GOP routed by Reality

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
Carville: GOP routed by reality - CNN.com

After the midterm elections in 2010, we were mocked viciously. Our thesis was laughable, Republicans hooted, ignoring the book's careful caveat that midterm election turnout differs substantially from that of presidential elections.

We would like to direct these critics to the Epistle of Jude, 1:10: "Yet these men speak abusively against whatever they do not understand; and what things they do understand by instinct, like unreasoning animals—these are the very things that destroy them."

Tuesday night proved our 2009 selves could not have been more right. "Mid-20th century, white men made up half of the electorate," we wrote in 2009. "In 2008, white men made up only 36% of the electorate ... and their vote share is dropping by a percentage point a year."

I think many Republicans are getting the message. For their sake, I hope they are.

Nothing has changed. We have the same death spiral suck that we had last year, that we will have a year from now.

groundhog_day.jpg

After the midterm elections in 2010, we were mocked viciously. Our thesis was laughable, Republicans hooted, ignoring the book's careful caveat that midterm election turnout differs substantially from that of presidential elections.

We would like to direct these critics to the Epistle of Jude, 1:10: "Yet these men speak abusively against whatever they do not understand; and what things they do understand by instinct, like unreasoning animals—these are the very things that destroy them."

Tuesday night proved our 2009 selves could not have been more right. "Mid-20th century, white men made up half of the electorate," we wrote in 2009. "In 2008, white men made up only 36% of the electorate ... and their vote share is dropping by a percentage point a year."

I think many Republicans are getting the message.
For their sake, I hope they are.

Ha! The same guy you are quoting said this a few years ago: "It's the economy, stupid."

:rofl:

Note my siggie???

Nothing has changed. We have the same death spiral suck that we had last year, that we will have a year from now.

groundhog_day.jpg

The reality is frightening for those who have felt confident that white men will always rule the day. They cannot be arrogant and overconfident from this point on. If the voices from the Tea Party which advocate more of the same are heeded, then yes, the GOP will suffer loss after loss until a third party overtakes them. It is reality.

LOL. Well, we have Republicans that are looking hard at the votes this year, and recommending major policy changes. And we have Republicans like Krauthammer that simply deny reality, and state the whole election was smoke and mirrors. Who wins the arguement within the GOP will determine whether the GOP is a viable party in 2014 and 2016.

And it was the economy, stupid. Most of us out here on the factory floor realize things are rough economically. And we know damned well who has caused these rought times. And it is not our present President. The elections just demonstrated that.

groundhog_day.jpg

LOL. Much has changed. End of 2008 and beginning of 2009, our economy was headed for the Second Great Republican Depression. Today, we are in a slow, but steady, recovery. Not as fast as we would like, but much better than what 8 years of the GOP left us.

I think many Republicans are getting the message.
For their sake, I hope they are.

Ha! The same guy you are quoting said this a few years ago: "It's the economy, stupid."

:rofl:

Note my siggie???

The Reality is...now try to read this slowly and comprehend. The GOP may win locally. hey may win contests when there are is a limited electorate. That would be House and Governor races.

But when there are national candidates on the ballet that will influence state seats, such as the Senate, the GOP will lose. The national Demographics are changing so quiclkly that, unless the GOP changes its stances drastically, they will lose all the national races.

So, they will be relegated to having control of Governorships and the House from the point on. They can see the light and change or they can take the advice of the Tea Party who says that Romney lost because he was not conservative enough. The latter choice could lead to the extinction of the Grand Old Party...think about it for a moment.

I thought it was hilarious when Republicans talked about jobs and "cutting education" in the same sentence. What do they think they are qualified for?

LOL. Well, we have Republicans that are looking hard at the votes this year, and recommending major policy changes. And we have Republicans like Krauthammer that simply deny reality, and state the whole election was smoke and mirrors. Who wins the arguement within the GOP will determine whether the GOP is a viable party in 2014 and 2016.

Rocks, it could be much more serious that those four years. The decision made today could determine whether the GOP survives. If the dogmatic, far right faction wins...nothing will change and the GOP will be fighting for survival in a few years. The House will be the only thing they will have a chance of winning.

This was a likely contributor to the GOP’s 2012 ‘shell-shock,’ that they misread the 2010 midterms and incorrectly inferred they were a bellwether for the General Election, that the voters were ready to ‘rise up’ and throw Senate democrats and the president out.

Forum List

Back