gop Senators Receive Stark Warning About Voting Against trump

Fake News. Name the person who is is claiming this.

The blizzard of lies from the Left about Trump is all going up in smoke! You guys have been caught lying so many times that no one believes anything you say. Enough with the unsourced lies.

President Trump’s Approval Rating Climbs Three Points in One Week Since Democrats Opened Their Sham Senate Impeachment Trial

They are rebroadcasting CBS news which is a clean news agency.

Republican senators receive stark warning about voting against Trump

Yah, I know, since it differs from Rump, it must be fake news. Even Foxnews shows that a simple majority of Americans want the impeachment to happen. But the removal from office is just about split down the middle. I, for one, am sick of the whole thing. it's pretty apparent that Rump is guilty as sin. But I don't want him removed from office. That's a terrible precedence. But I would settle for the Senate to not remove him from office but issue a censer on him instead. (Yah, trolls, I know I mispelled censure, get over it),

I think, in the end, the Republican Senators are going to have to make a choice. Either Rump is censured or they find him totally without fault and end a bunch of their careers. The Public won't forget by November and more than half of all voters will vote another way. I think the Republicans need to play the whole game and put the Republican National Convention back on the playing field like it should be in the first place. Doing a fast research, I can't find anytime in history that the Republican National Convention was suspended.

The Public won't forget by November

The Public forgot by already. Nobody believes your fabricated charges.

The public isn't even paying attention.

Schiff et al aren't presenting any EVIDENCE to actually PROVE their case against their President. All he's giving is opinions.

Everyone has an opinion.

But trials are decided with facts.

Not this one. If that were the case, the facts would be allowed. Rump has already bragged he has all the facts but won't release them. Just what does it take to really piss off the Republican Senators anyway? And now they get a direct threat. They have enough to come to a conclusion that Rump overstepped his boundries. Just Censure him and close the hearing. Move the F((( on. And then prepare a decent Candidate for November while there is still time.
So far, President Trump has done an outstanding job on all the issues, so there is no better candidate for the Republicans to run, but the Democrats clearly don't like any of their choices and Biden, Sanders and Warren lead the pack only because they have the most name recognition, in that order, not because any of the Democrats know or care about their policies or demonstrated competence.

On what issues?..reducing the deficit?, better healthcare at such a good price?, a beautiful wall that Mexico will pay for?, and a myriad of others that President Bloviator has whiffed on? This is what Republicans have become and this is why they are all in on Trump. To speak out against him is to commit political seppuku. Moscow Mitch knows that the demographics are slowly shifting away from his party. Hence the stacking of the courts with "conservative" judges in a desperate attempt to hang on to power.

Democrats are all about policy. Republicans are all about fear and hatred...which is reflected in their policy.

Schiff et al aren't presenting any EVIDENCE to actually PROVE their case against their President. All he's giving is opinions.

Everyone has an opinion.

It takes a two thirds majority to convict, and the Democrats have only 47 seats int the Senate and would need 20 Republicans to vote with them to remove the President, so this is not a real trial but only a political stunt.

But it's one that is needed to be done. What is not being done is the Senate doing IT'S job. Right now, it's pretty clear that the Senate is totally controlled by the Executive Branch and that rubs me the wrong way. If you are a constutionalist then it should you as well.
Nonsense. members of Congress always support a president of their own party. In this case, the Republicans in the Senate are doing their job; the articles of impeachment are without merit and it remains to be seen the Democrats in the Senate will do their job and vote against this hoax or bow and scrape to the party and vote for it.
They didn’t under Nixon

They realized they must do what is right and told Nixon he needed to resign or be impeached
Since he was never impeached, we don't know what they would have done. We do know that many Democrats in Congress who didn't like Obama's Iran deal voted for it anyway because of loyalty to him or fear of retribution or because he offered to bribe them with more aid to Israel. That's a pretty good example of the executive taking control of Congress, so why wan't Obama impeached?

The House Managers are just repeating themselves over and over again. Boring as hell.

Just repeating the same bullshit over and over again, but no actual PROOF of their claims against their beloved President.

IMHO, they have just not met the standard of proof and have not shown beyond a reasonable doubt that Donald J. Trump is guilty of any crime at all, much less a high crime.
They are nailing down their case against the President and doing a masterful job

huh?

Are we watching the same trial?

I really haven't seen President Trump tied to anything substantive at all with regards to the articles of impeachment.

In fact, Mr. Schiff has brought up things which happened like "russian collusion" which have nothing to do with the charges.

IMHO, Justice Roberts should have declared a mistrial for prosecutorial misconduct. Trump is being tried for specific charges, and you can't bring up unproven allegations that are totally unrelated.

It's all part of it. And did you get a load of the crap Rudy is spewing right now? Wow. All of a sudden the House Managers don't sound so outlandish anymore.

This is just so wrong. No president should be threatening a senator. The sad thing is that trump does and the republican senators cower in fear.

No president should be doing this.

GOP senators receive stark warning about voting against Trump

The blizzard of lies from the Left about Trump is all going up in smoke! You guys have been caught lying so many times that no one believes anything you say. Enough with the unsourced lies.

President Trump’s Approval Rating Climbs Three Points in One Week Since Democrats Opened Their Sham Senate Impeachment Trial

Yah, I know, since it differs from Rump, it must be fake news. Even Foxnews shows that a simple majority of Americans want the impeachment to happen. But the removal from office is just about split down the middle. I, for one, am sick of the whole thing. it's pretty apparent that Rump is guilty as sin. But I don't want him removed from office. That's a terrible precedence. But I would settle for the Senate to not remove him from office but issue a censer on him instead. (Yah, trolls, I know I mispelled censure, get over it),

I think, in the end, the Republican Senators are going to have to make a choice. Either Rump is censured or they find him totally without fault and end a bunch of their careers. The Public won't forget by November and more than half of all voters will vote another way. I think the Republicans need to play the whole game and put the Republican National Convention back on the playing field like it should be in the first place. Doing a fast research, I can't find anytime in history that the Republican National Convention was suspended.

Everyone has an opinion.

Criminal trials are. But impeachment is a political process. High crimes and misdemeanors don't actually have to include rule breakin..but in Trump's case there is plenty of evidence of that. In this country, if you are a political figure (or any figure for that matter), you can lose your job for just the appearance of impropriety.

So far, Democrats have presented a case that given a standard defense in a controlled environment, would result in a conviction....but...again, impeachment is a political process...and the President is entitled to a defense..which I am so looking forward to seeing. Got lots of popcorn. I don't know why they chose a Saturday to begin but I'll be watching. I knew what Democrats were going to present. Wasn't really worth tuning in. But Team Trump???..I"m all ears.

Most people have made up their minds one way or another. This display is for the small percentage of independent voters in the swing states who will decide the election in November.
That's total fucking bullshit. The Dims have presented no evidence that any crime has been committed. That's because there is no evidence.

Everyone has an opinion.

Not this one. If that were the case, the facts would be allowed. Rump has already bragged he has all the facts but won't release them. Just what does it take to really piss off the Republican Senators anyway? And now they get a direct threat. They have enough to come to a conclusion that Rump overstepped his boundries. Just Censure him and close the hearing. Move the F((( on. And then prepare a decent Candidate for November while there is still time.
So far, President Trump has done an outstanding job on all the issues, so there is no better candidate for the Republicans to run, but the Democrats clearly don't like any of their choices and Biden, Sanders and Warren lead the pack only because they have the most name recognition, in that order, not because any of the Democrats know or care about their policies or demonstrated competence.

On what issues?..reducing the deficit?, better healthcare at such a good price?, a beautiful wall that Mexico will pay for?, and a myriad of others that President Bloviator has whiffed on? This is what Republicans have become and this is why they are all in on Trump. To speak out against him is to commit political seppuku. Moscow Mitch knows that the demographics are slowly shifting away from his party. Hence the stacking of the courts with "conservative" judges in a desperate attempt to hang on to power.

Democrats are all about policy. Republicans are all about fear and hatred...which is reflected in their policy.
That was very funny. The Democrats have no idea what the policies of their candidates are or were in 2016. Republicans know exactly what President Trump's policies are and applaud his efforts and accomplishments in carrying them out.

Everyone has an opinion.

It takes a two thirds majority to convict, and the Democrats have only 47 seats int the Senate and would need 20 Republicans to vote with them to remove the President, so this is not a real trial but only a political stunt.

But it's one that is needed to be done. What is not being done is the Senate doing IT'S job. Right now, it's pretty clear that the Senate is totally controlled by the Executive Branch and that rubs me the wrong way. If you are a constutionalist then it should you as well.
Nonsense. members of Congress always support a president of their own party. In this case, the Republicans in the Senate are doing their job; the articles of impeachment are without merit and it remains to be seen the Democrats in the Senate will do their job and vote against this hoax or bow and scrape to the party and vote for it.

If they are blindly supporting the President of their Party no matter what then they are in violation of their oath of office and should resign. They owe their alligence to America not their political party.
The aren't supporting him blindly. They are supporting him with their eyes wide open.

Everyone has an opinion.

Criminal trials are. But impeachment is a political process. High crimes and misdemeanors don't actually have to include rule breakin..but in Trump's case there is plenty of evidence of that. In this country, if you are a political figure (or any figure for that matter), you can lose your job for just the appearance of impropriety.

So far, Democrats have presented a case that given a standard defense in a controlled environment, would result in a conviction....but...again, impeachment is a political process...and the President is entitled to a defense..which I am so looking forward to seeing. Got lots of popcorn. I don't know why they chose a Saturday to begin but I'll be watching. I knew what Democrats were going to present. Wasn't really worth tuning in. But Team Trump???..I"m all ears.

Most people have made up their minds one way or another. This display is for the small percentage of independent voters in the swing states who will decide the election in November.
That's total fucking bullshit. The Dims have presented no evidence that any crime has been committed. That's because there is no evidence.

It's not about criminal actions. It's about politics. It's about doing what is best for America versus doing what is best for one Man.

Everyone has an opinion.

If they are blindly supporting the President of their Party no matter what then they are in violation of their oath of office and should resign. They owe their alligence to America not their political party.
The aren't supporting him blindly. They are supporting him with their eyes wide open.

They are supporting him in fear of their own careers. What they don't understand, Rump ended having that power in 2018. But he's so persuasive that he has them thinking he does. Rump will probably not be impeached although is reelection won't be a cakewalk anymore. But there is going to be quite a bit of backwash on the Republican Senators coming up on reelection in 2020. It has stopped being a sure thing no matter how you paint it.

Everyone has an opinion.

So you are arguing all the Democrats should resigned when Obama was president.

This is just so wrong. No president should be threatening a senator. The sad thing is that trump does and the republican senators cower in fear.

CBS, a "clean news agency?" What's that, a euphemism for "fake news?"

They are supporting him in fear of their own careers. What they don't understand, Rump ended having that power in 2018. But he's so persuasive that he has them thinking he does. Rump will probably not be impeached although is reelection won't be a cakewalk anymore. But there is going to be quite a bit of backwash on the Republican Senators coming up on reelection in 2020. It has stopped being a sure thing no matter how you paint it.
Sorry turd, but his chances are better because of this phone impeachment.

Everyone has an opinion.

It's not about criminal actions. It's about politics. It's about doing what is best for America versus doing what is best for one Man.
Thanks for admitting the Dims have no evidence.

Why because they report news that Rump doesn't want to hear or is against his own narrative? Foxnews is now fakenews as well, right?

Everyone has an opinion.

That was very funny. The Democrats have no idea what the policies of their candidates are or were in 2016. Republicans know exactly what President Trump's policies are and applaud his efforts and accomplishments in carrying them out.

Which is to say...he has no accomplishments...only what the worst of the worst he has advising him are able to whisper into his soft, pliable, malleable ear. All the Democratic candidates with the exception of Biden (who's running on "I'm the only one who can beat Trump") have articulated their policy positions. You may not like or agree with them, but they are out there.

2016 was an anomaly. An unpopular candidate that didn't go all in until the end, a younger voter block (including voters of color) that stayed home, a foreign government's social media disruption influence, and a last minute assist from our own FBI director. All coming together to give us Trump....and still, he won the electoral count by less than 1% (3 states, 77,000 votes..46 electoral votes in the swing).

While the math is still the same this year, the variables are different. Won't be the same easy path..no matter how much money he raises..or how well the economy is doing.

Everyone has an opinion.

They have enough to show that Rump was more interested in his own self interest than the interests of the Nation through is actions. And then did a coverup to hide those actions. That that is Points 1 and 2.

Everyone has an opinion.

Quite true.

To get a sense of what the Russia-collusion theory did to the Washington mainstream, consider the case of Bug-eyed Schiff, the current Democratic chairman of the House Intelligence Committee. Bug-eyed Schiff was seen as a fairly moderate Democrat until 2017. As the committee’s ranking minority member, he had worked cooperatively with Nunes on the committee on a number of issues—from legislation on the authorization for the War on Terror to oversight of the National Security Agency process for unmasking U.S. citizens caught up in wiretaps of overseas targets.

After Trump was elected, Bug-eyed Schiff turned into a cyber-age Joe McCarthy. The latest example came in November, in a report to Congress on impeachment, when he published phone logs of journalist John Solomon and Nunes himself. He obtained those records through subpoenas of shady Ukrainian Americans and the president’s lawyer, Rudolph Giuliani. That was an extraordinary breach of a journalist’s privacy, not to mention decorum. The fact that most journalists didn’t rush to Solomon’s defense—because they disliked the pro-Trump thrust of Solomon’s work—was a sign of how deeply the Resistance mindset had penetrated the mainstream.

Back in 2017, Bug-eyed Schiff also hyped Steele’s allegations. At a hearing on March 20 of that year, he repeated most of the ex-spy’s allegations in his opening statement. He asked openly whether Page, Flynn, Roger Stone, and others in Trump’s orbit were all part of an elaborate quid pro quo to relax sanctions against Russia in exchange for assistance during the 2016 election. Bug-eyed Schiff was careful to say he did not yet know these things to be true—which made raising the question a perfect example of irresponsible innuendo. But because Bug-eyed Schiff was the ranking Democrat on the intelligence committee, his innuendo appeared to be informed by state secrets. Over time, Bug-eyed Schiff repeated these charges—particularly against Page—and he has never apologized for issuing them. Indeed, after Mueller’s report found no evidence of this conspiracy, Bug-eyed Schiff then suggested that Mueller had never delved into the counterintelligence dimensions of the Trump-Russia investigation. Like all conspiracy theorists, Bug-eyed Schiff was suggesting that the failure to find a conspiracy was proof that the investigation must go on.

When Bug-eyed Schiff was not working as a prosecutor of the Trump campaign, he was serving as the Corrump FBI’s defense counsel. In early 2018, Nunes pressed the Justice Department to declassify a Republican memo that first flagged the FISA abuse that Horowitz’s report detailed in December 2019. In response, Bug-eyed Schiff and his staff prepared their own memo. It said Corrupt FBI officials would have been “remiss in their duty to protect the country had they not sought a FISA warrant and repeated renewals to conduct temporary surveillance of Carter Page.”

After the Horowitz report’s release, Bug-eye Schiff has said that he was unaware of much of the information contained in it. The Corrupt FBI and Justice Department leadership also objected to the Nunes memo in 2018, saying it painted an inaccurate picture of the investigation. But Bug-eyed Schiff’s job on the Intelligence Committee was and is to perform oversight of those institutions. Instead, he went along with a cover-up, even as the chairman of the committee at the time was uncovering abuse that Horowitz would confirm in greater and more alarming detail.

The March 20, 2017, hearing was also notable because Comey confirmed publicly for the first time that the Corrupt FBI was investigating “the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts.”

Comey said that he was breaking with precedent again in announcing the existence of an ongoing counterintelligence investigation. This made it appear that the bureau was gathering more evidence to support and go beyond the Steele dossier. The reality was the opposite. FBI agents had already accumulated significant evidence by March 20 that Steele’s reporting should not have been trusted. And while it’s unclear whether Comey knew it at the time, he did know that the CIA’s top analyst considered Steele’s dossier to be “Internet rumor.”

And yet when he was asked at the hearing about Steele’s report, Comey said, “I’m not going to comment on that.” In this respect, the Corrupt FBI was not just gaming the surveillance court. It was also gaming the public.

Comey’s testimony sealed his fate with Trump. Privately, Comey had assured the president that he was not a target of the investigation. Publicly, he was creating the impression that Trump was such a target by confirming that his campaign was being probed. So it’s not surprising that Trump would fire Comey a few weeks later.

McCabe made Trump himself a formal suspect in the FBI’s Russia investigation. Rosenstein, who became the lead Justice Department figure in all matters involving Trump and Russia due to Attorney General Jeff Sessions’s decision to recuse himself, considered wearing a wire to secretly record the president. They discussed whether Trump could be removed through the 25th Amendment, which is supposed to hand power to the vice president if the president is mentally or physically debilitated. Eventually, Rosenstein appointed Mueller to oversee the FBI’s Russia investigation.

Comey and Bug-eyed Schiff both promoting rumor and lies to undercut The Presidency of The United States.

The FBI Scandal - Commentary

Why because they report news that Rump doesn't want to hear or is against his own narrative? Foxnews is now fakenews as well, right?
They report lies, of course.

Everyone has an opinion.

They have enough to show that Rump was more interested in his own self interest than the interests of the Nation through is actions. And then did a coverup to hide those actions. That that is Points 1 and 2.
No they didn't.

Everyone has an opinion.

Quite true.

To get a sense of what the Russia-collusion theory did to the Washington mainstream, consider the case of Bug-eyed Schiff, the current Democratic chairman of the House Intelligence Committee. Bug-eyed Schiff was seen as a fairly moderate Democrat until 2017. As the committee’s ranking minority member, he had worked cooperatively with Nunes on the committee on a number of issues—from legislation on the authorization for the War on Terror to oversight of the National Security Agency process for unmasking U.S. citizens caught up in wiretaps of overseas targets.

After Trump was elected, Bug-eyed Schiff turned into a cyber-age Joe McCarthy. The latest example came in November, in a report to Congress on impeachment, when he published phone logs of journalist John Solomon and Nunes himself. He obtained those records through subpoenas of shady Ukrainian Americans and the president’s lawyer, Rudolph Giuliani. That was an extraordinary breach of a journalist’s privacy, not to mention decorum. The fact that most journalists didn’t rush to Solomon’s defense—because they disliked the pro-Trump thrust of Solomon’s work—was a sign of how deeply the Resistance mindset had penetrated the mainstream.

Back in 2017, Bug-eyed Schiff also hyped Steele’s allegations. At a hearing on March 20 of that year, he repeated most of the ex-spy’s allegations in his opening statement. He asked openly whether Page, Flynn, Roger Stone, and others in Trump’s orbit were all part of an elaborate quid pro quo to relax sanctions against Russia in exchange for assistance during the 2016 election. Bug-eyed Schiff was careful to say he did not yet know these things to be true—which made raising the question a perfect example of irresponsible innuendo. But because Bug-eyed Schiff was the ranking Democrat on the intelligence committee, his innuendo appeared to be informed by state secrets. Over time, Bug-eyed Schiff repeated these charges—particularly against Page—and he has never apologized for issuing them. Indeed, after Mueller’s report found no evidence of this conspiracy, Bug-eyed Schiff then suggested that Mueller had never delved into the counterintelligence dimensions of the Trump-Russia investigation. Like all conspiracy theorists, Bug-eyed Schiff was suggesting that the failure to find a conspiracy was proof that the investigation must go on.

When Bug-eyed Schiff was not working as a prosecutor of the Trump campaign, he was serving as the Corrump FBI’s defense counsel. In early 2018, Nunes pressed the Justice Department to declassify a Republican memo that first flagged the FISA abuse that Horowitz’s report detailed in December 2019. In response, Bug-eyed Schiff and his staff prepared their own memo. It said Corrupt FBI officials would have been “remiss in their duty to protect the country had they not sought a FISA warrant and repeated renewals to conduct temporary surveillance of Carter Page.”

After the Horowitz report’s release, Bug-eye Schiff has said that he was unaware of much of the information contained in it. The Corrupt FBI and Justice Department leadership also objected to the Nunes memo in 2018, saying it painted an inaccurate picture of the investigation. But Bug-eyed Schiff’s job on the Intelligence Committee was and is to perform oversight of those institutions. Instead, he went along with a cover-up, even as the chairman of the committee at the time was uncovering abuse that Horowitz would confirm in greater and more alarming detail.

The March 20, 2017, hearing was also notable because Comey confirmed publicly for the first time that the Corrupt FBI was investigating “the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts.”

Comey said that he was breaking with precedent again in announcing the existence of an ongoing counterintelligence investigation. This made it appear that the bureau was gathering more evidence to support and go beyond the Steele dossier. The reality was the opposite. FBI agents had already accumulated significant evidence by March 20 that Steele’s reporting should not have been trusted. And while it’s unclear whether Comey knew it at the time, he did know that the CIA’s top analyst considered Steele’s dossier to be “Internet rumor.”

And yet when he was asked at the hearing about Steele’s report, Comey said, “I’m not going to comment on that.” In this respect, the Corrupt FBI was not just gaming the surveillance court. It was also gaming the public.

Comey’s testimony sealed his fate with Trump. Privately, Comey had assured the president that he was not a target of the investigation. Publicly, he was creating the impression that Trump was such a target by confirming that his campaign was being probed. So it’s not surprising that Trump would fire Comey a few weeks later.

McCabe made Trump himself a formal suspect in the FBI’s Russia investigation. Rosenstein, who became the lead Justice Department figure in all matters involving Trump and Russia due to Attorney General Jeff Sessions’s decision to recuse himself, considered wearing a wire to secretly record the president. They discussed whether Trump could be removed through the 25th Amendment, which is supposed to hand power to the vice president if the president is mentally or physically debilitated. Eventually, Rosenstein appointed Mueller to oversee the FBI’s Russia investigation.

Comey and Bug-eyed Schiff both promoting rumor and lies to undercut The Presidency of The United States.

The FBI Scandal - Commentary

Huge difference. The Commie Hunters from the 50s had ZERO evidence. And in the end, the other Senators finally stopped drinking the koolaid.

As for the Russain Influence, there is enough there to come to the conclusions that Russia was very, very active. And still is. I see that influence in some of the things you say that are clearly GRU originated. And I see it even influnce the Democratic Nomination Process.

No they didn't.

Those two things are a given. Now, the only question is, are they enough for removal from office? You can stop lying about it anytime and face that fact. Or should we allow him to get off scott free so that even Democratic Presidents can do anything they damned well please.

Forum List

Back