GOP should call Obama's bluff on "Tax the rich"

12 to 15 different polls show the American Public agrees with Obama on this topic, some are in the 70% area.

also, the GOP needs to tell ME why this grover Norquist fells has so much power w/o being elected by WE THE PEOPLE.

Guys, this is a no briner, the close to 3 out of 4 Americans want a better tax structure for the rich. the writing is on the wall GOP. Now do as you were elected to do and govern for and by the people.

LOL Of course the polls show some Americans are for raising SOMEBODY elses taxes.

Nothing new there.

Ask em if they want theirs raised and see what you get for an answer.

CBS- 72% want to raise taxes on the rich (have doubled their wealth under Voodoo while everyone else suffers)- the rest are greedy rich Pub a-holes and idiot dupes. You've had the rope and hung yourselves....We're sick to death of you loudmouth morons.

No the Bush Tax cuts have expired, they are no longer in place. They are now the 0bama tax cuts, slight of hand and more lies. Typical rhetoric of this Campaigner-in-chief.

How about this for a strategy:

GOP says "OK President Obama. We'll tax the rich. Tax the shit outta them. You say we obstruct you? Ok. You say the rich dont pay their "fair" share? Ok. Americans....listen to this. We, the GOP, will trust President Obama on this. It's HIS to own. We'll vote for his big tax hike on the rich. We'll trust HIS leadership and ideals on this. We'll pass this immediately. We'll see the results in the economy and debt by next November."

Go ahead. Pass it. Hike taxes on the rich, right now. See what happens. Let Obama run on the results of it, not the idea of it.

I suspect he'd shit his pants when he realizes he'll have to run on the results.

First...taxes are lower than they've been in 50 years. If they call his bluff they're history. Multiple polls show that more than 60% of Americans believe it's the right thing to do.

Only if accompanied by cuts..... and not the smoke and mirrors you guys have tried.

No the Bush Tax cuts have expired, they are no longer in place. They are now the 0bama tax cuts, slight of hand and more lies.

now this is some funny shit. Is 2pm over here half way across the globe and this is by far the funniest thing I have read all day. thx, needed that laugh.

No the Bush Tax cuts have expired, they are no longer in place. They are now the 0bama tax cuts, slight of hand and more lies.

now this is some funny shit. Is 2pm over here half way across the globe and this is by far the funniest thing I have read all day. thx, needed that laugh.

Explain. As everyone points out Obama lowered them further.

Is it just an inherent dishonesty with you folks?

GOP says "OK President Obama. We'll tax the rich. Tax the shit outta them. You say we obstruct you? Ok. You say the rich dont pay their "fair" share? Ok. Americans....listen to this. We, the GOP, will trust President Obama on this. It's HIS to own. We'll vote for his big tax hike on the rich. We'll trust HIS leadership and ideals on this. We'll pass this immediately. We'll see the results in the economy and debt by next November."

Go ahead. Pass it. Hike taxes on the rich, right now. See what happens. Let Obama run on the results of it, not the idea of it.

I suspect he'd shit his pants when he realizes he'll have to run on the results.

What exactly is a "fair share"?

Here is BARACK OBAMA on video August 5, 2009 stating he will NOT raise taxes on anyone because of the economy. The GOP has WMD on this.

It's campaign season and he's out there threatening the "evil rich" and CORPORATIONS in this country with higher taxes and then wonders why they move operations overseas>in return business in this country has tucked in like a turtle and are waiting for the threat to leave.

BARACK OBAMA ON VIDEO--STATING THE REASON HE WOULDN'T RAISE TAXES ON ANYONE.

Obama: "The LAST THING We Want to Do Is Raise Taxes During a Recession" - YouTube

Read my lips! No new taxes!

Ame®icano;4165407 said:

It is what democrats tell you it is. We reserve the right to raise the figure at our whim.

12 to 15 different polls show the American Public agrees with Obama on this topic, some are in the 70% area.

also, the GOP needs to tell ME why this grover Norquist fells has so much power w/o being elected by WE THE PEOPLE.

Guys, this is a no briner, the close to 3 out of 4 Americans want a better tax structure for the rich. the writing is on the wall GOP. Now do as you were elected to do and govern for and by the people.

LOL Of course the polls show some Americans are for raising SOMEBODY elses taxes.

Nothing new there.

Yeah...I'm also for everybody sending their kids to the same kind of schools, knowing that their kids will have to go to some schithole in the desert 10,000 miles away and put their lives on the line instead of drinking imported beer and phucking the cheerleaders at an ivy league school. The well off in this country have changed to a different breed during my lifetime and I'm just 77 years old. When the 2 WW started rich people like John Kennedy volunteered, came back wounded for life and continued to serve anyway. I won't even mention that the Kennedy family lost a son in that war...yes, I guess I will.

Obama didn't raise taxes on the rich in the 3 years democrats had full control.

He said he would on the campaign trail in 2008, he'll say he will on the campaign trail in 2012. It's nothing but pandering, another example of a b-s talking point to make it seem like dems and reps are vastly different on this issue.

So whether you support or oppose the idea, understand it's not going to happen.

purrty much, were screwed either way. either the GOP starts to govern and help us get out of this hole now or the point of no return is near. If the GOP wins the Presidency, expect the Dems to obstruct early and often. And why not, its all the GOP did. A new precedence has been set, is that what we want?

Last edited:

Wrong, it's what needs to be done. On top of that, all of the Bush Tax Cuts need to come to an end. As revenues increase, some of that money can be put into infrastructure spending. What many conservatives don't understand is that a great deal of government spending ends up in the private sector. Cutting that spending will take money out of the private sector and slow growth. While building a bridge to nowhere does not make sense, it does employ people and put money into the economy. We just need to concentrate on the bridges to somewhere rather than the ones to nowhere. There is good government spending and bad government spending.

No! It does not put money into the economy! It only recycles it and not very efficiently. The money used to build your bridge came from the private sector. Say we spend a million on a bridge. The government has to collect or borrow 1.25 million to cover IRS, EPA, DOT and all the other various bureaucracies it has created to impede the private sector.

He said he would on the campaign trail in 2008, he'll say he will on the campaign trail in 2012. It's nothing but pandering, another example of a b-s talking point to make it seem like dems and reps are vastly different on this issue.

LOL!!!

Quoting Hey Zeus!!!!

If you believe the creator of the universe dropped by 2000 years ago and left the only keys to the kingdom with a bunch of ignorant goat herders who thought the earth was flat...you have no credibility.

Ame®icano;4165407 said:

It is what democrats tell you it is. We reserve the right to raise the figure at our whim.

No, no, how much exactly is that?

40%? 50%? 60%?

It seems they keep talking about "fair share", but never specify the number. Why?

Let's say they increase taxes 20% or so. How much time before they will start talking about "fair share" again?

LOL!!!

Quoting Hey Zeus!!!!

If you believe the creator of the universe dropped by 2000 years ago and left the only keys to the kingdom with a bunch of ignorant goat herders who thought the earth was flat...you have no credibility.

Who? What?

:confused:

He won election based on "redistribution of wealth".

He had full control over government and hadn't done it.

Now he's running campaign on the same ticket. Most of people who voted for him first time will be fooled again. But not all.

Nothing new there.

72% think the wealthy should share more of the tax burden. Regardless of whether the rich should pay more or not, the public believes they should. This issue is going to be a millstone around the neck of the next GOP candidate.

Keeping taxes low for the rich, destroying unions, cutting unemployment compensation, phasing out medicare, and fighting all legislation to create jobs are not going to play well in 2012 with Americans looking for a job or worried about keeping one.

Nothing new there.

72% think the wealthy should share more of the tax burden. Regardless of whether the rich should pay more or not, the public believes they should. This issue is going to be a millstone around the neck of the next GOP candidate.

Keeping taxes low for the rich, destroying unions, cutting unemployment compensation, phasing out medicare, and fighting all legislation to create jobs are not going to play well in 2012 with Americans looking for a job or worried about keeping one.

Looking at the last 3 years, the last thing I would think Obama would run on would be job growth or job retainment.

Whether you think the president controls that or not, that's an issue he should avoid.

Forum List

Back