GOP May Not Support Extension of Payroll Tax Holiday

R

rdean

Kyl: GOP May Not Support Extension Of Payroll Tax Holiday | Fox News

Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois, the second-ranking Democrat in the Senate, said not extending the payroll tax holiday will amount to a tax increase of $1,500 for the average family.
"If we don't provide the tax relief that President Obama has asked for, families are going to see an increase in taxes," said Durbin, who appeared with Kyl. "I can't believe that at a time when working families in this country are struggling paycheck to paycheck, when we need them to have the resources to buy thing in our economy, to create wealth and profitability and more jobs, that the Republican position is, they'll raise the payroll tax on working families? I think that just defies logic."

The Norquist Pledge - pledge -- signed by 236 House lawmakers and 41 senators

Does Grover have a problem taxing the Middle Class?

Don't tax the rich. They make jobs. Only they aren't. Odd that.

The Republicans do not support extending this tax cut, because they know it will help the economy.

And they are doing everything in their power to ruin the economy before the election.

But it won't work.

The economy is recovering and will continue to do so.

Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois, the second-ranking Democrat in the Senate, said not extending the payroll tax holiday will amount to a tax increase of $1,500 for the average family.
"If we don't provide the tax relief that President Obama has asked for, families are going to see an increase in taxes," said Durbin, who appeared with Kyl. "I can't believe that at a time when working families in this country are struggling paycheck to paycheck, when we need them to have the resources to buy thing in our economy, to create wealth and profitability and more jobs, that the Republican position is, they'll raise the payroll tax on working families? I think that just defies logic."

what happened to Paygo? :eusa_whistle:

So the Repubs DON'T have a problem raising taxes :eusa_whistle: Oh, thats right, its only on wage-earners not dividends :rolleyes:

No, you fucking idiot... there are a ton of conservatives that support equal treatment by law under government by having a flat EQUAL tax rate on every dollar earned by every citizen with zero exceptions, deductions, or loopholes....
It's people like your fucking dumb ass that will complain when someone gets a cut off a burden rate that you don't have to pay because of the efforts done to support unequal treatment and class warfare...

As noted in the Fox News article linked to in the original post, Democrats are proposing paying for the tax cut/holiday by raising taxes on the wealthy. As also alluded to in the article, the Bush tax cuts were huge violations of the principal of PAYGO (PAYGO - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Indeed, it seems as though the PAYGO statute was allowed to expire in substantial part so that the Bush tax cuts could be passed.

What'll happen if the repubs pass a payroll tax extension and pay for it with some other way than the tax hike on the rich? I'm guessing the dems say no; so who's playing politics then?

Is this the tax holiday that needs to be extended or the world will end.
Is this the tax holiday that allowed me to live like a King for these last 6 months,8 months.

or

Is this the Great Obama allowing me to keep $18.00 more.

Per week....that's right folks

Geez.What a guy.

The payroll tax is to support Social Security. It is in fact an income tax, but is different than the Federal Income Tax!

"The problem here is that the payroll tax doesn't go into general revenue, it supports Social Security. And you can't keep extending the payroll tax holiday and have a secure Social Security. That's the first problem," Kyl told "Fox News Sunday."

Read more: Kyl: GOP May Not Support Extension Of Payroll Tax Holiday | Fox News

Is this the democrats way of saying we dont want to pay for our retirement either? We spent it back in 65 so we dont care?

As noted in the Fox News article linked to in the original post, Democrats are proposing paying for the tax cut/holiday by raising taxes on the wealthy. As also alluded to in the article, the Bush tax cuts were huge violations of the principal of PAYGO (PAYGO - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Indeed, it seems as though the PAYGO statute was allowed to expire in substantial part so that the Bush tax cuts could be passed.

This was just an overkill. I am sure this Trajan person didnt deserve that.

Dean why dont you moan about it....when it happens.....was Republican happenings slow today?......

The current payroll tax cut--(social security) going from the standard 6.2% down to 4.2%--one would need a magnifying glass to figure out how much more that added to their take home pay---:lol::lol: 2 cents on every dollar earned in a tax cut is non-recognizable. Therefore--it is only there for Barry's campaign reelection strategy.

The only thing it does do--is create more of a deficit to the social security fund.

The current payroll tax cut--(social security) going from the standard 6.2% down to 4.2%--one would need a magnifying glass to figure out how much more that added to their take home pay---:lol::lol: 2 cents on every dollar earned in a tax cut is none recognizable. Therefore--it is only there for Barry's campaign reelection strategy.

The only thing it does do--is create more of a deficit to the social security fund.

I wonder how they think lowering the take home at retirement is a good thing.

Isnt what you pay in a determining factor on what you can take out?

The current payroll tax cut--(social security) going from the standard 6.2% down to 4.2%--one would need a magnifying glass to figure out how much more that added to their take home pay---:lol::lol: 2 cents on every dollar earned in a tax cut is none recognizable. Therefore--it is only there for Barry's campaign reelection strategy.

I wonder how they think lowering the take home at retirement is a good thing.

Isnt what you pay in a determining factor on what you can take out?

I guess they'll worry about that later---:lol::lol::lol:--and more than likely blame Boooossssshhhhh for it.

Yeah, they really aren't job creators.

The Bush tax cuts were passed through reconciliation. Yea, THAT reconciliation. The SAME reconcilation that Republicans said would be bad for the country. It's why the tax cuts were only good for 10 years. Seems reconciliation is only good if it helps the rich. I guess it's part of their "values".

I don't know about this but Republicorp is between a rock & a hard place it would seem

Michael Tomasky: GOP Is Set to Self-Destruct Over Payroll Tax - The Daily Beast
Because the Democrats want to pay for it with a small surtax on the very top earners. So the choice couldn’t be more direct: which is more important, giving the middle class a tax cut or protecting those who make more than $1 million a year? Republicans are making it clear. This vote alone should destroy them.

Forum List

Back