GOP Rep. Barton Apologizes to BP

If I were him I would not have directed the apology at BP, I would have apologized to the American people on Obama's Behalf. For Obama once again acting like he is a king not a president, and can Order anyone to cough up 20 billion dollars with out first having them found liable in a court of law.

Don't get me wrong I want BP to pay, but I also want a president who respects the Law and constitution, and is not constantly abusing his power, and basically behaving like a bully.

Protecting the American people from corporate criminals is part of his job, believe it or not. If he can accomplish that with a little friendly persuasion, you should be praising him for that.

He's right. It was a shakedown. Once again obie wan has circumvented the law. US law states BP's liability is no greater than 75 million dollars.

they'll be lucky to get that. and the excess will go to the "slurp" dems. it's free OPM.

givin' dems $$$ is like givin' a herion addict another shot

I saw the poll that said that 5% of Americans think Obama has been too tough on BP; I thought who the FUCK are those imbeciles?

Now I realize, 99% of them are 'nuts here on USMB.

btw, that would be 5% support for Barton's position (which is also Michelle Bachmann's position).

The GOP really really really needs to get on board the Barton/Bachmann express!

Would that be the thread where I posted a pic of the actual award after someone came in and said it didn't exist? It was amazing how all the Obamazoids left after I did that. Would you like me to post it again?

MMS_Award.png

I took the silence to mean yes.

Ummm, look at the date :lol:

What about the date? It was given because the rig was improperly inspected during 2008, and was handed out in 2009, when Obama was in charge, which is what I said all along. Your claim was that the award does not exist, it does. So again I ask, what about the date.

The award was based on performance in 2008. Bush was president, if you're trying to blame presidents.

Technically, you're correct. It was done after Obama assumed the presidency. But it was done before he had anyone in place at MMS. It was the Bush left overs that made the decision to give them the safety award.

I hate to burst your blame Bush bubble, (I don't actually, but I am trying to appear nice) but most of the people in MMS are career bureaucrats, and the last guy to inspect Deepwater Horizon was a rookie.

If the well blew because of negligence or unsafe practices, they occurred at the time of the blow out.

I saw the poll that said that 5% of Americans think Obama has been too tough on BP; I thought who the FUCK are those imbeciles?

Now I realize, 99% of them are 'nuts here on USMB.

btw, that would be 5% support for Barton's position (which is also Michelle Bachmann's position).

The GOP really really really needs to get on board the Barton/Bachmann express!

I see you had your heroin shot

He's right. It was a shakedown. Once again obie wan has circumvented the law. US law states BP's liability is no greater than 75 million dollars.

What kind of personally responsibility is that? As long as you're a corporation, you're not responsible for the totality of your mistakes? How can you possibly justify that?

You know that 75 million is inadequate, and your position is callous and foolish. Would you feel the same way if your livelihood and your families livelihood was ruined because of this?

What kind of personally responsibility is that? As long as you're a corporation, you're not responsible for the totality of your mistakes? How can you possibly justify that?

You know that 75 million is inadequate, and your position is callous and foolish. Would you feel the same way if your livelihood and your families livelihood was ruined because of this?

Obviously, they would feel it would be a "welcome" personal sacrifice. They could probably even tie "Jesus" into it somehow.

I'm gunna get my mind right boss.....I'm gunna get my mind right

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time - Blogs from CNN.com

Washington (CNN) - Under fire for appearing to shield BP from criticism Thursday morning, Rep. Joe Barton was told by House GOP leaders later in the day to apologize "immediately" or lose his position as the senior Republican on the House Energy and Commerce Committee, several Republican sources tell CNN.

House Minority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio, and House Minority Whip Eric Cantor, R-Virginia, delivered the pointed demand to Barton, a Texas congressman.

"He was told apologize immediately or you will lose your position immediately," said a Republican leadership aide, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Last edited:
When was the rig inspected? Who was president in 2008?

So I ask, was Obama supposed to travel back in time to make sure the inspections were done properly, or will a bush-idolizer like you admit that bush may have had something to do with this?

Do you admit, or do you continue to deny, that the award exists? Until you answer that question, and either admit you were wrong, or continue to deny reality, we have nothing to discuss.

I never said there was no award, so either you're making something up to avoid admitting a mistake, or you've confused me with someone else.

Since I never denied it, you are now in the position of using a your confusion to avoid answering my question.

was Obama supposed to travel back in time to make sure the inspections were done properly, or will a bush-idolizer like you admit that bush may have had something to do with this?

did you watch the hearings today? did you learn anything other than "this is thursday." I learned something. Want to compare notes?

Thank goodness we have politicians like Barton standing up for sensitive corporations.

We wouldn't want to hurt their feelings to such an extent that they stop contributing to GOP campaigns
Barton got about $1Million form oil. He was protecting his meal ticket until the GOP set him straight.

My God! When we win back the Presidency let one Liberal group fuck up just once and we'll own them!

How sweet will that be?

did you watch the hearings today? did you learn anything other than "this is thursday." I learned something. Want to compare notes?

Would you rather the US taxpayers pay for the damages and clean-up, or should the responsible party pay for the damages and losses that they created? It's really pretty simple.

Forum List

Back