GOP Official Unseated Over Voter Fraud Charges

I haven't read all the thread yet. Has any conservative defended this guy yet?
And it looks like the answer is "no".

Unlike the left, who defend those on the left who commit registration and vote fraud -- usually by denying it exists.

No... we don't defend anything... we just don't feel we need to fuck with people's voting rights because of a few isolated incidents(apparently on BOTH sides of the political coin).

This thread is inaccurately titled: it should be: "GOP Official Unseated over Residency Fraud Charges"

Why did you steer away from the reality of the charges Joe? Where a candidate lives or even where one is born needs to be validated, else confidence in the reliability of the system is compromised.

You were right, Republicans. Voter fraud does exist. Have fun dancing around this one. :lol::lol::lol:

Charles White, Indiana Secretary Of State, Removed From Office

An Indianapolis county court has removed Indiana Secretary of State Charles White from office on charges of voter fraud relating to his 2010 election.

The Marion County Circuit Court issued the order late Thursday afternoon in response to a Democratic Party civil suit alleging that White lied about his residency during the 2010 election to retain salary from a town councilman post he held. White is currently facing criminal charges stemming from the voter fraud allegations. In Indiana, the secretary of state also serves as the chief elections official.

The court order requires the state's Recount Commission to void White's 2010 election certification and award the secretary of state's post to runner-up Vop Osili (D). Osili was elected last month as a councilman for the Indianapolis-Marion County government.

But unlike you winger leftist hacks... we don't deny it exists... and we call for anyone caught to be thrown to the wolves in a court of law, as well as losing office

But nice try though

Hmmm..... The GOP seems to be having a bit of a problem with their people in the Mid-West.

One indictment of a GOP official compared with 9 recently for Democrats.
This was the right decision. I don't care what party an election cheat belongs to he should be punished severely.
Do you agree? Or is Democrat voter fraud perfectly acceptable?

From the article,
The court's decision said that it does not "imply" that White's actions "were or were not fraudulent or committed a crime," but rather that he "knowingly registered in the wrong precinct." The court is deferring any questions of illegal activity for decision during the coming criminal trial, which begins on Jan. 30.
More evidence that proof of identity and proof of residency would be a good thing.

What if you live in a tent or out of a car? Does that make you "less" American?

One would assume that if you live in your car, you already have a driver's license. Nice try.

I haven't read all the thread yet. Has any conservative defended this guy yet?

Unlike the left, who defend those on the left who commit registration and vote fraud -- usually by denying it exists.

No... we don't defend anything... we just don't feel we need to fuck with people's voting rights because of a few isolated incidents(apparently on BOTH sides of the political coin).

Oh, look -- you just defended it.

If I understand you, you are saying the poster defended voting fraud by noting that it was somewhat rare and not worth certain limits on voting rights. That is, by suggesting that it is not a big problem, rather than by saying it is no problem at all.

In contrast, some posters have, prior to your question regarding whether anyone had defended the secretary of state, suggested that his alleged actions were not a big deal because they didn't involve a presidential birth certificate, because they didn't involve getting a presidential candidate on the ballot, or because they weren't "wholesale".

It seems that by your standards of "defended", the answer to your question was "yes". I'll concede that they weren't defended very well, but a number of posts did seem intended to minimize the significance of those actions, which seems to fit your definition of "defended".

Last edited:
Neither of which restrict one from having proof of identity or residency.
You are grasping at straws.

How do you get mail to a car?

I suppose you can't.
What the heck does mail have to do with proving identity and voting?

10 to 1 rdean doesn't answer my question even though I answered his.

I'm sure rdean is more than capable of answering this, but I'd like to jump in. rdean's comment seems to be in reference to your comment about proof of residency, not proof of identity. In the contemporary United States, it is common to provide a piece of mail (such as a utility bill) addressed to one at one's residence in order to demonstrate residency. Living in a tent, one would be unable to provide this convenient proof of residency. Indeed, living in a tent, one would find it difficult or impossible to establish residency: http://www.nlchp.org/content/pubs/Model_ID_Procedures_20061.pdf

So, he lied about his address so he could keep a salary from another job. Wow, this is HUGE!! Obama is a lock now!!!

Watching Democrats bitchin about Voter Fraud is always a hilarious trip. How many Illegals,Felons,Dead People,and Fictitious Voters will be voting Democrat in 2012? Come on man. Democrats have no room to bitch about Voter Fraud.

How do you get mail to a car?

I suppose you can't.
What the heck does mail have to do with proving identity and voting?

10 to 1 rdean doesn't answer my question even though I answered his.

I'm sure rdean is more than capable of answering this
Evidently, he is not capable, that's why both you and Care4all had to jump in.

but I'd like to jump in. rdean's comment seems to be in reference to your comment about proof of residency, not proof of identity. In the contemporary United States, it is common to provide a piece of mail (such as a utility bill) addressed to one at one's residence in order to demonstrate residency. Living in a tent, one would be unable to provide this convenient proof of residency. Indeed, living in a tent, one would find it difficult or impossible to establish residency: http://www.nlchp.org/content/pubs/Model_ID_Procedures_20061.pdf
I just love how you want to establish living in a tent as some sort of common condition that afflicts a significant portion of voters.

If I understand you, you are saying the poster defended voting fraud by noting that it was somewhat rare and not worth certain limits on voting rights. That is, by suggesting that it is not a big problem, rather than by saying it is no problem at all.

In contrast, some posters have, prior to your question regarding whether anyone had defended the secretary of state, suggested that his alleged actions were not a big deal because they didn't involve a presidential birth certificate, because they didn't involve getting a presidential candidate on the ballot, or because they weren't "wholesale".

It seems that by your standards of "defended", the answer to your question was "yes". I'll concede that they weren't defended very well, but a number of posts did seem intended to minimize the significance of those actions, which seems to fit your definition of "defended".
If that's what you'd like to believe, I can't stop you.

Forum List

Back