be insisting that the Clinton tax structure be reinstated. What they are standing for is taxing the working poor and middle class, but not the wealthy. And the rest of the Citizens know it.

Why are you upset about what the House and Senate do? The NDAA took all their power away.

Wake the fuck up.

More wishful thinking.

If we listened to the TEA party, we wouldn't be in this mess.

I would agree with this post only if the Tea Party would have emerged about four years earlier.
I do agree with them in regards to cutting spending but I also agree with most economists that the lowering of the debt should include raising revenues.
Looking at the way income has increased for the uber-wealthy and Corporate America while Main Street America has been left spinning their wheels going nowhere, relying on Main Street America to shoulder the debt is irresponsible.
We are all Americans and all Americans share the responsibility of lowering the debt because all Americans benefited from the outrageous spending that caused the debt.

The Tea Party and their 2010 candidates that defined "crazy" in new terms were the reasons the GOP did not capture the Senate. That will be happening again in 2012, only this time with the WH. They will run their own...

Two months of having $20 more dollars in their pocket?? Is that what the left sees as a soluton to their economic problems? What a bunch of fools

Who didn't see this coming?

The problem is that way too many did listen to the bagger "maroons". Boehner is the laughingstock and calls lushbo for orders and Cantor, who never met a lie he didn't like si breathing down his neck.

Those of you who voted for the baggers are to blame for this mess.

By God, Whitey, you are right. Let's all give that $20 to the very wealthy. They will save it and not spend it. That will create more jobs for sure, right?

What is "rich"?
I'm only asking because I could agree with you depending on the definition.

To me, this whole issue of extending the so-called "tax holiday" is insane. They are not collecting the taxes that are supposed to be paying for social security. You know, that money has to come from someplace... Why are they even doing this? It's crazy.

good

bury-coals.jpg

What is "rich"?
I'm only asking because I could agree with you depending on the definition.

It's for those individuals to decide their own. If they don't need that check, they have their own investments or pensions to live off, forgo that measly check to ensure there will be funds for the next guy. If someone nets $30,000 a month and owes nothing, does he need a Social Security check? Just my thoughts. But it shouldn't be the decision of the government.

Last edited:
Who didn't see this coming?

The problem is that way too many did listen to the bagger "maroons". Boehner is the laughingstock and calls lushbo for orders and Cantor, who never met a lie he didn't like si breathing down his neck.

Those of you who voted for the baggers are to blame for this mess.
No, you idiots who put obamaturd, reid and the other dimwits are to blame.

Forum List

Back