GOP Numbs Public: Those Who Create Frankenstein Monsters Shouldn't Throw Stones

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
The GOP has a terrible problem on its hands. They've overused the fear campaign so much that the public is numb. They keep ramping up stories to bash Hillary with as if the public isn't fully aware of why they're doing it. The public knows it's a messy fight so they'll forgive Hillary....and so all the GOP has left is to feature their candidate as "the obvious better choice".

ie, the Cheney/Rove "election strategy" of fear and doom and slashing the opponent relentlessly has fallen flat on its face.

Worse still, the only guy they have to offer the public is Trump! For every real or imagined story they try to magnify into an OMG!! moment about Hillary, Trump outdoes her in OMG!! the next day.

Imagine if you will this scenario: The RNC heads way back last year or so decided to ignore Cheney/Rove plan. Instead, they found a good candidate and promoted him on Fox News instead of Trump. Then this guy, clean record, good family values, likes the workers & making the economy better, genuine and not in the pocket of DC powers...he would simply outshine Hillary on every front. It would be a done deal.

But no. No. The world and the USA are being treated to what appears to be a Kindergarten level terrorist tantrum from conservatives...attacking and attacking and attacking a woman who wouldn't shine otherwise with a better contrast. And they wonder why the moderates are spooking in droves away from voting republican. Who on earth with half a brain (the folks who will decide) would want to be a part of THAT?

For every thread I see about "OMG!! Hillary was doing what politicians always do!!!", the more desperate the GOP looks and the more I feel sorry for their apparently infantile strategists. Have they never read the fable "Never Cry Wolf"? Or how about this saying: "Those in Glass Houses Should Not Throw Stones".

The Rock: Cheney/Rove want a candidate who will meekly take their orders once in Office.

The Hard Place: The Public will always reject such a candidate.

And hence we have Donald Trump as the republican nominee. And if you think he stubbornly won't listen to the Cheney/Rove plan for him to shut his mouth and "just make it to November"...just wait if he makes it to Office. He's going to double down. He is like the Frankenstein monster created in the Cheney/Rove laboratory over the last 3 election cycles. He's busted through his leather straps and is now roaming the countryside scaring the villagers. And the villagers are not going to thank the GOP laboratory for that!

Last edited:
The GOP has a terrible problem on its hands. They've overused the fear campaign so much that the public is numb. They keep ramping up stories to bash Hillary with as if the public isn't fully aware of why they're doing it. The public knows it's a messy fight so they'll forgive Hillary....and so all the GOP has left is to feature their candidate as "the obvious better choice".

ie, the Cheney/Rove "election strategy" of fear and doom and slashing the opponent relentlessly is fallen flat on its face.

Worse still, the only guy they have to offer the public is Trump! For every real or imagined story they try to magnify into an OMG!! moment about Hillary, Trump outdoes her in OMG!! the next day.

Imagine if you will this scenario: The RNC heads way back last year or so decided to ignore Cheney/Rove plan. Instead, they found a good candidate and promoted him on Fox News instead of Trump. Then this guy, clean record, good family values, likes the workers & making the economy better, genuine and not in the pocket of DC powers...he would simply outshine Hillary on every front. It would be a done deal.

But no. No. The world and the USA are being treated to what appears to be a Kindergarten level terrorist tantrum from conservatives...attacking and attacking and attacking a woman who wouldn't shine otherwise with a better contrast. And they wonder why the moderates are spooking in droves away from voting republican. Who on earth with half a brain (the folks who will decide) would want to be a part of THAT?

For every thread I see about "OMG!! Hillary was doing what politicians always do!!!", the more desperate the GOP looks and the more I feel sorry for their apparently infantile strategists. Have they never read the fable "Never Cry Wolf"? Or how about this saying: "Those in Glass Houses Should Not Throw Stones".

The Rock: Cheney/Rove want a candidate who will meekly take their orders once in Office.

The Hard Place: The Public will always reject such a candidate.

And hence we have Donald Trump as the republican nominee. And if you think he stubbornly won't listen to the Cheney/Rove plan for him to shut his mouth and "just make it to November"...just wait if he makes it to Office. He's going to double down. He is like the Frankenstein monster created in the Cheney/Rove laboratory over the last 3 election cycles. He's busted through his leather straps and is now roaming the countryside scaring the villagers.

I must say you just do not like Trump and it is scaring the daylights out of me because you and I never agree on anything except the threat Trump presents!

I still say get those like you to vote for Johnson to send a message to the two party system that is acting like one party and let them know time to clean their damn mess up or more change will come!

I must say you just do not like Trump and it is scaring the daylights out of me because you and I never agree on anything except the threat Trump presents!

I still say get those like you to vote for Johnson to send a message to the two party system that is acting like one party and let them know time to clean their damn mess up or more change will come!

Well that's because I'm not a brainless ideologue who slavishly backs someone who superficially tells me they represent "a conservative". ie, I'm an undecided middle voter.

And, Puff the Magic Dragon doesn't have a chance of getting into the Oval Office. So why piss in the wind? The only messages I'll send are here and now saying "The GOP has to do something and fast".

That being said, if I felt utterly confident that Hillary wouldn't put another Ginsburg, Kagan, Breyer or Sotomayor on the Court, I'd vote for her in a second. But she's on the Rainbow-Dole and would never betray her gravy train, so...yeah...difficult choice for sure...

They should've known Trump would break free and not be able to be contained once he was.

The only way a message gets ent via third party is if they win ala Ventura.........otherwise its an exercise in self righteous blowhardism

Cheney says he will support Trump
Sen. Lindsey Graham, meanwhile, said Friday he would sit this election out because he can't bring himself to vote for either Trump or Hillary Clinton.
Graham said he was a "little bit" surprised when informed by CNN's Dana Bash that Cheney was supporting Trump.
"Dick Cheney's a great man. We see the world a lot alike when it comes to foreign policy. I can understand when people want to support the nominee of the Republican Party. I would like to be able to do that, but I just can't," Graham said. "Maybe I'm the outlier here. Probably am. Cheney says he will support Trump - CNNPolitics.com

Ah, the groveling at Cheney's feet :bowdown: :cranky: See where it got them?

I would feel sorry for republicans but it's not like they had every opportunity to accurately gauge the demographics and mood of the country. I do know how they thought an all negativity, all the time campaign of despair and blame shifting would work. That's just the GOP. Trump comes along with his unending stream of angry bile and magical thinking and we are looking at an extinction event in American politics. I am sure I will not like what replaces the GOP but they have no one but themselves to blame.

I would feel sorry for republicans but it's not like they had every opportunity to accurately gauge the demographics and mood of the country. I do know how they thought an all negativity, all the time campaign of despair and blame shifting would work. That's just the GOP. Trump comes along with his unending stream of angry bile and magical thinking and we are looking at an extinction event in American politics. I am sure I will not like what replaces the GOP but they have no one but themselves to blame.
Well to be fair, that's just the Cheney machine. The GOP by and large are different from him. There aren't many GOP leaders for example, who were raised democrat, married to women also raised democrat, who avidly support gay marriage and who dodged the draft 5 times. I've always found it odd why they defer to him almost reflexively as a group. You'd think they'd know a traitor when they saw one? Personally I think they're all scared shitless of him. That girl-man Lindsey Graham was utterly pissing on himself in that quote from my last post "maybe I'm the only one?? (Did I say that right Dick? Did I?")

You are right though. The "extinction event". It really sums it up. While their T-Rex keeps yukking it up like there's no end in sight.

Well to be fair, that's just the Cheney machine. The GOP by and large are different from him. There aren't many GOP leaders for example, who were raised democrat, married to women also raised democrat, who avidly support gay marriage and who dodged the draft 5 times. I've always found it odd why they defer to him almost reflexively as a group. You'd think they'd know a traitor when they saw one? Personally I think they're all scared shitless of him. That girl-man Lindsey Graham was utterly pissing on himself in that quote from my last post "maybe I'm the only one?? (Did I say that right Dick? Did I?")

You are right though. The "extinction event". It really sums it up. While their T-Rex keeps yukking it up like there's no end in sight.
Donald has adopted the tea party crowd as his base since the mean old establishment does not like him. The GOP is still to blame for letting the teabaggers near the microphones just to win a lousy mid-term election in 2010. What we are seeing is a return the of right wing nationalist populism that the free world rejected in WWII. For a long time nearly all Americans had an instinctive revulsion to political movements based on scapegoating because they had personally seen where they led. Those people are now mostly dead and their children must now learn the same lessons all over again.

Uh we hate Lindsey Graham, I love the middle of the road undecided voter though....lolololol

Donald has adopted the tea party crowd as his base since the mean old establishment does not like him. The GOP is still to blame for letting the teabaggers near the microphones just to win a lousy mid-term election in 2010. What we are seeing is a return the of right wing nationalist populism that the free world rejected in WWII. For a long time nearly all Americans had an instinctive revulsion to political movements based on scapegoating because they had personally seen where they led. Those people are now mostly dead and their children must now learn the same lessons all over again.

So.....you agree that Trump is the Frankenstein monster created in that laboratory? You mean the grumblings within the base of the GOP should not have been allowed to influence each other, to know they existed as a movement outside rumor back in 2010? So, to squelch real misgivings, you'd separate people's voices from one another?

The old guard wasn't the problem. The neocons are. King of those is a dude whose name rhymes with "Zaney".

So.....you agree that Trump is the Frankenstein monster created in that laboratory? You mean the grumblings within the base of the GOP should not have been allowed to influence each other, to know they existed as a movement outside rumor back in 2010? So, to squelch real misgivings, you'd separate people's voices from one another?

The old guard wasn't the problem. The neocons are. King of those is a dude whose name rhymes with "Zaney".
Certainly the Bush people deserve a lot of blame for ruining the republican brand but the shrinking white protestant male demographic was already losing it's numerical/gerrymandered advantage and they had no ideological direction anymore. They adopted the Teabagger bullshit and it won a mid-term but after a while it only exacerbated the problem of a shrinking group of Americans willing to vote for them. Now the party has been hijacked by zealots and haters. They finally changed character so much that democrats look closer to what many were used to going back to Reagan.

Certainly the Bush people deserve a lot of blame for ruining the republican brand but the shrinking white protestant male demographic was already losing it's numerical/gerrymandered advantage and they had no ideological direction anymore. They adopted the Teabagger bullshit and it won a mid-term but after a while it only exacerbated the problem of a shrinking group of Americans willing to vote for them. Now the party has been hijacked by zealots and haters. They finally changed character so much that democrats look closer to what many were used to going back to Reagan.

Don't you suppose the GOP's quiet-acquiescence to gay marriage had anything at all to do with that? Judging by the outrage at the Target Stores overt declaration of support of the LGBT agenda at the expense of women (cost them over $10 billion in net worth in just a few short months), there has been some misunderstanding of the GOP leadership in how their base really, actually, truly feels about this topic. And those sentiments aren't "moderately displeased". They launched to destroy a store chain because of it. Over a million voters signed their names to that boycott and that means probably like 100 million more are also in support of it. What's the rule of thumb the politicians use? If one voter calls them on the phone complaining about an issue, there are 1,000 more behind him that will never call?

Your thoughts? Don't forget, Cheney has a lesbian daughter. Cheney is in favor of gay marriage. Cheney has been advising the GOP thusly: it's a dead issue, most people are on board.. That advice was and is false. And the party is shattering from within as a result of that false advice. Also not true: "all democrats support gay marriage" FAR from it. The truth is most democrats are afraid to voice within their own party how they don't want gay marriage. They choose to express it instead at the polls. Hence the reason 2014 was such a boon for the Congress with the GOP.

The old cloistered white-collar think-tank crowd ought to put on some jeans and a T-shirt once in awhile and get out in the streets and coffee shops to see how the voters in the middle actually stand on issues. Even if it means looking for subtle cues in body language from those afraid to speak up publicly (again, they will at the booth though)

Last edited:

Don't you suppose the GOP's quiet-acquiescence to gay marriage had anything at all to do with that? Judging by the outrage at the Target Stores overt declaration of support of the LGBT agenda at the expense of women (cost them over $10 billion in net worth in just a few short months), there has been some misunderstanding of the GOP leadership in how their base really, actually, truly feels about this topic. And those sentiments aren't "moderately displeased". They launched to destroy a store chain because of it. Over a million voters signed their names to that boycott and that means probably like 100 million more are also in support of it. What's the rule of thumb the politicians use? If one voter calls them on the phone complaining about an issue, there are 1,000 more behind him that will never call?

Your thoughts? Don't forget, Cheney has a lesbian daughter. Cheney is in favor of gay marriage. Cheney has been advising the GOP thusly: it's a dead issue, most people are on board.. That advice was and is false.
Ultimately the decision rested with the supreme court because we may not to put the rights of an unpopular minority up for a popular vote. Conservatives rebelled against the democratic party in the south when blacks were finally granted full civil rights in this country. The republicans welcomed the dixiecrats with open arms and gained control of the south. It worked for them then to include the agenda of a bunch of angry white dumb-asses but this time it blew up in their faces.

Ultimately the decision rested with the supreme court because we may not to put the rights of an unpopular minority up for a popular vote. Conservatives rebelled against the democratic party in the south when blacks were finally granted full civil rights in this country. The republicans welcomed the dixiecrats with open arms and gained control of the south. It worked for them then to include the agenda of a bunch of angry white dumb-asses but this time it blew up in their faces.

Are you talking about polyamorists here? (aka polygamists) Or are you talking about another sexual orientation that gets to marry while they can't? Your GOP people knew the bogus nature of Obergefell. But they sat silent. They knew both Kagan and Ginsburg were publicly "announcing" to the world their bias FOR gay marriage as the case made its way to their Court. Nothing...*crickets*. This "nothingness" in the face of outright judicial tyranny is what has pissed off the GOP base...all the way over to moderate thinking democrats who also reject "gay marriage". And as I said, not mildly either. Though some of them would never admit it outside the voting booth. They wanted someone to fight for their conservative values. But that never happened did it?... on one of the most visceral and pivotal social issues in the last millennium.

Hence the 2016 primary results. Trump's sheep are too lazy to do their homework on the guy. They believe he is too conservative to be for gay marriage; you know, because he said he wasn't (after he said in a couple interviews that he is). You know how that works, he just revises history to his liking in the moment. If he could undo the laws of mathematics and somehow win this election, he would put in place Justices who would reflect his own position in the Trump Tower on things like gay marriage and approval for trannies using women's restrooms there.

Last edited:
Let me guess. Your next post will be about how the Trumpsters don't care one way or the other about gay marriage...that they're mostly concerned with job-creation stateside...while it's widely known that Trump himself farms out numerous Trump products to be manufactured in CHI-NAH. ?

Hmmm.. Would be best to know just how strongly the moderate base feels about such a visceral issue before one miscalculates and dispenses advice based on miscalculations.

Hillary's emails!! Hillary's emails!! Benghazi!! Hillary's emails!!!

"The sky is falling! There's a wolf..no, I swear this time there really was a wolf!!...

...etc. *yawn*....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..

Forum List

Back