GOP Rep. Resigns After He Sent Shirtless Photo to Woman on Craigslist

The western NY congressman is gone, what more do you want? Democrats never resign. Remember Gerry Studds? He raped a male page (statutory rape anyway the page was 17) in 1983 but he received a slap on the wrist by the democrat majority and later a standing ovation when he returned to the House.

actually, he was censured by the house

Gerry Studds - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and i don't know anything about a standing ovation. but then again, i didn't remember the incident.

Last edited:
oh my

this one is even better

Gawker — Today's gossip is tomorrow's news

maybe he needed to learn a bit more about that topic :lol:

Yep that was my first thought after reading the thread title: naive. CL is notorious for having the barrel-scrapings of some seriously deviant stuff.

I don't know what he was hoping to find, but there must be a pretty big schism between him and his wife. I feel some pity for the guy, but I feel real bad for his wife. What a way to find out. :doubt:

oh my

this one is even better

Yep that was my first thought after reading the thread title: naive. CL is notorious for having the barrel-scrapings of some seriously deviant stuff.

I don't know what he was hoping to find, but there must be a pretty big schism between him and his wife. I feel some pity for the guy, but I feel real bad for his wife. What a way to find out. :doubt:
yeah, no shit
i bet she feels wonderful right now

Heh...
Power Line - Now, That's Scandalous!

We have to give credit to Congressman Chris Lee, for sparing us the usual drawn-out scandal. His was over in what, an hour and a half? Still, something about it nagged at the back of my mind until Iowahawk tweeted it into perspective:

Congressional ethics: texting shirtless pictures = reason to resign in disgrace. Spending $1.5 trillion you don't have = Wednesday.

What Washington needs more than anything, perhaps, is a re-definition of what constitutes a "scandal."

Meh, fark him. What a loser. Still, I agree with the above.

oh my

this one is even better

yeah, no shit

Depends, how much money does he have for her to get?
She may be glad to be rid of the bum.

yeah, no shit

Depends, how much money does he have for her to get?
She may be glad to be rid of the bum.
its still a shitty way to find out

One would think the Clowns we elect would get smarter over time.

Apparantly not.

Good riddance.

Wonder if his wife has barred the door yet???

I personally don't see the big deal here. It is just some guy trying to get laid. If every politician who has a floozie on the side or is trying to get a floozie on the side had to resign we would not have many people left.

If it affects his ability to do the job, resign.

Otherwise, who really cares?

I personally don't see the big deal here. It is just some guy trying to get laid. If every politician who has a floozie on the side or is trying to get a floozie on the side had to resign we would not have many people left.

We do. If they'll lie to their spouses then they'll lie to us.

Character matters.

Although I hate to see it be standard operating procedure, that's about it. It tells me a lot about a persons character, but whatcha gonna do.:dunno:

If nothing else, the dumb fucker sending pictures/e-mails of any questionable taste, to anyone, in this day and age proves he is to simple to serve as a representative of the people.

From what I was able to find, he does seem like one of those "Family Values" Republicans. Though I suppose we can at least be thankful the person he was sending pictures to in this case was an adult and not a teenage page.

Shoot, at least it was FEMALE this time...

Character matters.

Then don't vote for him.

Congressmen and Senators have a long and noble tradition of cheating on their spouses. Why, even some presidents have been known to dally on the side. We need to separate a persons public life from their personal life. Many elected public figures are not nice guys. It does not mean they cannot do their job.
Family values are great. Tells a lot about a man. But do we want to kick everyone out who tried to cheat on his wife? How about a guy who is just a bad father?
Unless it affects someones ability to do the job, leave his personal life out of it

I hate to say it, but what kind of a moron posts his UGLY picture on Craigslist who is a public servant?! Our politicians are a special breed of stupid.

Character matters.

Then don't vote for him.

Congressmen and Senators have a long and noble tradition of cheating on their spouses. Why, even some presidents have been known to dally on the side. We need to separate a persons public life from their personal life. Many elected public figures are not nice guys. It does not mean they cannot do their job.
Family values are great. Tells a lot about a man. But do we want to kick everyone out who tried to cheat on his wife? How about a guy who is just a bad father?
Unless it affects someones ability to do the job, leave his personal life out of it

Sorry. As a conservative I completely disagree. Anyone who would do what this jackass did shouldn't be entrusted to govern this nation. Character and principle still matter not to mention honor of which he has none. He's made a mockery of his marriage and his wife will suffer from this immensely. He deserves nothing but scorn. He knew better and chose-- his choice carries consequences.

Character matters.

Then don't vote for him.

Sorry. As a conservative I completely disagree. Anyone who would do what this jackass did shouldn't be entrusted to govern this nation. Character and principle still matter not to mention honor of which he has none. He's made a mockery of his marriage and his wife will suffer from this immensely. He deserves nothing but scorn. He knew better and chose-- his choice carries consequences.

It is up to HER to determine the consequences. Some humans cheat. That is the way it has always been. Those cheaters come from all walks of life. If the guy teaching your kids cheats...do you fire him? If the waiter serving your dinner is a cheater...do you ask for another table? If your boss is a cheater....do you look for work elsewhere?

What goes on in a marriage is between that couple.

Then don't vote for him.

It is up to HER to determine the consequences. Some humans cheat. That is the way it has always been. Those cheaters come from all walks of life. If the guy teaching your kids cheats...do you fire him? If the waiter serving your dinner is a cheater...do you ask for another table? If your boss is a cheater....do you look for work elsewhere?

What goes on in a marriage is between that couple.

I don't depend on a waiter to legislate and create laws which affect my very existence. These stewards run on a ballot with the promise to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. They are given our trust and ensure us they can be trusted. A man who not only cheats on his wife but has to advertise himself semi-nude on the internet is far from truthworthy. Bad analogy.

Forum List

Back