GOP Senator: White House Encroaching on First Amendment

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CrimsonWhite, Aug 5, 2009.

1. CrimsonWhite

CrimsonWhite *****istrator Emeritus Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    Deliver us from 1984.

2. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568
    No kiddin, it's an encroachment on the 1st amendment. I wonder what all those flaming liberals have to say about this, they usually take up the cause when it comes to stuff like this. I will bet they will either be silent or defend it to the hilt, because it's their guy doin it.

3. Political Junky

Political Junky Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,534
    Interesting, that the GOP suddenly developed a concern for citizens' privacy.

4. Oscar Wao

Oscar Wao Victory is Mine

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    They think it's going to put the fire out.

How wrong they are...

It's only going to make the fire spread...

5. CrimsonWhite

CrimsonWhite *****istrator Emeritus Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    I'm more concerned for the possible stifling of free speech.

6. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our safety and our ideals. Our Founding Fathers, faced with perils we can scarcely imagine, drafted a charter to assure the rule of law and the rights of man, a charter expanded by the blood of generations. Those ideals still light the world, and we will not give them up for expedience's sake. And so to all other peoples and governments who are watching today, from the grandest capitals to the small village where my father was born: know that America is a friend of each nation and every man, woman, and child who seeks a future of peace and dignity, and we are ready to lead once more. Barack Obama

Those words seem to have a hollow ring to them when you compare it to someone so willing to violate the 1st Amendment rights of others if they don't happen to agree with him.

As a civil rights attorney and professor of constitutional law, Obama has a keen understanding and deep appreciation of our nation’s core values and guiding principles. Obama will be a fierce defender of the fundamental American values of freedom and equality under law.
    Source: Campaign website, ObamaForIllinois.com, ?On The Issues? May 2, 2004

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ53s_Zyr04&mode=related&search=]YouTube - CNN - bush Violated 1st & 4th Amendments, Oath, & Lied[/ame]

What I want to know is where is all the righteous anger over the same violations that Bush was accused of daily for such things. This tactic is right out the Saul Alinsky playbook and needs to stop right away and is a large over reach of authority on the part of the president and if this were Bush , or any other Republican he would be BBQ'd in the media for this sort of thing. So it's time that people held their leaders to the same standards and it's time this President realized that he is the president of every American and not just the persident of those that voted for him.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1