GOP Rep. Resigns After He Sent Shirtless Photo to Woman on Craigslist

Sorry. As a conservative I completely disagree. Anyone who would do what this jackass did shouldn't be entrusted to govern this nation. Character and principle still matter not to mention honor of which he has none. He's made a mockery of his marriage and his wife will suffer from this immensely. He deserves nothing but scorn. He knew better and chose-- his choice carries consequences.

It is up to HER to determine the consequences. Some humans cheat. That is the way it has always been. Those cheaters come from all walks of life. If the guy teaching your kids cheats...do you fire him? If the waiter serving your dinner is a cheater...do you ask for another table? If your boss is a cheater....do you look for work elsewhere?

What goes on in a marriage is between that couple.

I don't depend on a waiter to legislate and create laws which affect my very existence. These stewards run on a ballot with the promise to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. They are given our trust and ensure us they can be trusted. A man who not only cheats on his wife but has to advertise himself semi-nude on the internet is far from truthworthy. Bad analogy.

How many of our founding fathers were cheaters?

Thomas Jefferson
Ben Franklin
Alexander Hamilton

Last edited:
It is up to HER to determine the consequences. Some humans cheat. That is the way it has always been. Those cheaters come from all walks of life. If the guy teaching your kids cheats...do you fire him? If the waiter serving your dinner is a cheater...do you ask for another table? If your boss is a cheater....do you look for work elsewhere?

I don't depend on a waiter to legislate and create laws which affect my very existence. These stewards run on a ballot with the promise to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. They are given our trust and ensure us they can be trusted. A man who not only cheats on his wife but has to advertise himself semi-nude on the internet is far from truthworthy. Bad analogy.

Thomas Jefferson
Ben Franklin
Alexander Hamilton

So because they did it, that makes it right? You and I will just have to agree to disagree. I call out conservatives as much as liberals when they fail to do the right thing. Anything less would be hypocrisy.

Sorry. As a conservative I completely disagree. Anyone who would do what this jackass did shouldn't be entrusted to govern this nation. Character and principle still matter not to mention honor of which he has none. He's made a mockery of his marriage and his wife will suffer from this immensely. He deserves nothing but scorn. He knew better and chose-- his choice carries consequences.

Just where in the Constitution is there anything about public officials living up to anyone's morals?

Just where in the Constitution is there anything about public officials living up to anyone's morals?

Just where did I note in any of my posts that public officials must live up to any stated or implied meaning concerning morals and or ethics within the Constitution?

It took 4 hours for the GOP to (quite properly) purge this moron from the House.

Contrast that with how the Dems defended Clinton for sexually exploiting a subordinate employee during work hours.

The contrast is quite telling.

Thomas Jefferson
Ben Franklin
Alexander Hamilton

So because they did it, that makes it right? You and I will just have to agree to disagree. I call out conservatives as much as liberals when they fail to do the right thing. Anything less would be hypocrisy.

I agree. I wouldn't vote for someone who has affairs. It demonstrates a lack of trustworthiness that I require in anyone who holds public office. If one has no problem breaking their vows to their husband or wife, then how are we supposed to expect them not to cheat on their constituents? We can't.

Thomas Jefferson
Ben Franklin
Alexander Hamilton

I agree. I wouldn't vote for someone who has affairs. It demonstrates a lack of trustworthiness that I require in anyone who holds public office. If one has no problem breaking their vows to their husband or wife, then how are we supposed to expect them not to cheat on their constituents? We can't.

qft!

It took 4 hours for the GOP to (quite properly) purge this moron from the House.

Contrast that with how the Dems defended Clinton for sexually exploiting a subordinate employee during work hours.

The contrast is quite telling.

We could spend all day listing the rotten leftists who when caught doing something either illegal or immoral, the deranged lemmings come running to circle the wagons around- no comparison. That's what separates us from liberals- Our principles and ethics.

Pretty stupid but he didn't have to resign. He would have survived just fine. It's New York for God's sake. They'll accept pretty much anything from politicians up there. Look at their previous two Democrat Governors. He took the wimp's way out. He wont be missed though. See Ya!

Some should expect such questions of their behaviour as they thrust themselves into the public light.

At least he had enough smarts to resign.

We expect bigger things of our electeds

Barney Frank's boyfriend runs a male whorehouse out of the basement of Barney's home and he doesn't resign.

Said he had no knowledge.

Bubba get a BJ in Government housing on the taxpayer's dime and doesn't resign.

Until the Imperial Subjects, aka Sheeple, demand the highest ethical and moral standards from their Mandarins.................this will continue until the Empire collapses.

On the bright side,maybe CNN will give him his own show. They gave Spitzer one no? Spitzer was much more of a weird perv than this guy is and he got a TV Show out of it. So where ya at CNN??

Last edited:
Some should expect such questions of their behaviour as they thrust themselves into the public light.

At least he had enough smarts to resign.

We expect bigger things of our electeds

Barney Frank's boyfriend runs a male whorehouse out of the basement of Barney's home and he doesn't resign.

Said he had no knowledge.

Bubba get a BJ in Government housing on the taxpayer's dime and doesn't resign.

Until the Imperial Subjects, aka Sheeple, demand the highest ethical and moral standards from their Mandarins.................this will continue until the Empire collapses.

Exactly!

David "Diapers" Vitter.

The western NY congressman is gone, what more do you want? Democrats never resign. Remember Gerry Studds? He raped a male page (statutory rape anyway the page was 17) in 1983 but he received a slap on the wrist by the democrat majority and later a standing ovation when he returned to the House.

yep,
of course the double standards are always there for a Democrat.

Just give the man his own show on CNN and call it a day. It couldn't hurt CNN. No one watches Spitzer's show.

The western NY congressman is gone, what more do you want? Democrats never resign. Remember Gerry Studds? He raped a male page (statutory rape anyway the page was 17) in 1983 but he received a slap on the wrist by the democrat majority and later a standing ovation when he returned to the House.

yep,
of course the double standards are always there for a Democrat.
Exactly!

Sincerely,
Representative Kim

p.s. Can someone please get this silly police locator bracelet off my ankle so I can go vote on this bill?

On the bright side,maybe CNN will give him his own show. They gave Spitzer one no? Spitzer was much more of a weird perv than this guy is and he got a TV Show out of it. So where ya at CNN??
Weirder than Vitter, who liked to wear diapers with his whores? God knows what that involved.
BTW, his fellow republicons gave him a standing ovation on his return to the Senate.

I admit Christopher Lee is a weird guy and Congress is better off without him but he didn't break the law. Would anyone be surprised if Barney Fwank sent a shirtless photo to a guy? It would not be a pretty sight but the media would get a good laugh out of it. Which senator had the most dead girls in his car? He survived a misdemeanor conviction and his congressman kid dodged the bullet by going into rehab after he ran into the Pentagon while loaded on drugs.

Liberals have no moral values thus in their minds when they break the law or do bad things for them it's just another day at the office .....so why should they resign over something they don't see as being wrong? Now when Conservatives do it, why that's a different story. Liberals find their wagging finger, (see Bubba) and preach the gospel to conservatives demanding they resign. It's the same with racism. Negro dialect = good ; macaca= bad. Liberals are a joke. The nation knows this and see's it. It's why they can no longer win elections. Less than 21% of the nation now profess to be liberals. The sun is shining again in America!! I can see 2012 from my window~

Forum List

Back