GOP spending cuts would affect millions of people

I don't understand this rant, JH? Are you looking for a trophy or something? Wanna cookie?

First, do you know how many EMPLOYED Americans would kill for "2 weeks of paid vacation, 6 sick days and 2 personal days"? Yet, you see it as a SACRIFICE?

As far as asking your wife and kids....what I am reading is that you sacrificed your duties as a husband and father, to feed your own personal greed.

Again....what do you want? A medal?

Way to be civil.

Nopoe. Need nothing from you VaYank. Didnt ask for it and certainly dont need it.
Rant? Wasnt a rant. I responded to a ludicrous question from someone who is naive to the sacrtifices business owners make.

As for the vacqations thing....reading comprehension...I sacrificed those things....business owners dont "get" those things...employees do...and I sacrificed them when I left being an "employee" to start my own.

As far as you seeing that I sacrificed my duties as a husband and father to feed my own personal greed?

Pathetic atttack on me and a total intentional spin of what I said.

I sacrificed my pleasures as a family man to ensure my family always had what it needed. I never sacrificed my responsibilities as a father and husband.

Guess people like you think it best to have fun watching junior play football and when it comes time to put food on the table, blame the rich man as your son sits there hungry.

These people - people like VaYank - see no sacrifice in the risks people like you (and my dad) take, they see no value in your employing others - all employers are 'exploiting' the hard working little guys. :lol: I can't count the number of people like that my dad has employed over the years.... people who think they are owed more than a decent day's pay for a decent day's work. Every one of them gets fired. Those that work hard, get rewarded for it.

Seems to me the idea of sacrificing personal pleasures like seeing junior play football during working hours is frowned upon by VaYank and deemed as inapproapriate for a father to do...and it is much more commendable to put your personal pleasures, such as watching junior play football during working hours, ahead of the needs of your family.

How does it feel to have what you say spun VaYank?

Seems to me the idea of sacrificing personal pleasures like seeing junior play football during working hours is frowned upon by VaYank and deemed as inapproapriate for a father to do...and it is much more commendable to put your personal pleasures, such as watching junior play football during working hours, ahead of the needs of your family.

How does it feel to have what you say spun VaYank?

You can expect neg rep from VaYank soon I'm sure. :lol:

I don't understand this rant, JH? Are you looking for a trophy or something? Wanna cookie?

First, do you know how many EMPLOYED Americans would kill for "2 weeks of paid vacation, 6 sick days and 2 personal days"? Yet, you see it as a SACRIFICE?

As far as asking your wife and kids....what I am reading is that you sacrificed your duties as a husband and father, to feed your own personal greed.

Again....what do you want? A medal?

Way to be civil.

Nopoe. Need nothing from you VaYank. Didnt ask for it and certainly dont need it.
Rant? Wasnt a rant. I responded to a ludicrous question from someone who is naive to the sacrtifices business owners make.

As for the vacqations thing....reading comprehension...I sacrificed those things....business owners dont "get" those things...employees do...and I sacrificed them when I left being an "employee" to start my own.

As far as you seeing that I sacrificed my duties as a husband and father to feed my own personal greed?

I sacrificed my pleasures as a family man to ensure my family always had what it needed. I never sacrificed my responsibilities as a father and husband.

Guess people like you think it best to have fun watching junior play football and when it comes time to put food on the table, blame the rich man as your son sits there hungry.

These people - people like VaYank - see no sacrifice in the risks people like you (and my dad) take, they see no value in your employing others - all employers are 'exploiting' the hard working little guys. :lol: I can't count the number of people like that my dad has employed over the years.... people who think they are owed more than a decent day's pay for a decent day's work. Every one of them gets fired. Those that work hard, get rewarded for it.

I have a question for you, is your dad a small businessman?
The reason I ask is that despite high productivity, for the last decade workers wages have remained stagnant despite good profits.
Now I have worked for small businesses and large businesses and I have found that small businesses in general, have more of a handle of the "a decent day's pay for a decent day's work" concept.

Way to be civil.

The reason I ask is that despite high productivity, for the last decade workers wages have remained stagnant despite good profits.
Now I have worked for small businesses and large businesses and I have found that small businesses in general, have more of a handle of the "a decent day's pay for a decent day's work" concept.

Over the last decade to 15 years, changes in technology have increased produictivity dramatically...but sadly, at the cost of human manpower....and with the need for lesser quality

For example...whereas a research department used to require 4 people working to all hours of the night to find info from books and such....now it is one person conducitng a few boolean searches on the internet.

So it is two fold....the quality of the research person needed decreases as does the amount of research people....so whereas a research person was paid 50K to spend 60 hours a week collecting data from thousands of articles....you now have a computer clerk at 25K running searches.

A receptionist used to answer phones, take messages, etc...now we have voicemail where the receptionmist is for overflow..

So whereas a receptionist used to get paid 30K to apply customer service skills and have the abiulity to multi task...now youy pay a lower skilled individual 20K to sit there and direct any overflow.

Another example is in manufacturing...

A machinist used to get paid good money to apply his skill on a lathe....

Now? CNC lathes do all of the work...and the machinist is doing nothing more than inserting the bar and hitting a button.

Should they get paid as much as the machinists that used to apply a skill?

The real complaint should not be at the greed of the business owner. It is smart business.

The real complaint should be at technology...One day it will competely eliminate the need for manpower all together.

Over the last decade to 15 years, changes in technology have increased produictivity dramatically...but sadly, at the cost of human manpower....and with the need for lesser quality

For example...whereas a research department used to require 4 people working to all hours of the night to find info from books and such....now it is one person conducitng a few boolean searches on the internet.

So it is two fold....the quality of the research person needed decreases as does the amount of research people....so whereas a research person was paid 50K to spend 60 hours a week collecting data from thousands of articles....you now have a computer clerk at 25K running searches.

A receptionist used to answer phones, take messages, etc...now we have voicemail where the receptionmist is for overflow..

So whereas a receptionist used to get paid 30K to apply customer service skills and have the abiulity to multi task...now youy pay a lower skilled individual 20K to sit there and direct any overflow.

Yes, technology has effected the worker environment. In most cases technology has replaced the lower scales worker. Such is the case of robotics with the assembly line workers per example.

GOP spending cuts would affect millions of people - Yahoo! News

Promises, promises. And they GOPtards really call themselves conservatives, an insult to true conservatives.

I just snipped out a nice representative bit:

Republicans in Texas, Florida and Alabama — where NASA facilities mean thousands of jobs — are sure to fight against cuts to the space agency, which could have to abandon the International Space Station, the White House warns.

Like I've said many times, people want don't want less government; they want less of YOUR government.

Yes, technology has effected the worker environment. In most cases technology has replaced the lower scales worker. Such is the case of robotics with the assembly line workers per example.

Actually, technology replaced the next level up.

The lowest skilled workers are now being hired at 10 an hour (their value) to push a button and be there if the alarm ggoes off.

The better skilled laborers are the ones that are losing jobs to technology...

But that answers your question of why prodcutivity is up but the salaries of the lower level employees have satgnated.

Truth is, the lower level employees have easier jobs than they used to have.

As the example above...

The lower level empoloyee used to have to turn a lathe.

Now the lower level employee simply pushes a button.

Is there a reason that button pusher should be getting MORE than a lathe turner was getting before him?

Duh, ya think? It's kind of like the Doctor saying "This may be a little uncomfortable". Not everything that has to be done is comfortable. Better get used to it.

Aerospace has launched a variety of industries over the years. Seems a bit risky to slash those budgets, if similiar results might be forthcoming. I would look to midlevel management in the Postal Service, EPA, HHS, Education and other large departments.

I would think that it would be obvious that spending cuts would affect millions of people. Everything Washington does affects millions of people to some degree.

However, the affects of spending cuts can only be good for the economy.

I would think that the farmers who are about to lose their governmnet provided farm subsidies would disagree. As would the military and defense contractors who are getting ready to lose billions in work.

Im looking macro. Eliminating waste and corruption is a net positive.

Promises, promises. And they GOPtards really call themselves conservatives, an insult to true conservatives.

Sure will affect millions of people ... millions of people who are carrying the load on their backs.

The country is a mess and if someone smart doesn't step up to the plate to clean up this mess, the entire country is going down the tube. And don't kid yourself, we are already sliding very quickly in that direction -- DOWN.

How the heck do you expect Americans to carry the load Obama has cast upon us, when our jobs have been traded off to other countries, and hungry immigrants are flooding across our borders to be fed and housed AT OUR EXPENSE and huge taxes are being imposed??? You better look at your local public school. Then come back and tell us how many of those students are actually native Americans. And check your County Hospital as well. You also better take a gander at that slop in the Democratic Party who has their mits on our money. I say this as a Democrat, a fed up Democrat, a shocked Democrat, a Democrat who is VERY sorry I participated in the Sweep. You betcha I'm sorry.

This is hardly what anyone bargained for with Obama and our Democrats. We wanted and demanded that AMERICA and AMERICANS be renewed and made strong again. That did not happen. We aren't simply sliding downhill, we are skidding out of control.

My only hope is that the Republicans can reign in this mess until we can get Rick Perry up there in the White House to clean this disgusting mess up.

It's very obvious that the very people who are making and allowing these messes are going to keep making all kinds of noise. Well maybe you like a mess. I don't and I'm going to do everything but shut up and go away about this mess. Count on it. And it sure as hell won't be in support of Democrats or so-called "independents".

So when you yelp and complain about Republicans or "conservatives", expect to hear from ME. I've had enough of liberal stench.

Besides, he is not rich...he is simply trying to keep his kids "well fed".....just ask him.

That is of no consequence... rich or upper middle or middle or whatever... when it comes to entitlements, government spending, etc... it's the earners that get looked at like a weasel looks at the chicken coop

That is your spin and you are entitled to it....

Spin??

Hardly

You and the leftist ilk (as well as the entitlement junkies themselves) look at the earners as the means to their wants... the funding to their expansionist power... it is exactly why the taxation and government funding system has a 'progressive' or 'penalty' type of system... so that the contributors are on the financial hook for the non-contributors

Don't act as if it is not....

I just snipped out a nice representative bit:

Republicans in Texas, Florida and Alabama — where NASA facilities mean thousands of jobs — are sure to fight against cuts to the space agency, which could have to abandon the International Space Station, the White House warns.

Like I've said many times, people want don't want less government; they want less of YOUR government.

No, I, and many others, want less government despite the effort to cherry-pick whatever parts of government you may preceive as being most popular.

Forum List

Back