GOP senator calls ‘bulls—‘ on Schumer over CIA confirmation

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Schumer and Pelosi, fitting leaders of the "new" Democratic Party.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/24/gop-senator-calls-bulls-on-schumer-over-cia-confirmation/

Sen. Chuck Schumer got an earful from a first term senator, who charged him with reneging on a promise to hold a vote for the CIA director nominee by Inauguration Day.

“This is bulls—,” a furious Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) told the top Democrat in the Senate in an encounter on the Senate floor Friday night, according to the Weekly Standard.

“We need to take this out into the hallway,” Schumer responded, urging his colleague to clam down.

“Don’t tell me to lower my voice!” Cotton yelled back.

The scuffle came when Republicans believed they had struck a deal with Schumer, in which they agreed to delay the vote on the CIA director until Inauguration Day in exchange for holding three confirmation votes that day to fill national security positions in President Trump’s cabinet.

“I said that I would not block him,” Schumer told Cotton.

“I never said that I could speak for 47 other Democrats,” he added, suggesting the vote on Mike Pompeo would have to wait until Monday — three days after the Inauguration.

When Schumer complained that Republicans hadn’t been so courteous to President Obama at the start of his presidency, Cotton replied, “Eight years ago, I was getting my ass shot at in Afghanistan.”

Cotton could always hold his breath till he turns blue. That might work. It wouldn't be as childish as what he is already doing.

Cotton could always hold his breath till he turns blue. That might work. It wouldn't be as childish as what he is already doing.
Cotton was an airborne ranger with 2 combat tours. He doesn't need to kowtow to a draft dodger.

Who asked him to kowtow? He was the one pitching a tantrum because he was expecting something that wasn't promised.

Dems have no power now. Ignore them.

Sure. Ignore them all. It's not like they are going to do everything possible to stop your orange clown. What could go wrong for you?

Stop being racist. Please. It doesn't look good that you guys are so openly racist now. We always knew you were racist when the cameras stopped rolling and the doors closed, but doing it so openly now is really disturbing.

Sure. Ignore them all. It's not like they are going to do everything possible to stop your orange clown. What could go wrong for you?

Stop being racist. Please. It doesn't look good that you guys are so openly racist now. We always knew you were racist when the cameras stopped rolling and the doors closed, but doing it so openly now is really disturbing.

Sorry. What was racist about my post? I just encouraged right wingers to continue ignoring the reality of what is really happening.

Sorry. What was racist about my post? I just encouraged right wingers to continue ignoring the reality of what is really happening.

Stop racism now!!!!

Stop racism now!!!!

OK.......???

Stop racism now!!!!

OK.......???
RACIST!!!!! You described someone by their skin color and then disparaged them. RACIST!!!! How do you sleep at night?

Stop racism now!!!!

OK.......???
RACIST!!!!! You described someone by their skin color and then disparaged them. RACIST!!!! How do you sleep at night?

You're funnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyy.

Stop racism now!!!!

OK.......???

You're funnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyy.

You aren't. You aren't a lot of things.

Forum List

Back