GOP Politics: Are Muslims a better target than Hispanics, gays or feminists?

R

rdean

Feminism has become a complete non-issue for the GOP. The issue is not only NOT debated within the GOP, but with the number of divorced and working mothers, to bring it up would be political suicide.

Gay marriage is becoming less and less of an issue. Especially since shows like Will and Grace, and Iraqi and Afghanistan war heroes and fewer are complaining about the fear of being "peeped" at in the shower.

Hispanics may not be the best target. They are 15% of the population and growing and share the Christian religion. This may not be a group to alienate, even though that is probably too late. Hispanics I know say they will not vote for the GOP in their lifetime. Some in Chicago even say they will NOT visit Arizona or Nevada, even though they have relatives there.

That leaves Muslims. Their religion, though still founded by Abraham, and even though they believe in Jesus and Mary and see the Bible as one of their "holy books", their numbers are tiny and they "look different" enough that they make good targets.

So, is this a good strategy for the GOP? Considering how well going after those other groups has worked in the past? Is it better to stick to the "tried and true" or branch out into targeting an "unknown" group?

Feminism has become a complete non-issue for the GOP. The issue is not only NOT debated within the GOP, but with the number of divorced and working mothers, to bring it up would be political suicide.

Gay marriage is becoming less and less of an issue. Especially since shows like Will and Grace, and Iraqi and Afghanistan war heroes and fewer are complaining about the fear of being "peeped" at in the shower.

Hispanics may not be the best target. They are 15% of the population and growing and share the Christian religion. This may not be a group to alienate, even though that is probably too late. Hispanics I know say they will not vote for the GOP in their lifetime. Some in Chicago even say they will NOT visit Arizona or Nevada, even though they have relatives there.

That leaves Muslims. Their religion, though still founded by Abraham, and even though they believe in Jesus and Mary and see the Bible as one of their "holy books", their numbers are tiny and they "look different" enough that they make good targets.

So, is this a good strategy for the GOP? Considering how well going after those other groups has worked in the past? Is it better to stick to the "tried and true" or branch out into targeting an "unknown" group?

How are other Races, Women and Homosexuals Treated by Muslims in the ME?...

Please, Inform the Class about the Religion you are Feeling the Need to Defend.

I'm Assuming you Feel that The Kingdom Embraces Homosexuals and let's them Serve in the Military, as Opposed to Executing them in the Name of Allah...

And of course, Women are 100% Equal with Men in the ME...

And then there's other Races...

You're an Ignorant Tool, RD. :lol:

:)

peace...

Should not "go after" any group, that is divisive as hell, leave the social issues at the most local level, let people run their lives as much themselves as possible and let us return to the Party of personal responsibility,government non interventionism and fiscal restraint within the confines of the Constitution .

Last edited:

They certainly seem to be the new boogeyman....along with gays. Gotta have something since the Soviet Union collapsed.

I'm Assuming you Feel that The Kingdom Embraces Homosexuals and let's them Serve in the Military, as Opposed to Executing them in the Name of Allah...

peace...

Why do Republicans always look "down".

Listen to this argument, "They are worse than us, so why complain?"

Worse, Republicans believe they make a good argument that someone is "worse".

The truth is that our secular laws protect us from the extremes of the religious. You only have to read this very board to know what many Republicans would do to gays if they got the chance and thought they could get away with it.

What State has, "No such thing as freedom FROM religion", in their "Tea Party" Charter? What does that mean?

peace...

Why do Republicans always look "down".

Listen to this argument, "They are worse than us, so why complain?"

Worse, Republicans believe they make a good argument that someone is "worse".

The truth is that our secular laws protect us from the extremes of the religious. You only have to read this very board to know what many Republicans would do to gays if they got the chance and thought they could get away with it.

What State has, "No such thing as freedom FROM religion", in their "Tea Party" Charter? What does that mean?

Actually, Homosexuals basically Rest on the Human Flaws that Cause Divorce to Justify their Argument for getting Marriage...

Project much?...

My Observations of the Brutal Oppression that comes out of Organized Islam in the ME is simply that...

They are what they are.

They Execute Women, Children and Homosexuals for Absurd reasons...

They Oppress entire Cultures Severely and they have EVERY Intention of Dominating the Planet with Islam.

And these are the Primary Leaders in Islam, not only in the Religion but in the Governments they Control.

But to you, not letting Homsoexuals Marry, as Obama Agrees, is the Worst thing ever done to Humanity?...

peace...

As you can see by whats going on, and has been going on especially since 9-11...Muslims are a great target for Cons.

It works.

The average Republican News Network watcher is as dumb as a doornail. And gullible as all getup. Very easily led and misled. Willingly even.

As you can see by whats going on, and has been going on especially since 9-11...Muslims are a great target for Cons.

It works.

The average Republican News Network watcher is as dumb as a doornail. And gullible as all getup. Very easily led and misled. Willingly even.

That describes the average watcher and follower of MSNBC pretty well too :)

Whenever your response is "well...you're dumb TOO" you KNOW you've lost.

rotflmao.jpg

Some sects of islam still have a ways to go before they conform to your liberal standards RDEAN.

Homosexuality and Islam - ReligionFacts
Women's Rights and the Sharia
Honor killing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

rotflmao.jpg

Is that directed at me?

I was just having fun and was not assuming you watched MSNBC.

I was just giving the other half of your funny statement so we had complete humor.

BTW...if you actually were trying to insult me and directing that at me you need to look in the mirror. If that is what you did you are being very hypocritical.

(Notice the IF in those sentances, I dont know your intent so i'm covering all bases)

Excellent.

What I still find hilarious is that some years ago, Hispanics were going to be the saviour of the Republican party; they were being touted as the big group that the GOP was going to make big gains with and establish as a strong GOP constituency.

Then, too, hilariously, there's always that once every election cycle fantasy that the GOP trots out about how they going to make significant gains with the black vote.

In short, the GOP is the party of white Christian males plus anyone else they can scare into supporting them.

rotflmao.jpg

Is that directed at me?

I was just having fun and was not assuming you watched MSNBC.

I was just giving the other half of your funny statement so we had complete humor.

BTW...if you actually were trying to insult me and directing that at me you need to look in the mirror. If that is what you did you are being very hypocritical.

(Notice the IF in those sentances, I dont know your intent so i'm covering all bases)
Yes...it was directed at you.

Also, I believe you are mistaken.

The average MSNBC watcher, unlike the average Republican News Network watcher is quite diverse from age, sex, education, religion etc. They are not monolothic.

Not so easily led by JUST emotion...unlike the DramaNetwork where everything is loud and sexed up.

Angry news all the time. Keep the people dumb and angry. No discussion of nuances...just platitudes, creeds and talking points.

Phrases like "freedom" and "patriotism" can be heard every other word there.

This is NOT the case on MSNBC.

I'd like you to conduct an experiment if you will, watch FOXNews for a whole day, or at least a good block of 3 - 6 hours. Then do the same with MSNBC the next day...same time.

Compare the level of discourse and the type and variety of news issues discussed.

Then come back to me.

Some sects of islam still have a ways to go before they conform to your liberal standards RDEAN.

Homosexuality and Islam - ReligionFacts
Women's Rights and the Sharia
Honor killing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some... Understatement of the Jihad!... :lol:

peace...

As-long-as the U.S. Black-population is maintained, the GOP will NEVER run-out of someone to blame, for ALL "conservatives'" disappointments & short-comings!!!

crying_in_the_corner.jpg

Both sides seem to have this "divide and conquer" attitude however the GOP has really ramped things up these past few years and fear seems to be the main calling card.

Forum List

Back