GOP Senator breaks ranks...higher tax on wealthy

Just as many people in all areas of society do the wrong thing to keep a job...

As stated SO many times.. I will vote for a higher tax rate on 'the rich', when everyone else's taxes on every dollar is at the same exact level.. but the funny thing is, I bet THEN you will have people calling for spending cuts and tax cuts... quite different when YOU have a stake in the game and don't just use government to put the screws to someone else

:lol: You really think Tom Coburn needs to worry about keeping his job in bright red Oklahoma, especially since he has no plans of running again?

Coburn reaffirms term-limit pledge, won't run in 2016 - The Hill's Floor Action

It's called critical thinking, Jim. I realize you have trouble with just basic thought processes because you are not well educated, but practice makes perfect, so who knows. There may still be hope for you.

:lol: You really think Tom Coburn needs to worry about keeping his job in bright red Oklahoma, especially since he has no plans of running again?

It's called critical thinking, Jim. I realize you have trouble with just basic thought processes because you are not well educated, but practice makes perfect, so who knows. There may still be hope for you.

Let it go man! You win some and you lose some...or in the case of the GOP. You will lose LOTS in the future. Dogma is a dying virtue for the old white man's party.

As stated SO many times.. I will vote for a higher tax rate on 'the rich', when everyone else's taxes on every dollar is at the same exact level.. but the funny thing is, I bet THEN you will have people calling for spending cuts and tax cuts... quite different when YOU have a stake in the game and don't just use government to put the screws to someone else
Everyone's taxes (income anyway, er, payroll)is the exact same. Everyone pays the same amount on the first 10,000 they earn, the first 20,000, the first 2 billion....

The unfairness comes in by having different tax rates for different types of income.

Let it go man! You win some and you lose some...or in the case of the GOP. You will lose LOTS in the future. Dogma is a dying virtue for the old white man's party.

Let what go? I'm not GOP and you're just throwing out a red herring because I exposed your ignorance. I can't help it if I'm more intelligent and diverse in thought and objectivity than you are. That's a problem you need to fix with yourself, though I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.

I will vote for equal taxes when the rich stop squeezing the working man and the consumer of the ability to earn a decent wage and to buy products at a decent price.

Everyone's taxes (income anyway, er, payroll)is the exact same. Everyone pays the same amount on the first 10,000 they earn, the first 20,000, the first 2 billion....

No they don't.

The unfairness comes in by having different tax rates for different types of income.

What isn't fair is the lowest common denominator like yourself enabling the government to distort it's role of protecting people's freedom and liberty and instead oppress them by confiscating their property through force and handing it out to others who did nothing to earn it.

No they don't.

Yes they do but you are welcome to prove otherwise. I deleted the rest of your post because it was hysterical nonsense.

Nah, no it wasn't. It just rings true and thus you don't want to hear it. Truth is the liberal's kryptonite.

No they don't.

Yes they do but you are welcome to prove otherwise.

No problem, they're called deductions, stupid. Everyone has a different number of deductions based on how many are in their family, for example. There are child tax credits, mortgage credits, first time home buyer credits, itemized deductions, thousands and thousand of pages in the tax code to manipulate the rate you pay and even the amount of withholding that comes out of your paycheck right from the beginning regardless of the stated rate. In fact, unless you're filing a 1040EZ in which there are no deductions, it's very rare to pay the exact same rate as someone else making the same income

I deleted the rest of your post because it was hysterical nonsense.

You deleted it because it's true and you don't want to come to grips with the fact that deep down inside you're a jealous, ugly individual because it would shatter your flawed world view and begin eating at your conscience, I imagine, assuming you even have one.

No they don't.

Yes they do but you are welcome to prove otherwise.

No problem, they're called deductions, stupid. Everyone has a different number of deductions based on how many are in their family, for example. There are child tax credits, mortgage credits, first time home buyer credits, itemized deductions, thousands and thousand of pages in the tax code to manipulate the rate you pay and even the amount of withholding that comes out of your paycheck right from the beginning regardless of the stated rate. In fact, unless you're filing a 1040EZ in which there are no deductions, it's very rare to pay the exact same rate as someone else making the same income

I deleted the rest of your post because it was hysterical nonsense.

You deleted it because it's true and you don't want to come to grips with the fact that deep down inside you're a jealous, ugly individual because it would shatter your flawed world view and begin eating at your conscience, I imagine, assuming you even have one.
Deductions don't change the tax rate.

But if you are saying deductions are unfair, yes they are.

What do you imagine I am jealous of?

That is already the case.

Your flat tax ain't happenin' ESPECIALLY not without a set tax exempt floor.

Sorry, dude, you are a significant minority when it comes to tax policy.

Forum List

Back