GOP Rep. Barton to Star in Democratic Ads?

Hey wingnuts, just keep up the rant about how BP is being shafted by having to compensate those whose living they have destroyed.

The American people are being shafted by BP AND the Obama regime.......

Hey wingnuts, just keep up the rant about how BP is being shafted by having to compensate those whose living they have destroyed.

That Barton rant is gonna sting a looong time. America is completely sickened by the gusher that STILL spews into the Gulf.

No, he sums up Joe Barton's mindset perfectly. No more, no less.

And Palin, Bachmann, Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck and I'm sure a majority of their followers.

Really? They all apologized to BP? Huh... I would have thought I might have heard about that...

They didn't apologize, but they think it was a shakedown by Obama and he bullied them, using his bully pulpit.

No, they don't agree with Barton at all. C'mon, you're smarter than that.

My question is, if Barton is right, why is the Republican party in headlong flight to distance themselves from him? ...referring to the many who are.

Does that mean they are wrong? Does that mean the fast lane to success for Republicans in November is to AGREE with the Bartons, and Bachmanns, and Limbaughs, and Levins of the world,

and make defending poor BP a major theme in their campaigns?

Who wants to make that case?

:lol:

What Maddow pointed out last night, and this is key:

But Joe Barton is not an outlier here in the Republican Party. And this is the most important thing about what happened today. He is not an outlier by any stretch of the imagination.

Yesterday, after the White House got BP to agree to set aside$20 billion for oil spill victims, the House Republican Study Committee blasted out a statement declaring, quote, "The Obama administration is hard at work exerting its brand of Chicago-style shakedown politics."

Just like Joe Barton, attacking the White House for getting BP to set aside$20 billion for BP oil spill victims, even using the same shakedown epithet. The House Republican Study Committee isn`t a little outlier either. It`s not some, one random congressman from Texas tied to the oil industry. The House Republican Study Committee is 114 House Republicans. It`s two- thirds, nearly two-thirds of all Republicans in the House.

t r u t h o u t | Rachel Maddow | Republican Congressman Apologizes to BP (Video)

And Palin, Bachmann, Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck and I'm sure a majority of their followers.

Really? They all apologized to BP? Huh... I would have thought I might have heard about that...

They didn't apologize, but they think it was a shakedown by Obama and he bullied them, using his bully pulpit.

No, they don't agree with Barton at all. C'mon, you're smarter than that.

And they may very well be right. None of us knows what was said during those meetings. It's very likely that the administration threatened costly lawsuits if BP didn't pony up for the escrow account. Personally, I find that idea distasteful, but I have a hard time getting worked up over it considering the circumstances. BP agreed to it, fine, but let's not pretend that the possibility doesn't exist that the White House didn't twist a few arms and tweek a few noses. You're smarter than that...

Forum List

Back