GOP senators push for term limits

Well, we all know YOU are just based onthe drivel that you post. Let's pass a Constituional Amendment that requires every voter MUCH pass a minimum eqivalency test on the issues at hand prior to being able to vote. That should do it!

And there you have it, the left attempting to deny the vote to whom ever they can. By the way dumb ass I guess you missed the Supreme Court rulings on Competency tests at the start of the Civil Rights movement? They are anything but. Their purpose is to deny the vote to what ever group or groups are currently out of favor with the Democratic party. And here you are advocating for them.

Once again for the terminally stupid, Term limits accomplish one thing, denying the people the right to vote for whom they want to represent them, a bed rock of the very Government we have. The House of Representatives are supposed to be the people's voice. Members elected BY the people to Represent them. Term limits are for the lazy and the stupid. You see unlike you, I VOTE for the person I want to represent me, they just so far ( except for a sheriff) have all been Republicans. Ohh and last year I voted for the Democrat that ran for the House Seat in my district. I would have voted for Hillary also but I sure as hell wasn't gonna vote for Obama.

Duh?! Why do you think I support minimum equivalency testing prior to being able to vote? Should people who REALLY believe the government wants to set up "death panels" or that the 9/11 attacks were an insides job pulled off by our government be allowed to vote for the people in said government? I think not.

In other words anyone that disagrees with you should be denied the right to vote. Keep on admitting to your arrogance and desire to limit voting to a select "few" that you get to pick.

GOP senators push for term limits - CNN.com

"Americans know real change in Washington will never happen until we end the era of permanent politicians," DeMint said in a statement released by his office. "As long as members have the chance to spend their lives in Washington, their interests will always skew toward spending taxpayer dollars to buyoff special interests, covering over corruption in the bureaucracy, fundraising, relationship building among lobbyists, and trading favors for pork -- in short, amassing their own power."

Wow....a GOP candidate I could possibly vote for....:clap2:

Ok well never re-elect anyone but Demint, if he is going to try and push this I say re-elect him :).

Great Idea IMO.

So the party that is out of power wants to limit the terms of the party that is in power. Why didn't Demint push term limits while republicans were calling the shots?

"Americans know real change in Washington will never happen until we end the era of permanent politicians," DeMint said in a statement released by his office. "As long as members have the chance to spend their lives in Washington, their interests will always skew toward spending taxpayer dollars to buyoff special interests, covering over corruption in the bureaucracy, fundraising, relationship building among lobbyists, and trading favors for pork -- in short, amassing their own power."

Yeah, they push for it now...

We already have term limits. They are called elections.

Not according to the dipshits in this thread. One of which wants to DENY people the right to vote, especially if they disagree with him.

Not according to the dipshits in this thread. One of which wants to DENY people the right to vote, especially if they disagree with him.

All this is moot anyway

It will take a Constitutional amendment to pass term limits. With our fractured political system we can't even agree on the weather

Forum List

Back