GOP more concerned with insurance industry than consumers

Willow, go back to the damn post. That was the answer to the question I asked. You don't know and neither does your congress or something. I wasn't asking congress, I was asking Willow. And I fucking apologized. How did I take your words out of context?

Congress is whom? or is it who?? you are supposed to be asking.. Hello,, make them have answers or don't step blindly where they lead you.. haven't we American citizens learned that lesson by now??????

Understood. :cool:

What would such a system provide? The prestigious Institute of Medicine, part of the National Academy of Sciences, has defined five criteria for healthcare reform. Coverage should be: universal, not tied to a job, affordable for individuals and families, affordable for society, and it should provide access to high-quality care for everyone.

Do you think people should be able to opt out of certain coverages within plans?
With most plans, you can do that. As far as making sure you have a job in order to apply and receive benifits from any company, what would you suggest? If I was a CEO for a medical insurance company, I would want assurance that my customers had the ability to pay their monthly dues. Simple business sense.

Are you sure? Where are the numbers?

JG....we have the best.....its just getting access to it for many....and if you cant obtain it,then to that person it may not be so great.....but tell me how many non-American companies or govts have contributed more or the same to the advancement of medical knowledge and technology over the last century,that this country collectively has....

Oh, no doubt. That wasn't the point of the exercise. I was trying to get something other than talking points from Hilda.

well good luck with that....:lol:

Well yeah we are concerned with the insurance industry. Because if you put it out of business the people are going to be screwed out of health care.

You can buy all the healthcare you want. For now, your government does not tell you you can't have it.

Sure....key statement....one can "buy" all the healthcare they want. So if you've got the money, honey, I've got the time. Money talks, BS walks. That's just great if you have the money. But if you don't...you're doomed in the US. I work in healthcare. I've witnessed the negligence of practitioners (sad but true), giving substandard care to those who they know will never pay, or who are uninsured. And if they can't afford health insurance, odds are great that they can't afford an attorney to sue for malpractice.

I'm not sure what the answer is. Honestly...I think that this country has created a monster (figuratively speaking) in practitioners. Some are used to making an immense amount of money, and by increasing the number of those on public health insurance will surely mean a decrease in their salaries. They have established a lifestyle, and though it may seem like a lot of money to the common man, (even with a decrease) a practitioner has grown accustomed to it. It is understandable that they are upset because they have worked incredibly hard to get to where they are.

As liberal as I am, I also work in healthcare and am for a certain degree of tort reform. Maybe if these men and women (who average about 100K patients per practitioner) didn't have to pay so much in malpractice insurance, the decrease wouldn't seem so substantial. But healthcare in the country is an absolute mess.

No one answer for this complex industry is the right answer.

Forum List

Back