GOP seeks austerity

nothing of value can be learned from right wing hacks rewrites of history

when in history has austerity brought an economy back from world wide recession?

What you label so ominously as "austerity", TM...is simply the notion of living within one's means. It isn't some radical concept dreamed up by conservatives...it's what rational beings practice because failure to do so leads to dire financial outcomes.

This really isn't a hard concept to grasp. The same things that work on a small scale with your household budget, hold true with the budget's of nations. Where much of the world has gotten themselves into deep trouble is listening to those who say you can have what ever you want and we'll find someone ELSE to pay for it.

What you're presently witnessing in France and Greece are majorities that now believe that they have a RIGHT to be given things...even though they haven't contributed sufficiently to society to pay for those things. They don't CARE if the country they live in goes belly up trying to do so and THAT is a recipe for disaster.

Watch Europe closely this summer. They are at a tipping point. If Greece reneges on it's agreements with the other EU countries and refuses to rein in their out of control spending then I don't think they're going to get bailed out anymore which means the whole house of cards comes crashing down.

I think that house of cards is gonna crash big time.

The citizens of Europe don't seem to care that their benefits are unfunded. Apparantly they, like the clowns in DC, think money grows on a tree and all one needs to do is pick that tree.

It will be interesting to see how France copes with their entitlements and the lack of money to fund em. Raising taxes on business and the wealthy may very well backfire. Businesses won't hire and the wealthy will go somewhere else.

Should be an intersting Summer in Europe.

The difference is, the Germans work. That was one of the main problems with the request to bail out Greece. The Greeks and French are used to not working. The retirement age in German is 67, two years beyond us. France has a retirement age of 60. In Greece it's 55.

Merkel tells southern Europeans to work longer - The Local

Chancellor Angela Merkel has attacked southern European countries such as Greece, where people retire early and take lots of holidays, saying they can no longer enjoy such lifestyles at the cost of other EU members like Germany.

The official German retirement age is in the process of being raised from 65 to 67 in order to keep more people in work and paying taxes, for longer. German employees are entitled to at least 20 days holiday a year.

“We cannot have a (common) currency and one gets lots of holiday and the other very little. That does not fit together in the long term,” she said.

The current Greek retirement age of mid- to late-50s is to be raised to 65 for men this summer as part of a package of changes to be introduced by the government this year.

How long before TM flees her own thread AGAIN?

I answered you asshole, that article was written by a partisan hacks from the heritage foundation.

If you want to use propaganda dont expect anyone to take you seriously

THAT IS NOT AN ANSWER.

Forget the author and address the fucking contents hack.

In TMs world the earth is flat. After all I am often a partisan and I proclaimed the earth to be round. Therefore the earth must be flat because as a partisan I can never be right.

How long before TM flees her own thread AGAIN?

I answered you asshole, that article was written by a partisan hacks from the heritage foundation.

THAT IS NOT AN ANSWER.

In TMs world the earth is flat. After all I am often a partisan and I proclaimed the earth to be round. Therefore the earth must be flat because as a partisan I can never be right.

NO

You want to summerize the argument in your own words and I will adress it.

Im not wasting time with Heritage foundation Bullshit lies

THAT IS NOT AN ANSWER.

NO

You want to summerize the argument in your own words and I will adress it.

Im not wasting time with Heritage foundation Bullshit lies

NO

I'm not wasting my time on a mindless twit like you. I gave you the facts. It's your choice to ignore them. I'm not surprised

then fuck off.

You see you want me to read and study and then give counter point to something you cant read yourself and dont understand.

Any person who really believed what their link said would be able to do what I requested of you.

You cant even understand the article well enough to summerize it.

then fuck off.

You see you want me to read and study and then give counter point to something you cant read yourself and dont understand.

Any person who really believed what their link said would be able to do what I requested of you.

It's two fucking paragraphs. Can you not read and comprehend two damn paragraphs? You need someone to decipher two paragraphs for you?

You've been staunchly proven wrong. Toying with you has been fun but its dull now.
You are the weakest link.....GOODBYE

then fuck off.

It's two fucking paragraphs. Can you not read and comprehend two damn paragraphs? You need someone to decipher two paragraphs for you?

You've been staunchly proven wrong. Toying with you has been fun but its dull now.

If its so easy than you bring the argument in your own words you fucking idiot.

If ist SO damning like you claim you woudl jump at the chance.

You dont even understand what they are claiming enough to do that.

Welfare - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Germany

Main article: Hartz_concept#Hartz_IV

The Welfare state has a long tradition in Germany dating back to the industrial revolution. Due to the pressure of the workers' movement in the late 19th century, Reichskanzler Otto von Bismarck introduced the first rudimentary state social insurance scheme. Today, the social protection of all its citizens is considered a central pillar of German national policy. 27.6 percent of Germany's GDP is channeled into an all-embracing system of health, pension, accident, longterm care and unemployment insurance, compared to 16.2 percent in the US. In addition, there are tax-financed services such as child benefits (Kindergeld, beginning at €184 per month for the first and second children, €190 for the third and €215 for each child thereafter, until they attain 25 years or receive their first professional qualification),[12] and basic provisions for those unable to work or anyone with an income below the poverty line.[13]

Since 2005, reception of full unemployment pay (60-67% of the previous net salary) has been restricted to 12 months in general and 18 months for those over 55. This is now followed by (usually much lower) Arbeitslosengeld II (ALG II) or Sozialhilfe, which is independent of previous employment (Hartz IV concept).

Under ALG II, a single person receives €379 per month plus the cost of 'adequate' housing and health insurance. ALG II can also be paid partially to supplement a low work income.

You claim its working for germany so lets do it OK?

Lets remember you people are claiming Germany is a success in this example

then fuck off.

You don't understand, Grampa. She wants you to "summerize" it for you...
Verb 1. summerize - prepare for summer; "summerize your car"; "summerize a house"

summerize - definition of summerize by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Make sure you get plenty of sun block, and a nice beach towel for it. :lol:

Forum List

Back