GOP May Not Support Extension of Payroll Tax Holiday

"Equal" is such a relative term.

Is 0% taxation on a dollar earned equal to 35% taxation on a dollar earned??

No...

What you advocate is SUBJECTIVE equal treatment... so that you can scream for equal treatment when it benefits you, and justify unequal treatment when it justifies you.... you also love the SUBJECTIVE concept of fairness, because with that sliding scale, you can argue for anything that benefits you at the expense of others as well

Hahahah.

The progressive system is fair/equal in that its the dollars that are taxed, not the person. We both are taxed the same rate on our 10,000th earned and are both taxed the same on our millionth dollar earned. The rates between the two amounts vary, but it doesn't matter who you are, the tax rate on the actual dollar never changes. Seems fair.

I know you aren't going to see it that way.

Yes, that is exactly how I see it as well... And exactly how it is.

So the Repubs DON'T have a problem raising taxes :eusa_whistle: Oh, thats right, its only on wage-earners not dividends :rolleyes:

hey dufus, there is ALREADY a baked inot the shitcake called obamacare a 3.8% increase on all investment income...get with it .

Last edited:
Hahahah.

The progressive system is fair/equal in that its the dollars that are taxed, not the person. We both are taxed the same rate on our 10,000th earned and are both taxed the same on our millionth dollar earned. The rates between the two amounts vary, but it doesn't matter who you are, the tax rate on the actual dollar never changes. Seems fair.

I know you aren't going to see it that way.

Is dollar #10K of person A taxed the same was as dollar #200K of person B? Is dollar #10K of person C from wages taxed the same was as dollar #10K from person D as capital gains??

No

All dollars are not taxed the same as income

You're about as dumb as they come... or you blindly lie to support this class warfare bullshit

Fair is SUBJECTIVE, asshole... equal treatment is not

LOL, name calling help you get your point across?

We both earn 10,000 we get taxed the same. We both earn 1 million dollars, we get taxed the same. Fair.

You want to compare the rates that are applied to the 10,000 dollar and the 1,000,000 dollar and cry about that being unfair. Its not, but you want to see it that way. No one is treating you or me any differently. Like I said...."Equal" is a relative term.

I will agree with you though about income taxes and income derived from capital gains. They are not taxed the same and there needs to be a fix for that.

so in your world there is no reward for assuming risk? wonderful. :lol:

What'll happen if the repubs pass a payroll tax extension and pay for it with some other way than the tax hike on the rich? I'm guessing the dems say no; so who's playing politics then?

If the Democrats counter with an offer to split the difference, half paid for with cuts, half with a smaller tax hike on the high earners??

what happened to Paygo? :eusa_whistle:

As noted in the Fox News article linked to in the original post, Democrats are proposing paying for the tax cut/holiday by raising taxes on the wealthy. As also alluded to in the article, the Bush tax cuts were huge violations of the principal of PAYGO (PAYGO - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Indeed, it seems as though the PAYGO statute was allowed to expire in substantial part so that the Bush tax cuts could be passed.

The Bush tax cuts were passed through reconciliation. Yea, THAT reconciliation. The SAME reconcilation that Republicans said would be bad for the country. It's why the tax cuts were only good for 10 years. Seems reconciliation is only good if it helps the rich. I guess it's part of their "values".

thats right DoDo, the very same reconciliation that the dems could have used to create a budget ( but reid didn't want a budget did he? he wanted the debt ceiling fight, don't make me post this same shit again please) not that it matters becasue they had a supra majority anyway. :lol:

so wheres the budget? over 1300 days now since the last one....wheres Obamas plan?
The house passed a budget. well?

So Paygo???whats up with that?

Is dollar #10K of person A taxed the same was as dollar #200K of person B? Is dollar #10K of person C from wages taxed the same was as dollar #10K from person D as capital gains??

No

All dollars are not taxed the same as income

You're about as dumb as they come... or you blindly lie to support this class warfare bullshit

Fair is SUBJECTIVE, asshole... equal treatment is not

We both earn 10,000 we get taxed the same. We both earn 1 million dollars, we get taxed the same. Fair.

You want to compare the rates that are applied to the 10,000 dollar and the 1,000,000 dollar and cry about that being unfair. Its not, but you want to see it that way. No one is treating you or me any differently. Like I said...."Equal" is a relative term.

I will agree with you though about income taxes and income derived from capital gains. They are not taxed the same and there needs to be a fix for that.

Risk is going deeply into debt in school to get an education, getting a job, getting married, buying a home, having kids...

...and risking that you'll have that job, or at least other ones, to afford it all.

That is what real risk taking is.

Risk is going deeply into debt in school to get an education, getting a job, getting married, buying a home, having kids...

...and risking that you'll have that job, or at least other ones, to afford it all.

That is what real risk taking is.

wow, and hows THAT working out? jobs? not so good, homes? not so good, education is the next bubble- not so good either.

so investment isn't a risk huh?:lol:

maybe obama ought to call up mark facebook, do another facebook gig, they are going to have an IPO, mark is in store to collect as his piece, oh, 20% of the $24 Billion it might bring....yup, wall st, facebook etc.he'll expect more donation cash and of courses theres the 7 trillion Timmy gave out under the table, man, that makes those bankers nice and grateful huh? does OWS know obama is whore to the 1% too? :rolleyes:

go back to sleep dude....

The Republicans realized that not supporting the payroll tax cut would reveal who they really represent.

They can't be too obvious in an election year.

The Republicans realized that not supporting the payroll tax cut would reveal who they really represent.

They can't be too obvious in an election year.

you really are a nitwit, you're not fooling are you? read what I wrote, right above your head, your holy obama is just as big a whore as the rest of them, wake up.

And when the GOP does extend the Payroll Tax Holiday,Durbin and his followers will not apologize or thank the GOP for doing so. It's all just feigned outrage bullshot. The GOP will extend it and as usual Durbin will look like the dishonest ass he is. The man should have been run out of Congress a long time ago.

So:
A) the payroll tax cut is so small it doesn't matter; or
B) it's so large it'll break social security; or
C) Republicans mindlessly repeat whatever they're told to say, no matter how ridiculous.
dont forget
D) many Democrats also mindlessly repeat whatever they're told to say, no matter how ridiculous.

Kyl: GOP May Not Support Extension Of Payroll Tax Holiday | Fox News

Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois, the second-ranking Democrat in the Senate, said not extending the payroll tax holiday will amount to a tax increase of $1,500 for the average family.
"If we don't provide the tax relief that President Obama has asked for, families are going to see an increase in taxes," said Durbin, who appeared with Kyl. "I can't believe that at a time when working families in this country are struggling paycheck to paycheck, when we need them to have the resources to buy thing in our economy, to create wealth and profitability and more jobs, that the Republican position is, they'll raise the payroll tax on working families? I think that just defies logic."

The Norquist Pledge - pledge -- signed by 236 House lawmakers and 41 senators

Does Grover have a problem taxing the Middle Class?

Don't tax the rich. They make jobs. Only they aren't. Odd that.

You'll be screaming about the shortfall in the Social Security Trust Fund next and blaming it on Republicans. It's funded via the Payroll Tax. Or does this not even enter your mind?

Forum List

Back