GOP reluctantly lets woman chair committee

Is there any American that has any policial wherewithall that believes Congress is a place where politics is not a consideration in its decisions? Politics probably enters into every decision the Congress makes, from washroom attendant to committee chairmen. Congress is a political animal from top to bottom. And the appointment of a woman to a Republican committee chairmanship may be good evidence of that.

and if we put all minorities and women in leadership positions imagine the bloviating about republicans pandering.

post up a pic w/ "all minorities and women" at a repub gathering :doubt: :eusa_shhh:

there are a lot of groups such as this

National Black Republican Association | National Black Republican Association

i hear about the black republican point of view every day. from my wife.

Is there any American that has any policial wherewithall that believes Congress is a place where politics is not a consideration in its decisions? Politics probably enters into every decision the Congress makes, from washroom attendant to committee chairmen. Congress is a political animal from top to bottom. And the appointment of a woman to a Republican committee chairmanship may be good evidence of that.

and if we put all minorities and women in leadership positions imagine the bloviating about republicans pandering.

post up a pic w/ "all minorities and women" at a repub gathering :doubt: :eusa_shhh:

It would be much harder for you to come up with a picture of a Republican Mayor or City Council member serving Detroit who has left my city in ruins. Any race or gender will do.

Ah, so you're admitting appointing/hiring people because of political considerations (i.e. gender or skin color) is tokenism.

Way to finally come out of the closet. :thup:

Think about it. The Republicans lost the female vote and so they, under duress, take a female from her committee and appoint her the chairman of a minor committee.
That's why some people make good or bad politician, some have a knack for knowing the right thing to do or say, and some have no idea what they're doing. Republicans simply haven't had the knack for saying or doing the right thing for some time now.

Think about it. The Republicans lost the female vote and so they, under duress, take a female from her committee and appoint her the chairman of a minor committee.
That's why some people make good or bad politician, some have a knack for knowing the right thing to do or say, and some have no idea what they're doing. Republicans simply haven't had the knack for saying or doing the right thing for some time now.

We do agree. When politics comes down to style points Republicans are not as effective plain and simple. That is why Reagan is so revered. Not since have we had someone who can communicate effectively with the American public. Democrats are all about saying the right thing at the right time. Take Obama's stance on gay marriage. Up until the run up for 2012 he was personally against it as are the majority of African Americans. However he changed his tune and pulled all the right levers. Look it worked, he won.

again, this coming from the people that had a chance to elect the FIRST WOMAN President, tossed her aside................................. for A MAN

I guess she wasn't good enough for the highest position in our country..then THEY turn around and accuse others of not having enough women and minorities...

this stuff cracks me the hell up:lol:

Last edited:
again, this coming from the people that had a chance to elect the FIRST WOMAN President, tossed her aside................................. for A MAN

I guess she wasn't good enough for the highest position in our country..then THEY turn around and accuse others of not having enough women and minorities...

Well hopefully we can advance the most capable people regardless of gender or race. Our beloved country desperately needs capable hands.

And when Condi Rice was appointed remember the democrats attack of her for 8 years?

After criticism, GOP adds woman to chair House committee
Lack of diversity has been an issue for the GOP, and many strategists believe that the party’s problems with women and minorities led to President Obama’s re-election.

Can anyone say "clueless" or "tone deaf"?

What say you freedombecki, Katzndogz, kg, & Stephanie? :eusa_eh:

Can radical lefties count? The republican party has held the congressional majority for two years. Only the majority gets to pick the chairmanships. My own (male) congressman has been in office going on 20 years without a chairmanship. If left wing babes started worrying about the future of the freaking Country in the next four years instead of trying to create an issue that doesn't exist in the republican party we might survive Hussein's 2nd term.

why did Boehner (R) cave :dunno: Could it be that > 1/2 of all voters are female :eusa_think:

Its been like that since the election.

The president says or does something and, in record time, Boehner is off the golf course and in a tie for a photo op rebuttal.

He can't control his own party, hasn't been able to since he got the gavel. That won't change and he'll just keep on scrambling to keep up.

Its enough to make him cry.

which gold course is he playing in November?

link ?

is it the sme course as Obama?

Last edited:

Buckhead Republican Women and Atlanta 912 Gathering/Meeting | Georgia Republican Party

and many more like it. you must have a myopic view to think such things. almost every county in the USA has "women's republicans of x county" and "women democrats of x county".
link has no pic. You can call a group whatever you want. Look at the names of Legislation & PACs. Their names bear no resemblance to their purpose'

We do agree. When politics comes down to style points Republicans are not as effective plain and simple. That is why Reagan is so revered. Not since have we had someone who can communicate effectively with the American public. Democrats are all about saying the right thing at the right time. Take Obama's stance on gay marriage. Up until the run up for 2012 he was personally against it as are the majority of African Americans. However he changed his tune and pulled all the right levers. Look it worked, he won.
its called being, as I said before, tone-deaf to the voters the preponderance of which are female.

Lack of diversity has been an issue for the GOP, and many strategists believe that the party’s problems with women and minorities led to President Obama’s re-election.

I'm surprised you seem unknowing that Republicans pushed hard for suffrage against Democrat naysayers.

I'm so glad you Demmies have caught up. We thought you'd never get on board, but here you are. Kudos, Dot Com.

You've come a long way, baby.

:)

yeah sure... let's put people up for important positions regardless of their salient qualifications...

the most important "qualification" being whether of not they have a vagina and/or dark skin...

eta: typical dumbfuck libs...

Last edited:

yeah sure... let's put people up for important positions regardless of their salient qualifications...

the most important "qualification" being whether of not they have a vagina and/or dark skin...

eta: typical dumbfuck libs...
So you're saying that Boehner nominated an unqualified Repub female? Also, name calling FAIL.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back