GOP Moving the Goal Posts Just in Time For the 2012 Election

Ok so, requiring voters to actually prove they are who they say they are is A) voter suppression and B) directed at Democrats.

been asking for a while now, How is this true? Explain it.

Now we have States making routine changes to voting rules and you all claim it suppresses Democrats and Obama supporters. I REPEAT, explain how that is.

People who are marginal economically - people who've lost their homes, for example, who are couch-surfing, staying with friends, or sleeping in shelters or outside - people who are transients, who have legal problems, who have never had a regular job, who work for cash, under the table, or have substance-abuse problems or mental health issues or have been to jail - these are the people who are prevented from voting by government-issued-photo-ID laws.

Republicans think these people are more likely to vote Democratic if they're able to vote; therefore Republicans want to prevent them from voting.

People who have lost home, or who couch surf, or whatever have no ID?? People with legal trouble or warrants are checked?? Or they have a right to hide?? They are checked for working under the table??

This is probably the dumbest shit I have ever heard

Yeah. I have a little more experience with the world than you. But if being ignorant is your choice, it's your right to choose.

Ok so, requiring voters to actually prove they are who they say they are is A) voter suppression and B) directed at Democrats.

Now we have States making routine changes to voting rules and you all claim it suppresses Democrats and Obama supporters. I REPEAT, explain how that is.

People who are marginal economically - people who've lost their homes, for example, who are couch-surfing, staying with friends, or sleeping in shelters or outside - people who are transients, who have legal problems, who have never had a regular job, who work for cash, under the table, or have substance-abuse problems or mental health issues or have been to jail - these are the people who are prevented from voting by government-issued-photo-ID laws.

Republicans think these people are more likely to vote Democratic if they're able to vote; therefore Republicans want to prevent them from voting.

i have no doubt that the transient, unemployed, mentally unbalanced,crackhead vote is something the founding fathers cherished.

you should sue someone for something.

immediately.

Personally I think you should have to pass a test showing you have a working knowledge of history, civics and current events in order to vote.

That would get rid of most FOX-watchers.

But failing that, excluding people for being down-and-out, mentally ill, or desperately poor is exactly the kind of thing that gives Republicans their reputation for hypocrisy and mean-spirited chauvinism.

What did Jesus say about the down-trodden?

I'd put that on my test.

People who have lost home, or who couch surf, or whatever have no ID?? People with legal trouble or warrants are checked?? Or they have a right to hide?? They are checked for working under the table??

This is probably the dumbest shit I have ever heard

Yeah. I have a little more experience with the world than you. But if being ignorant is your choice, it's your right to choose.

Keep telling yourself that, cupcake... Especially when you have no idea of the person's background you are responding to

One must HAVE a residence to register. One must actually be the person registered and one must actually RESIDE in the district one is registered in.

Pretty simple concepts.

Federal LAW requires all that be fact and provable. The only way to prove it is with ID.

Using your listed criteria above one could easily register in several locations and with the proper help vote in all those locals, how? Because no ID is required and no proof of residence.

Sauce for the Goose Mr Scotty, The Odds will be Even.

The Changes have no effect on Fairness. Complete non story.

Wrong. Flat wrong.

Let me set you straight about Florida's early voting.

In 2008 the law was early voting was conducted 15 days before the election until 2 days before the election. Voting was 8 hrs per day on weekdays and an aggregate of 8 hrs per weekend. That adds up to 96 hrs.

The law now is early voting starts 10 days before the election and ends 3 days before the election. voting to be up to 12 hrs per day. That adds up to...................

You guessed it 96 hrs.

The same amount of time.

And the reason I know this...........it's my job.

Showing ID is Voter Suppression only when your Party gets 20% of its support from vote fraud

Oh please. You know how it's done. Tell me you are only pretending to be stupid.

When voting laws take place, they are for everyone, not one segment of the population. If the voting is for one day only, that is the law for EVERYONE. The Democrats declare that is refusing to let some voters on their side to vote...the same thing can be said for the other side. The argument is foolish.

The same argument goes for the national voter ID being required for voting. It would be the same for everyone. How can the Democrats declare the most people not having an ID are the people that would vote with the Dems? Show me the study. And those without residences are usually Dems? Show me that study. And it had better be recent, well documented with thousands of respondents and their location. And not done by this DOJ or their friends, the BP or Acorn.

I had to show my ID in the 2010 elections, and I voted here in Florida. They scanned my license, and handed me the ballot. It really wasn't a big deal. They didn't question me, or second-guess who I was, or anything. It's not a big deal. I think you should have to prove who you are to vote-it just cracks down on voter fraud.

We've done a good job of that here in FL-all our votes now must have a paper trail. Yes we still pencil our votes in.

Oh please. You know how it's done. Tell me you are only pretending to be stupid.

So you admit you have no answer, thanks for playing.

After the 2000 presidential voting recount fiasco in Florida, one would have hoped that the Republican politicians in that state would be bending over backwards to improve their tarnished image around the nation and the world.

Given that Black, Hispanics and Oriental Americans, who traditionally vote Democratic, will form the majority of the population by 2050, is anyone really surprised that Republicans/Tea Party supporters are already "pulling out all the stops" to delay the inevitable?

Last edited:
tightening up election fraud is always a heartache for some, ..I don't get it, its apolitical.

How does reducing the early voting days help combat election fraud?

Early voting DID help Barack Obama get elected. Democrats came out in droves to vote early, some waiting in lines for up to two hours to vote.

Golly, I wonder if that has something to do with Governor Skeletor's decision to cut early voting days...

The FACTS are that voter ID laws DO disenfranchise some voters. In recent weeks we've heard from at least two or three elderly individuals that have had a difficult time getting photo IDs.

So, to those in favor or these restrictive voter ID laws, how many voters are you willing to disenfranchise with these laws to combat the voter fraud that isn't occurring? What's your acceptable ratio?

tightening up election fraud is always a heartache for some, ..I don't get it, its apolitical.

the rightwingn whining about voter fraud is a fantasy. this is about keeping young people, old people and minorities away from the polls because they vote democratic in vast numbers. it's what the right does.

the rightwingn whining about voter fraud is a fantasy. this is about keeping young people, old people and minorities away from the polls because they vote democratic in vast numbers. it's what the right does.

These "young people, old people and minorities" must not travel on airplanes or get access into most building in New York City either, right?

The FACTS are that voter ID laws DO disenfranchise some voters. In recent weeks we've heard from at least two or three elderly individuals that have had a difficult time getting photo IDs.

So, to those in favor or these restrictive voter ID laws, how many voters are you willing to disenfranchise with these laws to combat the voter fraud that isn't occurring? What's your acceptable ratio?

Voter fraud that isnt occurring.:lmao:

We know that is a line of BS.

you are so concerned about disenfranchisement never stopping to consider that a single fraudulent vote is disenfranchisement.

So you're talking about people who are totally unengaged in the political process and most likely have no clue about the issues of the day or where a given candidate stands? So you want to make special effort to get these people who could care less registered and to the polls? How do you motivate these people to vote? Would it be thru the promise of gubmint handouts if they vote for the "right" person? I'm thinking yes. God help us!

I have no idea what is required when someone applies for various forms of welfare, but I can't imagine (naivete?) they don't have to show some kind of ID in order to qualify. If that is the case, I don't have any sympathy for people complaining about the need to acquire proper ID to vote.

If Republicans had policies they could be proud of, they would run on them. But they know they are bad for America. That's is why they are behind all this voter suppression. They're a dirty party.

Even when shown there's like 80 voter convictions out of a couple of hundred million votes, they will still use that as an excuse. They don't have anything else. They won't say, "Hey, we're dirty. We will screw the entire country to protect our rich friends. A dirty party plays dirty tricks". That would be too honest.

Kind of like the Democrats having policies they are so proud of that they dont even mention them in an election year, and instead opt to stoke the fires of class warfare to win re-election?

Forum List

Back