GOP senator predicts troop decrease in fall

SNAP!

boy.. you just walked right into that one, didnt you gynosarge?

bitchslap.jpg

Well using YOUR logic I guess we should dig up FDR and hang him from the nearest tree, he allied us with Stalin, he supplied TONS of equipment, money and resources to the Soviet Union.

having a 20 watt day instead of a 50 watt day?

im sure that there are no muslims out in the world who can see you dancing and weaving with lame ass rebuttals like that.

funny how all of a sudden your hardline stance becomes mud the instant you need to rationalize American strategy....

again, im sure there are no muslims in the world laughing at such obvious hypocritical bullshit.

tell me again how we invaded, conquered, and occupied the Soviet Union for the purpose of deposing our former buddy, Stalin.

Tell me again how us providing intel to someone fighting an enemy is worse than us supporting for 4 years the Soviet Union, allowing said Soviet Union to conquer and build an Iron Curtain around nearly half of Europe.

Tell me again how us providing intel to someone fighting an enemy is worse than us supporting for 4 years the Soviet Union, allowing said Soviet Union to conquer and build an Iron Curtain around nearly half of Europe.

are you really suggesting that over the years of his tyrannical reign, the only thing America provided Saddam was intelligence about Iran?

are you really suggesting that over the years of his tyrannical reign, the only thing America provided Saddam was intelligence about Iran?

Are you going to pull out the bullshit list of supposed items we sold him? You are aware that his military was supplied by France, Europe and Russia? You are aware that France built him a Nuclear reactor? You are aware that Germany sold him the equipment to mass produce chemical and biological weapons and that Europe provided the base stocks for that production?

Your going to claim that our minor help of Saddam Hussein THAT ENDED as soon as he invaded Kuwait, is worse than our years of total military support of Stalin?

Shall I post pictures of FDR with Stalin?

Are you going to pull out the bullshit list of supposed items we sold him? You are aware that his military was supplied by France, Europe and Russia? You are aware that France built him a Nuclear reactor? You are aware that Germany sold him the equipment to mass produce chemical and biological weapons and that Europe provided the base stocks for that production?

Your going to claim that our minor help of Saddam Hussein THAT ENDED as soon as he invaded Kuwait, is worse than our years of total military support of Stalin?

HAHA!

yes... propping him up in order to attack Iran is just a weee lil MINOR support...

say, maybe you and ole Oliver North can chuckle about such lame transparent bullshit but....

I only asked you if you were suggesting that the only thing we provided him was intelligence....cuz that is sure what it sounded like when you said, "Tell me again how us providing intel to someone fighting an enemy is worse..."

Hmmm...I guess the iran Iraq war was a hobby nad the invasion of Kuwait was "summer vacation". How could anyone think ill of Saddam with his history of peaceful coexistence?

Again, he was no threat to anyone outside of his own borders. Try again.

And that concludes another episode of "Really Bad Analogies". Both Saddam and "Uncle Joe" were murderous tyrants, and that's where the similarity ends.

Countries make allies and make deals, plain and simply. the attempt to somehow blame US for Saddam Husseins murderous actions is idiotic. From now on how about I post a picture of FDR and Stalin everytime one of you lunatics post a picture of a minor US official shaking Saddam's hand while we were not fighting him?

If you want to make a point, bray about the idiot Ambassador that told him we didn't care if he invaded Kuwait.

MINOR US OFFICIAL

or

the greatest sec. of defense in the history of the US???

:lol:

shouldnt you be in that other thread rationalizing kurdish terrorism?

No, gunny... I blame him for entering Iraq in the first place.

I blame all of us for not being more insistent that they follow the constitution and only fully involve us in war when it is declared. I was pissed back then that we were going to have another undeclared war because they always end up being like this, the whole "War Powers Act" is an end-run around the Constitutional protection of Declaration. If we can't get 2/3 of the Senate to vote to Declare we shouldn't fully involve the US in war. Neither party is talking about this, nobody is going to do anything about it, and we will again sometime do this all again because we fail to learn from our mistakes.

Not so long ago we were promised we would never have another war run by the politicians, yet here we are again in just another such war.

tell me again how we invaded, conquered, and occupied the Soviet Union for the purpose of deposing our former buddy, Stalin.

Should we have? We were exhausted from the war, not to mention dealing with the Marshall Plan which Stalin turned down. Should we have pushed then? If so, what would have been accomplished? Avoided?

Case could be made.

I blame all of us for not being more insistent that they follow the constitution and only fully involve us in war when it is declared. I was pissed back then that we were going to have another undeclared war because they always end up being like this, the whole "War Powers Act" is an end-run around the Constitutional protection of Declaration. If we can't get 2/3 of the Senate to vote to Declare we shouldn't fully involve the US in war. Neither party is talking about this, nobody is going to do anything about it, and we will again sometime do this all again because we fail to learn from our mistakes.

Not so long ago we were promised we would never have another war run by the politicians, yet here we are again in just another such war.

Amen! from your mouth to buddah's ears! ;)

care

History tells us that we were very close to doing just that, however the powers that be thought that we were not ready to prolong the war for quite so long as that and that we needed to devote more to the Manhattan Project so the VJ day could come sooner.

Forum List

Back