GOP members offer amendment to force Congress to participate in public option

Your assumption is wrong, Dev. Politicians wouldn't be covered under the single payer system. They will have plenty of options that aren't offered to you, or I.
Most of the politicians don't want the single payer system for their coverage...that does mean Dems, also.

Wrong? If we had universal coverage and a single payer system,w e would all be part of the same plan...excepting any private insurance people add on.

I think the GOP is playing games with a life and death issue and the Dems are trying to get simething passed...anything, that can be built on later. We in America need health care reform and we need universal access to care. We are a wealthy society and the dog eat dog attitude of many is reprehensible and un-American.

I do not begrudge others a plan that would cover extras, whatever that would be, but there must be a standard of access that assures people in this great and wealthy nation do not die because of denial of access to health care or go bankrupt because they get ill.

WHY was the Republican Amendment not even allowed? Why was it defeated?

because it was stupid and showed that republicans didn't even understand the point of the public option

The Dems are showing their outright hypocrisy here. Sen. Charles Grassley is pushing this amendment. They want to force this health bill on the rest of the country, but will not subject themselves to it. It's disgusting.

Wrong? If we had universal coverage and a single payer system,w e would all be part of the same plan...excepting any private insurance people add on.

I think the GOP is playing games with a life and death issue and the Dems are trying to get simething passed...anything, that can be built on later. We in America need health care reform and we need universal access to care. We are a wealthy society and the dog eat dog attitude of many is reprehensible and un-American.

I do not begrudge others a plan that would cover extras, whatever that would be, but there must be a standard of access that assures people in this great and wealthy nation do not die because of denial of access to health care or go bankrupt because they get ill.

WHY was the Republican Amendment not even allowed? Why was it defeated?

because it was stupid and showed that republicans didn't even understand the point of the public option

Or maybe the democrats thought it was stupid, because it doesn't have a public option. I think most Americans, not including you do understand the "public option."
That's what the survey says, anyways.

Bad idea!!

BAD BAD BAD!!!

The nation is too deep in debt to take care of Pelosi's face!!

Bad idea.

Forum List

Back