GOP Senate Candidate: Pregnancy From Rape Similar To 'Having A Baby Out Of Wedlock'

You're either extremely dense or extremely desperate to change the subject.

The man said that getting pregnant by rape is the same as having a baby out of wedlock.

I can't believe that I have to repeat that.

If you're going to post a topic, try to make an effort to UNDERSTAND what the hell the point is.

Maybe a simple "A=B" equation will help you, Bunky.

Getting Pregnant Due To Rape = Having A Baby Out Of Wedlock

Does that make it clear? Crystal?

It is not equal. If A is the set of women who are pregnant due to rape and B is the set of women who are having a baby out of wedlock, then the intersection of those two sets is not empty. However those two sets are not equal.

Psst psst no kidding. Stop with the cute avies. You just kill all of us going "awwwwww" when you post.

You kill my edge. I'm trying to be tough here. You're avies kill me. :D I can't be nasty when I see you.

Not kidding. :lol:

OK, so what is the point here?

Isn't getting pregnant as the result of a rape "having a baby out of wedlock"?

Wow, the left wingnuts are way over-the-top with their utter desperation, and it's still over two months away from the election!

You're either extremely dense or extremely desperate to change the subject.

The man said that getting pregnant by rape is the same as having a baby out of wedlock.

I can't believe that I have to repeat that.

Have you noticed how nice Mitten's hair is?

meth is not good for you tinydancer :( Its prolly not in the Repub party's platform either.

That's funny because I really am from the speed capitol of the universe. Hamilton Ontario.
I learned really early people talk really fast and lose their teeth asap.

It really was never my drug of choice. The effects were horrid. And being from this area the GTA I could take my choice of what I wanted.

Do you really think you are talking to a holy roller here? :D I'm a sinner baby. I had to come to Christ.

It doesn't surprise me to hear a GOPer claim consensual sex is like rape. Just last week, one of them (katsndogs) here told me consensual sex could be the same thing as forcible rape.

I do, however, pity his daughter.

hey....leave her alone...she's a "rocker".

I shouldn't have limited myself to rock. I have a history kid. And I love it.

Kid? gimme a break.

You class yourself as a bluesman do you? Really? Then we will have moments in common.

But you best be able to prove yourself to me. And it's not a challenge. I've just had to deal with too many liars on the net when it comes to music.

I'm a real deal. If you are a blues man I'd like to know you then. Not many brag on that these days.

I shouldn't have limited myself to rock. I have a history kid. And I love it.

Kid? gimme a break.

You class yourself as a bluesman do you? Really? Then we will have moments in common.

But you best be able to prove yourself to me. And it's not a challenge. I've just had to deal with too many liars on the net when it comes to music.

I'm a real deal. If you are a blues man I'd like to know you then. Not many brag on that these days.

I play rhythm guitar and sing about 75% of the lead vocals in an acoustic blues duo....sometimes trio if we can snag our part time harp player. We focus on Piedmont style blues....stuff like Cephas and Wiggins, Paul Geremia, Doc Watson's bluesy stuff, we also throw in some folky stuff from people like Dylan and John Prime. Huge fan of The Band and Levon Helm(rip...Doc too)...incorporate Levon's stuff in there too....end every gig with "The Weight".

I don't play lead very well, so my friend takes care of that. But I do have a very good sense of rhythm and timing and my vocals are pretty good for someone who has had no training or coaching.

We don't gig very often because we all have full time jobs and my job requires me to get up at 4AM and I only get one weekend off per month...so we try for two set gigs during the dinner hours...7-9ish PM.

But we hold the crowd and make establishments money with the gigs we do get.

Senate candidate compares abortion decision facing rape victim with out-of-wedlock pregnancy - The Washington Post

Tom Smith, who is challenging Democratic Sen. Bob Casey, made the remark after being asked how he would argue to keep the baby if a daughter or granddaughter were to become pregnant as a result of rape. Smith said that his daughter went through “something similar” to rape: “Having a baby out of wedlock.”

Speaking to reporters after an appearance at the Pennsylvania Press Club, Smith said he did not condone rape but was categorically opposed to abortion under any circumstances, including rape or incest.

After comparing the decisions raised by rape and out-of-wedlock pregnancy, Smith was asked a follow-up question about whether the two were similar. He replied: “No, no, no, but, well, put yourself in a father’s position. Yes, I mean, it is similar, this isn’t, but I’m back to the original, I’m pro-life — period.”

Not much different than Paul, Eddie Munster, Ryan saying rape is just another "method of conception".

Rapists, line up to pick your baby mama!

Wow, the left wingnuts are way over-the-top with their utter desperation, and it's still over two months away from the election!

I almost NEVER agree with JosefK. He's a dolt.

On the other hand, when he makes a fair point, it's ok to acknowledge it.

Getting knocked up out of wedlock is not even REMOTELY akin to being a rape victim and thereby getting pregnant..

Kid? gimme a break.

I play rhythm guitar and sing about 75% of the lead vocals in an acoustic blues duo....sometimes trio if we can snag our part time harp player. We focus on Piedmont style blues....stuff like Cephas and Wiggins, Paul Geremia, Doc Watson's bluesy stuff, we also throw in some folky stuff from people like Dylan and John Prime. Huge fan of The Band and Levon Helm(rip...Doc too)...incorporate Levon's stuff in there too....end every gig with "The Weight".

I don't play lead very well, so my friend takes care of that. But I do have a very good sense of rhythm and timing and my vocals are pretty good for someone who has had no training or coaching.

We don't gig very often because we all have full time jobs and my job requires me to get up at 4AM and I only get one weekend off per month...so we try for two set gigs during the dinner hours...7-9ish PM.

Ok you interest me. My ex is an acoustic player beyond. My blues world is extensive. Have you ever heard of Downchild? Now they weren't mine but that will give you an idea of the caliber of blues we had up here at one point in time.

Well and the bass player was an ex lover of mine. :D Oh yeah. The band was awesome.

Ok you interest me. My ex is an acoustic player beyond. My blues world is extensive. Have you ever heard of Downchild? Now they weren't mine but that will give you an idea of the caliber of blues we had up here at one point in time.

Well and the bass player was an ex lover of mine. :D Oh yeah. The band was awesome.

No, can't say I have....I'm going to PM you so as not to derail the thread anymore.

No, can't say I have....I'm going to PM you so as not to derail the thread anymore.

Never worry about derailing here. Have you ever met franco?
I'll run with Kenny Wayne and my darling of darlin Stevie Ray man.

I almost NEVER agree with JosefK. He's a dolt.

On the other hand, when he makes a fair point, it's ok to acknowledge it.

Getting knocked up out of wedlock is not even REMOTELY akin to being a rape victim and thereby getting pregnant..

I almost never agree with Liability. He's a hack (and probably a hack lawyer).

On the other hand, he's right that I'm right.

:D

Forum List

Back