GOP shoot down one of their own

Because you say so without evidence? Hilarious. Here, let me tell you again. "This compromise gives Republicanism the future, damages the Democrats significantly, and shuts the door on Libertarianism."

And let me tell you again that as a poor example Libertarian you have no weight with Republican politics.
You are not a Republican, because you don't count here.

This compromise gives Republicanism the future, damages the Democrats significantly, and shuts the door on Libertarianism.

Win Win Win for the good guys.

it's not a compromise, Fakey, and Republicans have nothing to gain by voting for it. They will be slitting their own throats if they do. Of course, that's exactly why you support it.

I'll repeat it for you since it obviously didn't penetrate the first time:

It's not a compromise, Fakey, and Republicans have nothing to gain by voting for it. They will be slitting their own throats if they do. Of course, that's exactly why you support it.

The majority of Americans support higher taxeson the wealthy.

Why don't you tell us, in YOUR OWN words, why you think it's a good idea to raise tax rates on the wealthy.

Do you believe it will result in more tax revenue? News from the UK just yesterday showed how raising tax rates on their wealthy resulted in LESS tax revenue. How are you sure that won't be the case with us?

Do you think higher taxes on those that start/expand businesses, provide capital, and make large scale purchases will help or hurt the economy?

Lastly, as we already have the most progressive tax structure in the world, how do you think that making it more so will effect the movement of capital and jobs to other countries? Will it help America or hurt?

Please, enlighten us.

Let me see...since I am somewhat sorry for you being one of the 47% losers who voted for Willard...let me say :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::clap2::clap2:

I think the tax rate should return to the level during the Clinton years when we all got richer, until the Chimp named W came and screwed the economy. I agree with PRESIDENT OBAMA, who wishes to remove the tax breaks for the wealthy. He has the right to propose that because HE WON AND WILLARD LOST.

YES, I do believe the wealthy should pay their fair share and when necessay should pay more to benefit their country. I am aligned with the majority of Americans, while you can remain with the minority. Have a Good Life down there.

PS: Now go away and play with your Grover Norquist doll.

Last edited:
You are wrong, as you normally are. :lol:

Because you say so without evidence? Hilarious. Here, let me tell you again. "This compromise gives Republicanism the future, damages the Democrats significantly, and shuts the door on Libertarianism."

And let me tell you again that as a poor example Libertarian you have no weight with Republican politics.
it's not a compromise, Fakey, and Republicans have nothing to gain by voting for it. They will be slitting their own throats if they do. Of course, that's exactly why you support it.

I'll repeat it for you since it obviously didn't penetrate the first time:

It's not a compromise, Fakey, and Republicans have nothing to gain by voting for it. They will be slitting their own throats if they do. Of course, that's exactly why you support it.

Let's see- The richest have tripled their wealth under Voodoo, and 93% of growth since 2008 has gone to them, while the nonrich and the country have suffered. The 800 billion this small tax rise would bring in is 2/3 of sequestration.

How ignorant and brainwashed can the dupes get?

The $800 billion is over TEN years, Frenchie.

Try again?

Once again I'll say it for you hard of hearing folks in the cheap seats.

IT DOESN'T ACCOMPLISH A THING!!

$80 billion a year barely pays the INTEREST on the annual DEFICIT, let alone reduce the DEBT!

Way to miss the point.

There was a POINT?

My point is to illustrate the utter absurdity in thinking this tax hike is anything other than class warfare.

Taxes are already too high on EVERYBODY, spending MUST be SLASHED!

The majority of Americans support higher taxeson the wealthy.

Why don't you tell us, in YOUR OWN words, why you think it's a good idea to raise tax rates on the wealthy.

Do you believe it will result in more tax revenue? News from the UK just yesterday showed how raising tax rates on their wealthy resulted in LESS tax revenue. How are you sure that won't be the case with us?

Do you think higher taxes on those that start/expand businesses, provide capital, and make large scale purchases will help or hurt the economy?

Lastly, as we already have the most progressive tax structure in the world, how do you think that making it more so will effect the movement of capital and jobs to other countries? Will it help America or hurt?

Please, enlighten us.

Let me see...since I am somewhat sorry for you being one of the 47% losers who voted for Willard...let me say :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::clap2::clap2:

I think the tax rate should return to the level during the Clinton years when we all got richer, until the Chimp named W came and screwed the economy. I agree with PRESIDENT OBAMA, who wishes to remove the tax breaks for the wealthy. He has the right to propose that because HE WON AND WILLARD LOST.

YES, I do believe the wealthy should pay their fair share and when necessay should pay more to benefit their country. I am aligned with the majority of Americans, while you can remain with the minority. Have a Good Life down there.

You still haven't answered the questions. It's clear you support the President's position. My question is why?

You say the wealthy should pay their "fair share" but overlook that we already have the most lopsided (read, most progressive) tax structure in the world. How is making that more so going to help increase investment in the US vs overseas? You also overlook that history suggests (in the US and UK) that raising tax rates will result in less revenue. What say you about that? Will you explain how higher tax rates in the US will help the economy?

So far, all you given us is childish name calling. Are you capable of honest debate?

I agree, 80 billion a year won't do anything,,it's pocket change! So why are some folks all worked up the small money anyway?
Let's just stick it to the poor and middle class with spending cuts and stop this class warfare on the wealthy!

Given that we're now borrowing over half of what the federal government spends, how do you feel about "sticking it" to future generations?

$16,300,000,000,000 and rising fast...

Please, enlighten us.

You still haven't answered the questions. It's clear you support the President's position. My question is why?

You say the wealthy should pay their "fair share" but overlook that we already have the most lopsided (read, most progressive) tax structure in the world. How is making that more so going to help increase investment in the US vs overseas? You also overlook that history suggests (in the US and UK) that raising tax rates will result in less revenue. What say you about that? Will you explain how higher tax rates in the US will help the economy?

So far, all you given us is childish name calling. Are you capable of honest debate?

You are partisan and narrow if you think spending cuts alone will address the deficit. There needs to be additional revenue and the majority of Americans agree with the President on from where the revenues need to come. The GOP know that they have their backs against the wall. They will reach a deal or they will suffer more losses in the next election. That is the bottom line.

I agree, 80 billion a year won't do anything,,it's pocket change! So why are some folks all worked up the small money anyway?
Let's just stick it to the poor and middle class with spending cuts and stop this class warfare on the wealthy!

Given that we're now borrowing over half of what the federal government spends, how do you feel about "sticking it" to future generations?

So who exactly should we stick it to? The wealthy? No! Future generations? No! The poor and middle class? OK!

You are partisan and narrow if you think spending cuts alone will address the deficit. There needs to be additional revenue and the majority of Americans agree with the President on from where the revenues need to come. The GOP know that they have their backs against the wall. They will reach a deal or they will suffer more losses in the next election. That is the bottom line.

Again, you still haven't address the questions. Specifically, if you believe more revenue is needed, how do you square the fact that often, raising tax rates results in less revenue? That was certainly the case for in the UK. How do you think taxing the wealthy more will help increase capital investment in the US, a major driver of economic growth, jobs...and tax revenue?

So who exactly should we stick it to? The wealthy? No! Future generations? No! The poor and middle class? OK!

I don't think we should stick it to anybody. I think we should live within our means. We currently collect over $2 trillion in tax revenue. We managed to live just fine with that amount of spending less than 10 years ago. But today we have to borrow an additional trillion plus? Makes no sense.

So, if you don't want to stick it to future generations, who do you think should get stuck with this ungodly bill?

Forum List

Back