GOP Rep. Resigns After He Sent Shirtless Photo to Woman on Craigslist

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Political Junky, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Political Junky

Political Junky Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,542
    N.Y. Rep Resigns After Claim He Sent Shirtless Photo to Woman on Craigslist - FoxNews.com :clap2:

Rep. Christopher Lee resigned Wednesday after a report claimed the married Republican congressman sent a shirtless photo of himself to a woman on Craigslist.
    Earlier Wednesday Lee, asked by Fox News about the report as he was walking to his car, said he was not willing to talk about the issue, adding "I have to work this out with my wife."
    The New York congressman left his office Wednesday after a report surfaced on the website Gawker claiming an anonymous 34-year-old woman was contacted by Lee after she placed an ad in the "Women for Men" personals section on Craigslist.
    According to the report, he used a Gmail account, which was later deleted, to contact the woman, claiming to be a divorced lobbyist. Lee is married with one son. The article said Lee at first sent a normal picture of himself and then sent a "PG-13 muscle picture" -- the picture published by Gawker showed a shirtless man posing in a mirror.
    "Thanks...so do you always send shirtless pics to women from cl?" the response e-mail said, according to the correspondence published online.
    "Sorry. Its all I had," the sender replied.
    Lee told Fox News he had not read the Gawker story and would not confirm whether he was the man in the photograph. Lee's office also said there would be "no comment from our office at this time."
    A Lee spokesperson earlier told Gawker that the congressman believed he'd been a victim of hackers, noting that Lee sent a message to his staff about a security breach on Jan. 21 -- though the published e-mails were dated a week earlier.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ent-shirtless-photo-craigslist/#ixzz1DVUnzX9Z

Read more: N.Y. Rep Resigns After Claim He Sent Shirtless Photo to Woman on Craigslist - FoxNews.com

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  2. AquaAthena

AquaAthena INTJ/ INFJ

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,342
    You are too dumb to be in Congress!

Rep. Christopher Lee resigned Wednesday after a report claimed the married Republican congressman sent a shirtless photo of himself to a woman on Craigslist.

Earlier Wednesday Lee, asked by Fox News about the report as he was walking to his car, said he was not willing to talk about the issue, adding "I have to work this out with my wife."

The New York congressman left his office Wednesday after a report surfaced on the website Gawker claiming an anonymous 34-year-old woman was contacted by Lee after she placed an ad in the "Women for Men" personals section on Craigslist.

According to the report, he used a Gmail account, which was later deleted, to contact the woman, claiming to be a divorced lobbyist. Lee is married with one son. The article said Lee at first sent a normal picture of himself and then sent a "PG-13 muscle picture" -- the picture published by Gawker showed a shirtless man posing in a mirror.

N.Y. Rep Resigns After Claim He Sent Shirtless Photo to Woman on Craigslist - FoxNews.com

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. The Hatter

The Hatter Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Considering everything that he did in this situation, it was pretty arrogant on his part. Though he certainly did try his hardest for his wannabe myspace photo. Least he didn't try to make a duck face.

4. random3434

random3434 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,194
    Can I post it in my "Shirtless Hunks Thread?" or does he have man boobs?

5. The T

The T George S. Patton Party Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    Some should expect such questions of their behaviour as they thrust themselves into the public light.

At least he had enough smarts to resign.

We expect bigger things of our electeds.

6. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,548
    More family values.

7. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    LOL apparently a bit more to the story that we have seen?

8. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    A divorced lobbyist no less.

9. The T

The T George S. Patton Party Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    Are you an elected official? ;)

10. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,211
    Im surprised he was honest about it. CL is anonymous. Anyone can send pictures of anyone really.

So this is the Second resignation from Congress after 1 month in?

Not usual at all.