GOP senators: US, not Israel, should attack Iran "if necessary"

Oh, OK. Little misunderstanding there. Could happen to anyone. A-mad actually loves Israel and wants to see it prosper in peace. Glad we cleared that up.
Tool.

See Kevin! You do want Jews pushed into the sea! Be sure to get that Jew blood off your face, shouldn't be drinking from a goblet anyway. :eek:

That wasn't so much Rabbi calling me an anti-semite, but simply twisting my words into something completely wrong because what I actually said couldn't be countered.

Oh, OK. Little misunderstanding there. Could happen to anyone. A-mad actually loves Israel and wants to see it prosper in peace. Glad we cleared that up.
Tool.

See Kevin! You do want Jews pushed into the sea! Be sure to get that Jew blood off your face, shouldn't be drinking from a goblet anyway. :eek:

That wasn't so much Rabbi calling me an anti-semite, but simply twisting my words into something completely wrong because what I actually said couldn't be countered.

Robert thinks that if you respond to him, that you're calling him an anti-semite. it's a little problem he has.

as for you, ahmadinejad absolutely said he wants the destruction of israel. and i have zero doubt that a) iran isn't developing nukes for peaceful means. (you've already been told that the location and size of the facility indicates more nefarous purpose). b) most people who don't want to see israel wiped off the map know very well that he wouldn't hesitate to use nukes on israel because it would make him the most powerful person and iran the most powerful country in the middle east.

Last edited:

Robert thinks that if you respond to him, that you're calling him an anti-semite. it's a little problem he has.

as for you, ahmadinejad absolutely said he wants the destruction of israel. and i have zero doubt that a) iran isn't developing nukes for peaceful means. (you've already been told that the location and size of the facility indicates more nefarous purpose). b) most people who don't want to see israel wiped off the map know very well that he wouldn't hesitate to use nukes on israel because it would make him the most powerful person and iran the most powerful country in the middle east.

I'm not sure who Robert is.

At any rate, that's not what Ahmadinejad said.

"President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad did quote Ayatollah Khomeini to the effect that "this Occupation regime over Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time" (in rezhim-e eshghalgar-i Qods bayad as safheh-e ruzgar mahv shavad). This was not a pledge to roll tanks and invade or to launch missiles, however. It is the expression of a hope that the regime will collapse, just as the Soviet Union did. It is not a threat to kill anyone at all."

The top ten things you didn't know about Iran | Salon

Do I think he'd be sad if Israel was wiped off the map? No. I'm simply saying he never threatened to do it, and has even said Iran is no threat to Israel.

Informed Comment

Yes, I have been told that, on this message board. Excuse me if I don't take it all that seriously. I've also been told that they told the IAEA about this facility as they're supposed to do, and I think if it really were a threat we'd have heard about this facility long beforehand since the U.S. government has apparently been keeping it under wraps for years as well.

Using nukes on Israel would not make him the most powerful person in the Middle East, it would make him dead. Israel has nukes of its own that it would most certainly not hesitate to use in retaliation.

Actually, it's called making light of the sort of reaction. It doesn't really happen anymore. I don't have a little problem at all. :lol:

Besides, I'm actually agreeing that the Iran leader is a whacko who shouldn't be trusted.

robert is dogbert

"President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad did quote Ayatollah Khomeini to the effect that "this Occupation regime over Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time" (in rezhim-e eshghalgar-i Qods bayad as safheh-e ruzgar mahv shavad). This was not a pledge to roll tanks and invade or to launch missiles, however. It is the expression of a hope that the regime will collapse, just as the Soviet Union did. It is not a threat to kill anyone at all."

Do I think he'd be sad if Israel was wiped off the map? No. I'm simply saying he never threatened to do it, and has even said Iran is no threat to Israel.

Informed Comment

Yes, I have been told that, on this message board. Excuse me if I don't take it all that seriously. I've also been told that they told the IAEA about this facility as they're supposed to do, and I think if it really were a threat we'd have heard about this facility long beforehand since the U.S. government has apparently been keeping it under wraps for years as well.

Using nukes on Israel would not make him the most powerful person in the Middle East, it would make him dead. Israel has nukes of its own that it would most certainly not hesitate to use in retaliation.

Ahmadinejad said that khomeini saying "israel must be wiped off the map" was a "wise statement".

so any attempt to claim that he is other than virulent is pretty disingenuous.

we've known about this facility for two years at least.... the proper response to it is what is up for grabs. i don't believe we can or should go to war with Iran. But I do believe that Iran shouldn't ever have nukes so long as it is being run as a fundie haven.

and frankly, the moderate arab nations really don't want iran to have nukes either.

how effective do you think anything coming out of israel would be AFTER being nuked...it's the size of NJ.

and don't you understand they don't care if they die? they think if they blow up israel, they're going to paradise.

Last edited:

Israel doesn't ;) have ;) any ;) nukes ;). Not sure where you got that information. :eusa_whistle:

this is where you sound like a jerk, robbie.

Sorry Jill, but it's the #1 most open secret in the Middle East that Israel has nuclear weapons. They have over a hundred and they aren't afraid to use them. Besides, if Iran were to blow up Israel's stockpile of nukes, we would no longer have a middle east problem to think about because there would be no middle east. So Iran wouldn't just piss off Israel and the other Western countries by doing this. I'm pretty sure all the other middle eastern countries don't want to die.

robert is dogbert

Informed Comment

Ahmadinejad said that khomeini saying "israel must be wiped off the map" was a "wise statement".

so any attempt to claim that he is other than virulent is pretty disingenuous.

we've known about this facility for two years at least.... the proper response to it is what is up for grabs. i don't believe we can or should go to war with Iran. But I do believe that Iran shouldn't ever have nukes so long as it is being run as a fundie haven.

and frankly, the moderate arab nations really don't want iran to have nukes either.

how effective do you think anything coming out of israel would be AFTER being nuked...it's the size of NJ.

and don't you understand they don't care if they die? they think if they blow up israel, they're going to paradise.

Except Khomeini didn't say Israel should be wiped off the map, once again. He said the regime in Israel should vanish from the pages of time. Not at all the same thing.

If we thought it was a threat we would have revealed this facility when we learned about it. Since we did not even think it a threat big enough to reveal and use as propaganda then I'm going to assume it is not a threat.

You say they don't care if they die. However, these are not the extremists in al-Qaeda with Osama bin-Laden.

this is where you sound like a jerk, robbie.

Sorry Jill, but it's the #1 most open secret in the Middle East that Israel has nuclear weapons. They have over a hundred and they aren't afraid to use them. Besides, if Iran were to blow up Israel's stockpile of nukes, we would no longer have a middle east problem to think about because there would be no middle east. So Iran wouldn't just piss off Israel and the other Western countries by doing this. I'm pretty sure all the other middle eastern countries don't want to die.

I don't think you've ever seen me say that Israel doesn't have nukes.... nor any of the other people on this board who support israel.

THAT is why you sounded so silly....

The moderate arab nations don't seem to wish to be destroyed. but you're talking about Ahmadinejad and the khomeinis... i don't think they have any such restraint. nor do i think iran's nukes would be used for defensive or deterrant purposes.

I don't think you've ever seen me say that Israel doesn't have nukes.... nor any of the other people on this board who support israel.

The moderate arab nations don't seem to wish to be destroyed. but you're talking about Ahmadinejad and the khomeinis... i don't think they have any such restraint. nor do i think iran's nukes would be used for defensive or deterrant purposes.

You haven't seen them all then.

I agree, Iran's nukes would not be used for defensive purposes. As you talked about the moderate arab nations, that is exactly why Iran will not nuke Israel. Because then there will be no more middle east.

You haven't seen them all then.

I agree, Iran's nukes would not be used for defensive purposes. As you talked about the moderate arab nations, that is exactly why Iran will not nuke Israel. Because then there will be no more middle east.

Do you know what a "twelver" is? Well A-jad is one of them.

And your doubts are well founded. There is no rational need for any non-weapons state to produce HEU except for weapons.

And your doubts are well founded. There is no rational need for any non-weapons state to produce HEU except for weapons.

Someone who wants to bring about armageddon should not have nuclear weapons.

Although I agree, Iran signed a treaty and that weighs very heavily as well.

Although I agree, Iran signed a treaty and that weighs very heavily as well.

I don't imagine that treaty is worth the paper it's written on when it comes to Iran.
For the sake of credibility of international law, it is in the best interests of all nations that treaty obligations are paramount. Even more so when the treaty involves nuclear weapons. This must be a multinational effort, and it is for most of the major players. However, sanctions have been ineffective, but not because sanctions are, it's because few have been diligent in following them. Screw waivers for humanitarian aid at this point, IMO.

Last edited:
The usual Iran bashing by the ignorant and the stupid sheeple, and the only ones wanting to nuke anyone is, yes Israel and its tail the US. Its funny how the two powerful nations are scared of one small nation with no nukes and even if it did obtain them dont share the same suicidal tendicies of the aforementioned.

Some of you yanks need to get out abit more, your dumber than cow shit.

The usual Iran bashing by the ignorant and the stupid sheeple, and the only ones wanting to nuke anyone is, yes Israel and its tail the US. Its funny how the two powerful nations are scared of one small nation with no nukes and even if it did obtain them dont share the same suicidal tendicies of the aforementioned.

Some of you yanks need to get out abit more, your dumber than cow shit.

Misspellings are the least of your problems. Terminal syphilis might rank close. Iran is not a small nation. If Israel wanted to nuke someone they'd have done it already.

This is amazing, how my fellow Americans can try to paint Iran as a warmongering nation. If there ever was a standard for the pot calling the kettle black we've found a new one.

Do I like the Irani gov't? Hell no, it's a trash religious based bunch of fools with no real democracy.

But how many innocent people have we killed in the last ten years? 500,000? How many in the last 20? 1,500,000? The last 40? 8,000,000?

In that same time period give me a number of how many innocent people Iran has killed.

The way the mainstream media and gov't puppets in both parties have molded the vast majority of brains in the US is really a sad thing to see in action.

Forum List

Back