GOP Rep: Theater Massacre Result Of 'Attacks On Judeo-Christian Beliefs'

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
:confused:

Louie Gohmert: Aurora Shootings Result Of 'Ongoing Attacks On Judeo-Christian Beliefs'

WASHINGTON -- Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) said Friday that the shootings that took place in an Aurora, Colo. movie theater hours earlier were a result of "ongoing attacks on Judeo-Christian beliefs" and questioned why nobody else in the theater had a gun to take down the shooter.

During a radio interview on The Heritage Foundation's "Istook Live!" show, Gohmert was asked why he believes such senseless acts of violence take place. Gohmert responded by talking about the weakening of Christian values in the country.

"You know what really gets me, as a Christian, is to see the ongoing attacks on Judeo-Christian beliefs, and then some senseless crazy act of terror like this takes place," Gohmert said.

Ernest Istook, the host of the show and a former Oklahoma congressman, jumped in to clarify that nobody knows the motivation of the alleged Aurora gunman.

Gohmert also said the tragedy could have been lessened if someone else in the movie theater had been carrying a gun and took down the lone shooter. Istook noted that Colorado laws allow people to carry concealed guns.

I have a very low opinion of anyone who stands over the pile of still warm corpses of men, women, and children to peddle their brand of political wares.

Sickening.

He has made my list of People To Gut Punch On Sight.

Not directly, but these kinds of attacks are a result of a general breakdown of societal function and a lack of morality. Which themselves are the result of attacks on Judeo Chistian beliefs. The shooter was a shooter because he believes himself to be to Joker.

I have a very low opinion of anyone who stands over the pile of still warm corpses of men, women, and children to peddle their brand of political wares.

Sickening.

I agree. Brian Moss needs to be fired.

Louie Gohmert: Aurora Shootings Result Of 'Ongoing Attacks On Judeo-Christian Beliefs'

WASHINGTON -- Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) said Friday that the shootings that took place in an Aurora, Colo. movie theater hours earlier were a result of "ongoing attacks on Judeo-Christian beliefs" and questioned why nobody else in the theater had a gun to take down the shooter.

During a radio interview on The Heritage Foundation's "Istook Live!" show, Gohmert was asked why he believes such senseless acts of violence take place. Gohmert responded by talking about the weakening of Christian values in the country.

"You know what really gets me, as a Christian, is to see the ongoing attacks on Judeo-Christian beliefs, and then some senseless crazy act of terror like this takes place," Gohmert said.

Ernest Istook, the host of the show and a former Oklahoma congressman, jumped in to clarify that nobody knows the motivation of the alleged Aurora gunman.

Gohmert also said the tragedy could have been lessened if someone else in the movie theater had been carrying a gun and took down the lone shooter. Istook noted that Colorado laws allow people to carry concealed guns.

I knew that people (likely, some members of Congress as well as RW pundits) would eventually say those two things. The only thing that surprises me (two things, actually) is that it was said on the very day of the tragedy, and that it was the same person who said both things.

the article is very telling.....Republican+Texas+Heritage Foundation=batshit crazy.

Everybody knows....what's his name.

He speaks for the whole party.

Folks like Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Barack Obama, all those insignificant obscure asshole don't speak for the left.

But this guy, Louise Kmart what's his name, speaks for everyone in the GOP.

More guns is certainly not the answer. What if 20 people took out gins and began shooting? The American gun culture is to blame to begin with.

the article is very telling.....Republican+Texas+Heritage Foundation=batshit crazy.

yeah, never let a good tragedy go to waste to dump on people

Last edited:

Everybody knows....what's his name.

He speaks for the whole party.

Folks like Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Barack Obama, all those insignificant obscure asshole don't speak for the left.

But this guy, Louise Kmart what's his name, speaks for everyone in the GOP.

Who said that he did?

More guns is certainly not the answer. What if 20 people took out gins and began shooting? The American gun culture is to blame to begin with.

If 20 people took out gin and began shooting, there would be a lot of drunks in jail for murder.

Last edited:

Yeah but 24 year old med students aren't.

Sickening.

I agree. Brian Moss needs to be fired.

I'm sure there are people lining up for their chance at the mike to unfurl their righteous demagoguery.

"Journalists", for lack of a better term at the moment, are the worst. First, they now have to fill up 24 hours of air time, instead the half hour in days of yore, and this leads to much mindless muttering and opinionating and speculating. Second, they bait politicians in the aftermath of events such as this in an attempt to get them to say the kinds of things goober Gohmert did.

You can be sure Obama is working with a team to carefully massage the response he will give to the inevitable barrage of questions about this tragedy.

And you can be sure someone else will parse the ever living shit out of his response to find fault in it.

Measures and countermeasures and counter-countermeasures. Before you know it, no one is thinking about the dead any more, and everyone is focused on what Obama meant or what some Texas yahoo said.

We should be having a 24 hour period of mourning in which everyone shuts the fuck up and prays for the survivors and the families of the dead.

Forum List

Back