GOP Must Decide Where It Stands On Freedom...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Interesting article by Tom Rogan.

With November fast approaching, much of the Republican Party’s focus is absorbed by the presidential contest.

However, there is another critical issue that Republicans must begin considering: When it comes to the most precious of political concerns — freedom — where do we stand?

The tea party movement has helped restore the Republican Party’s traditional focus on keeping taxes low and government small. But at the same time, the Republican brand is being damaged by our hypocrisy on questions of freedom vs. state interference. The GOP is the party that rose to destroy slavery and then 100 years later overcame Southern Democrats to pass the Civil Rights Act. A deep belief in freedom has long been central to Republican ideology. Today, though, our position on freedom resides on less certain ground.

Republicans must ensure that we retain our historic identity.

First, it must be noted that Republicans have a good deal to be proud of, in terms of recent steps to advance individual freedom.

Republicans have been at the forefront of opposition to Obama’s failed, statist management of the economy. Capitalism bounded to law is by far the most successful economic system for human advancement — it serves individuals and society by empowering and rewarding personal endeavor. No Republican should ever be afraid of speaking up for a strong private sector.

In recent years, Republicans have played a critical role in helping protect the rights of gun owners, ensuring that gun laws remain largely in the purview of the states, rather than in the overbroad hands of the federal government...

Read more: GOP must decide where it stands on freedom | The Daily Caller

GOP Must Decide Where It Stands On Freedom...

And let voters know through Romney ads and soon. Start spending some of that money Mitt. We want to see your presidential ads!

If there were a way for a woman to register her uterus as a corporation, the Republicans would not have the slighest interest in regulating it.

There is a bit of a Civil War going on in the Party. The Old-Guard vs. the New-Guard. Right now, the Old-Guard is hanging on by a thread. But I expect them to fall eventually. The times, they really are a changin.

The preublican party that has origionally pushed the Partiot act and keeps pushing for its extension and strentghening?
The new Tea Patty members in congress that overwhelmingly voted to entend and strengthen the partiot act?
That republican party and where it stands on freedoms?

The preublican party that has origionally pushed the Partiot act and keeps pushing for its extension and strentghening?
The new Tea Patty members in congress that overwhelmingly voted to entend and strengthen the partiot act?

I have to agree, their record on Freedom & Liberty has been dismal as of late. But the NWO Globalists are very powerful. They currently own both political parties. Hopefully, more Americans will come to realize that.

If there were a way for a woman to register her uterus as a corporation, the Republicans would not have the slighest interest in regulating it.

:puke:
Sick to death of having your uterus and ovaries thrown into every conversation as if anyone other than YOU obsesses over them.

I have to agree, their record on Freedom & Liberty has been dismal as of late. But the NWO Globalists are very powerful. They currently own both political parties. Hopefully, more Americans will come to realize that.

For the next four years we need jobs and economic stimulation. We cant fight shit if American working folks cant work and provide.

I think Romney / Ryan are the only choice out of the choice.

:puke:
Sick to death of having your uterus and ovaries thrown into every conversation as if anyone other than YOU obsesses over them.

Yes, many do seem to obsess over that one issue. But sadly & ironically, it's these same people who constantly push for Big Brother control over Citizens' lives. And they're the first ones to demand Taxpayers pay for their Abortions as well. They're just pushing their agendas on others, like so many other Americans do. It's exactly what's wrong with our Nation. So few Americans really believe in Freedom & Liberty. It's very sad.

And they're the first ones to demand Taxpayers pay for their Abortions as well. They're just pushing their agendas on others, like so many other Americans do.

I have devolved on this issue.

I am against it as a personal choice for my family.

But it is law and there is the upside of thinning the herd and preventing such a woman from raising children.

What would a .Gov abortion cost ? $2000.00 ???? Project the societal cost for a person brought into such parenting over a lifetime.

I don't see the gop coming around to really supporting freedom

not actual freedoms, b/c if they did, they would lose what control they have. I don't forsee them enacting more vicous crap like the Patriot act anytime soon, but the fact that it's still there, basically unprotested....

I don't see the gop coming around to really supporting freedom

not actual freedoms, b/c if they did, they would lose what control they have. I don't forsee them enacting more vicous crap like the Patriot act anytime soon, but the fact that it's still there, basically unprotested....

The NDAA and coming Internet 'Security' Bill too. Unprotested by most. Both Parties are currently owned by the NWO Globalists. I really do hope this does change though. I'm an optimist at heart.

And Obama and the DNC who continue to use it.

Forum List

Back