GOP spending bill to kill 800,000 jobs

No incumbent president dating to 1956 has lost when unemployment fell over the two years leading up to his re-election contest.

And none has won when the rate rose.

Unemployment was 9.8 percent in November 2010.

Last month, seven months before Election Day, the rate was 8.1 percent.
Unemployment is nearly 16%.

Considering most of it pays for itself and then some I do not need a plan. Do you ever say anylgeng intellgent or do you just act like a retard?

how is it going to pay for itself doyathink,, do democrats have a money tree or are you just blowing smoke?

It pays for its self because it saves and creates economic benefits for example head start funding saves 10 dollars for every 1 dollar spent

The right would rather import educated talent from other countries. I'm not just whistling Dixie, they have actually said so.

What are we now ... 27th in education, if I remember right. So, that means we can put our kids to work picking produce the Mexican workers used to pick, cleaning bathrooms their parents used to clean and, look at all the money we save by not hiring good teachers at a livable wage.

We can then use that money to bring in educated people from other countries.

I finally got pissed off enough the other day and dumped AT&T. Reason? I was sick of calling for tech support and getting the Philippines or Asia or anybody except the United States. AT&T? A pub company.

If you love paying for outsourcing, sign with AT&T. If you want to pay US people, sign with CREDO.

The GObP/pub/bag do invest in the United States. That is a FACT the rw's here cannot dispute.

I say, put your money where your mouth is.

You want to pay other countries to do US jobs? Fine. How you spend your money is your choice and you have the right and freedom to pay other countries. So, sign up with AT&T.

If you want to pay US people to do a US job, sign with CREDO.

Fucking GObP/pubs/bags -- screw them. I'm not going to sit back and let them take us down without trying to fight back.

You rw's, I'm sure you just can't wait to sign with AT&T so you can support foreign business and foreign banks, just like your scum candidate, Mittens.

How about you tell us, after all we're too pathetic to understand. BTW, they are still spending lots of money they haven't budgeted. :lol:

You cant spend money if sou dont pass a budget. It si impossible

Can anyone here translate retard?

You're among the most retarded here. You never have a FACT. You only have name calling. And, from everything you have posted, its obvious that you really hate the US.

Why don't you try posting facts for one entire day.

You couldn't do it because you don't have any.

Has the OP or anyone posted an actual link to the truth of any of these claims on the loss of 800k jobs?

Can anyone here translate retard?

You're among the most retarded here. You never have a FACT. You only have name calling. And, from everything you have posted, its obvious that you really hate the US.

Why don't you try posting facts for one entire day.

You couldn't do it because you don't have any.

Wow...Beddy.Bugbite is really pissed.

I'd say that you really have quite a job ahead of you to prove your point though.

Good luck.

Otherwise, this just looks like you wet the carpet and need a timeout.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/roll147.xml
Education

Pell Grants: Slashes the maximum Pell Grant by $845 -- from the current maximum of $5,550 to $4,705. This GOP bill will lower the amount of aid that 9.4 million college students are projected to receive.
Head Start: 218,000 children will be immediately dropped from the Head Start program, due to the Republicans’ $1 billion cut. 55,000 teachers, teacher assistants and related staff would lose their jobs.
Title I: Federal support for K-12 education would be severely cut. Includes cuts of nearly $700 million in help in reading and math for disadvantaged children – meaning 2,400 schools serving 1 million disadvantaged children would lose funding. About 9,000 teachers and aides would be laid off.
Special Education: Reduces funding for Special Education by $558 million, resulting in more than 7,000 special education teachers and staff losing their jobs.
Job Training: Grants to states for job training would be slashed by $3.6 billion – hurting America’s ability to win the race for jobs and industry in the 21st century and cutting training for more than 200,000 Americans out of work through no fault of their own.

Innovation

National Science Foundation: 5,500 fewer researchers, compared to FY 2010 funding (and 20,000 fewer researchers, compared to President’s FY 2011 request) would be supported at the National Science Foundation – undermining America’s efforts at breakthrough basic research in science and engineering.
NIH: $1.6 billion in cuts, compared to FY 2010 funding (and $2.5 billion in cuts, compared to President’s FY 2011 request) for the National Institutes of Health. Such a severe cut would require NIH to reduce support for over 25,000 existing research grants and scale back promising clinical trials, representing a significant setback in research for such diseases as cancer, diabetes, and Alzheimer’s.
Clean Energy Research: $1.7 billion in cuts, compared to FY 2010 funding (and $2.3 billion in cuts, compared to President’s FY 2011 request) in clean energy research – including slashing Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy programs and the Department of Energy’s Office of Science, which would significantly delay much-needed research in clean energy technology and cost thousands of clean energy jobs.
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST): Reduces funding for NIST, which promotes U.S. innovation and industrial competitiveness by advancing the building blocks of technological advancements, by $162 million below FY 2010. This steep reduction could lead to construction halts and damage the Administration’s innovation initiatives.
Wall Street Reform: Jeopardizes the economic recovery by undercutting the implementation of the Wall Street Reform law, which is designed to protect consumers and prevent future taxpayer-funded bailouts, by cutting and hamstringing the funding of watchdog agencies charged with preventing future Bernie Madoff-type Ponzi schemes (CFTC & SEC) and of the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

Rebuilding America

Overall Infrastructure: Cuts key investments in rebuilding America, which will lead to the loss of more than 300,000 American jobs, primarily in the private sector.
High-Speed/Intercity Rail: Zeroes out funding for High Speed Rail Corridors and Intercity Passenger Rail Services, including rescinding $2.5 billion in high-speed rail projects that have already been awarded.
Clean Water Infrastructure: 750 fewer wastewater and drinking water projects that communities can finance with federal assistance, leading to the loss of nearly 40,000 American jobs.
TIGER Surface Transportation Projects: A loss of 25,000 new construction jobs and the cancellation of 76 projects in 40 states for TIGER surface transportation projects.
Air Traffic Control: $234 million in cuts in the efforts to improve our nation’s air traffic control system.

Public Safety

Homeland Security Grants: Reduces funding for FEMA State and Local Programs by $1.4 billion, which will significantly cut funding to support port and transit security and funding to hire first responders.
Border Security Technology: Funding for border security technology is cut by about $250 million – slowing efforts to better secure the border with new and much-needed border surveillance technologies.
Food Safety: USDA food safety inspections would be cut by $88 million – making it impossible to conduct daily inspections of meat and poultry plants. This would force many meat and poultry plants to shut down for more than a month in 2011, resulting in estimated economic losses of up to $11 billion.

Impact on Those Who Are Hurting Most

Nutrition Assistance: The WIC nutrition assistance program would be cut by more than $740 million, compared to the FY 2010 level – which would require thousands of parents, pregnant mothers, and children to be dropped from the program.
Low-Income Energy Assistance: Low-Income Home Energy Assistance (LIHEAP) would be cut by almost $400 million – leaving out in the cold many of the seniors and families with children in need of help in paying high energy bills.
Title X: Title X is eliminated, which provides life-saving health services, including HIV testing, cancer screening, blood-pressure testing, and contraceptive services, for more than 5 million low-income women, two-thirds of whom are uninsured.
Housing for Homeless Veterans: Eliminates a program of housing vouchers for homeless veterans. In January 2009, more than 75,000 veterans were homeless and over the course of the year nearly twice that many (136,000) spent at least one night in a homeless shelter.

Do you have a plan as to where all the money to pay for this shit is gonna come from? or do you just bitch?

Considering most of it pays for itself and then some I do not need a plan. Do you ever say anylgeng intellgent or do you just act like a retard?

When does Obama's $5 trillion in added debt start to pay for itself?

how is it going to pay for itself doyathink,, do democrats have a money tree or are you just blowing smoke?

It pays for its self because it saves and creates economic benefits for example head start funding saves 10 dollars for every 1 dollar spent

:lol::lol::cuckoo::lol::lol:

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

Has the OP or anyone posted an actual link to the truth of any of these claims on the loss of 800k jobs?

I'm not sure. I'm still trying to figure out how you can't spend money without a budget. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Perhaps if you hadn't slept in school you'd know the basics about how our govrenemnt works

So, since you're so smart can you give me a link on how our government works. I'm really interested on how they can't spend money without a budget.

I'm thinking you must be related to TM, perhaps a sister or long lost daughter/son???

Last edited:
Apparently... its pathetic that you two are so damn ignorant

How about you tell us, after all we're too pathetic to understand. BTW, they are still spending lots of money they haven't budgeted. :lol:

I'll be nice and explain ....

First you run up government spending BIGTIME ... (read 'stimuli')
Second you refuse to pass a budget and pass 'continuing resolution' which maintains previous years spending with an added 10% kicker to 'keep government running while a budget debate rages'
Three rinse and repeat for a third year in a row and you have ballooning spending without a budget

I'll be nice and explain ....

First you run up government spending BIGTIME ... (read 'stimuli')
Second you refuse to pass a budget and pass 'continuing resolution' which maintains previous years spending with an added 10% kicker to 'keep government running while a budget debate rages'
Three rinse and repeat for a third year in a row and you have ballooning spending without a budget

Do you think it's possible zzzzzzz might understand............I have my doubts. :confused:

Forum List

Back