GOP Response to CBS Announcement

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://www.gop.com/News/Read.aspx?ID=4719

2. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Accept the apology and move on I say. Don't stoop to conspiracy theororizing about the DNC or Kerry's campaign. Let the story stand on its own merits and rise above the crap for crying out loud.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533

I would agree with you that taking the high road is the better course - if we lived in a world where reason prevails. We live in no such world, HGROKIT. The liberal elite have taken it away from us, and we must accept that - for now. There IS no high road - not in a political climate where kindness is (successfully) portrayed as weakness, and honor, a quaint, useless anachronism.

Check out Kathianne's thread, "Talking of Suicidal". The DNC is going to use these fraudulent documents IN AN ANTI-BUSH VIDEO - AS IF NOTHING HAS HAPPENED!!!! There is no END to their lies!!! The only way to stop them is to drive a stake through their hearts - twice!

No - let's not make the mistake of taking the high road - not here, not now. Let's unravel the hideous truth, wherever it takes us, until there is not a rock left for these lying bastards to crawl under. Then, maybe, in better times, we can once again start thinking in terms of kindness, honor, and the high road.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    but why add to it by starting or buying into a conspiracy theory? Now that the story has broken, everyone will see the media and the left for what they really are - they might not admit it but see it none the less.

For everyone else to continually perpetuate it when they have already shot themselves in the foot is just dumb.

If some one calls me a fat slob and everyone else can see that is false, then what is the point of me making issue of it. If I AM a fat slob, then there is no point in arguing it because it would be true.

5. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

...the link is there - a Bushy stepped down because he had less contact, or similar contact w/ the SwiftBoaters, than the Kerry guy had w/ the Memo writer. :)

6. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533

All of which would make sense in a world where sanity drove the dissemination of information. Such is not the case, and hasn't been the case for over thirty years. Despite the inroads made by Fox, talk radio, and the blogosphere, liberals still exercise a frightening amount of control over our culture, and a largely uninformed, apathetic public remains vulnerable to their sway. No less a social engineer than Adolf Hitler once said, "The endless repitition of a demonstrable lie will turn it into a demonstrable truth" - and no one seems to have learned that lesson better than Dan Rather.

Were it not for the dogged tenacity of the blogosphere, this story would have died long ago, buried under an avalanche of self-serving garbage like, "Well, the documents were wrong, but the STORY was right". You know that. You've SEEN it. "Let the public see that they've shot themselves in the foot, and drop it already", some might say. I strongly disagree. The LMM are past masters at this sort of thing. Give them enough time, and the oppurtunity to spout their lies unchallenged, and you'll hear people on the street saying, "Damn that Bush - shooting poor Dan Rather in the foot like that".

No, I say. HELL no! Pour it on!

7. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669

Because there may be a bigger story than just oops CBS screwed up.......If there is a link between Kerry campaign and the documents, that amounts to criminal liability (fraud).........Don't think for a moment if the situation were reversed it would be handled any better. this is about so much more than egg on Rather's face.

Right now CBS launched it's own investigation, and it looks like Mary Mapes is the first one hung out on the line............They cannot be allowed to get away with this. This scandal strikes at the very heart of Yellow Journalism, and the media's desire to manipulate an election based on lies and fabrications and they finally got caught...........THAT'S HUGE.....!!!!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    My initial reaction to this, and you know I'm a Kerry supporter, is that unless they have ANY proof it's pretty lame to go blaming Kerry for Rather and CBS's mistake. Just like it's lame to accuse Bush of going AWOL without proof.

Just for the record:
    Cheney bought his way out. Clinton went to Canada. Bush went to the National Guard and records are missing regarding his service. John Kerry volunteered to serve in Vietnam. His leadership, courage, and sacrifice earned him a Silver Star, a Bronze Star with Combat V, and three Purple Hearts.

It's easy to see why the GOP is trying to discredit Kerry's service and even suggesting that his campaign may have fabricated documents.

9. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Exactly, I don't think CBS' major faux pas hurt Bush's credibility. Lashing out at Kerry for something there is no good reason to think he was involved with will.

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Nice try at spin. Not going to work. Lockhart called Burkett. Burkett called Cleland. Fortunate Son campaign began at same time as the report. Tampering/Misrepresenting federal records/files is a federal crime.