GOP Rolled back Obama Gun Laws for Mentally ill Receiving SS checks

Astrostar

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2017
Trump says that he is concerned about mental health issues as it relates to the tragedy in Florida.

But, just after taking office he killed the President Obama law H.J. Res 40 that would have prevented some mentally ill citizens from purchasing firearms. So now Trump is part of the problem and deserves a good dose of blame for the Florida shooting. And, how 'bout the nra? They've been awfully quiet. Bigly.

Trump says that he is concerned about mental health issues as it relates to the tragedy in Florida.

But, just after taking office he killed the President Obama law H.J. Res 40 that would have prevented some mentally ill citizens from purchasing firearms. So now Trump is part of the problem and deserves a good dose of blame for the Florida shooting. And, how 'bout the nra? They've been awfully quiet. Bigly.

Not "mentally ill".

H.J. 40 -

Social Security and Firearms Purchases - H.J.Res. 40 - NWYC

Not "mentally ill".

H.J. 40 -

Sorry. Please substitute "mental impairment" for "mentally ill."

Thank you.

Not "mentally ill".

H.J. 40 -

Thank you.

Being terrible at math should not preclude one from owning a firearm.

Not "mentally ill".

H.J. 40 -

Thank you.

Why?

Sounds like you suffer from a serious mental illness known as Trump Derangement Syndrome.

As I understand it, the laws were going too far.

Anyone seeking help from a psychiatrist could be denied from owning a tool for personal safety.

Sounds like you suffer from a serious mental illness known as Trump Derangement Syndrome.
Just another example of Trump saying one thing after doing another. He is an aggressive slave of the nra.

Just another example of Trump saying one thing after doing another. He is an aggressive slave of the nra.
Your thread is just another example of someone not knowing what he’s talking about.

Your thread is just another example of someone not knowing what he’s talking about.
What I'm talking about is children dying and Trump could care less. He is part of the problem, bought and paid for by the nra.

What I'm talking about is children dying and Trump could care less. He is part of the problem, bought and paid for by the nra.
Thr Florida shooter is a Trump supporting maga white supremacist. Trump did not say one word condemning the murderer. TRUMP IS PART OF THE PROBLEM! Wake up Trumpsters! Bigly.

I can understand you wanting to blame Trump. That isn’t going to change the facts.
Didn’t these shootings start when democrats were in charge?

I agree that Trump could care less.

How does that make him a problem, jackass?

There may be threads, but nothing about this bill in the title..

I do not recall hearing about this..All I can say Is Why?

The measure sought to block some people with severe mental health problems from buying guns.

President Donald Trump quietly signed a bill into law Tuesday 2017 rolling back an Obama-era regulation that made it harder for people with mental illnesses to purchase a gun.
Shown Here:
Public Law No: 115-8 (02/28/2017)

(This measure has not been amended since it was introduced. The summary of that version is repeated here.)

This joint resolution nullifies the “Implementation of the NICS Improvement Amendments Act of 2007” rule finalized by the Social Security Administration on December 19, 2016. The rule implements a plan to provide to the National Instant Criminal History Background Check System the name of an individual who meets certain criteria, including that benefit payments are made through a representative payee because the individual is determined to be mentally incapable of managing them. (Current law prohibits firearm sale or transfer to and purchase or possession by a person who has been adjudicated as a mental defective.)
The rule, which was finalized in December, added people receiving Social Security checks for mental illnesses and people deemed unfit to handle their own financial affairs to the national background check database.

Had the rule fully taken effect, the Obama administration predicted it would have added about 75,000 names to that database.

Trump signs bill revoking Obama-era gun checks for mental illness

Last edited:

The measure sought to block some people with severe mental health problems from buying guns.

President Donald Trump quietly signed a bill into law Tuesday 2017 rolling back an Obama-era regulation that made it harder for people with mental illnesses to purchase a gun.

The rule, which was finalized in December, added people receiving Social Security checks for mental illnesses and people deemed unfit to handle their own financial affairs to the national background check database.

Had the rule fully taken effect, the Obama administration predicted it would have added about 75,000 names to that database.

/—-/ You gun grabbers think Republicans are mentally ill and shouldn’t own guns.

Note that the main stream media, made no attempt to provide you with the other side of the issue.

That question you ask, should have been answered, if we had a media that was not completely corrupt.

O has lied repeatedly. There is no reason to believe anything that comes out of the mouth of that narcissist.

Note that the main stream media, made no attempt to provide you with the other side of the issue.

That question you ask, should have been answered, if we had a media that was not completely corrupt.

Well, show me your side.

Awesome. Lose constitutional rights because you cant remember to balance a check book.
Thank gawd that son of a bitch is gone.

Forum List

Back