GOP looking to weaken financial regulation law

These are the people who are lobbying the GOP & getting what they want:
Subprime mortgage crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Policymakers did not recognize the increasingly important role played by financial institutions such as investment banks and hedge funds, also known as the shadow banking system. Some experts believe these institutions had become as important as commercial (depository) banks in providing credit to the U.S. economy, but they were not subject to the same regulations

Oh, that's what did it.

How do you fit in "bankrupt insurance companies, derivatives, 70% of mortgage markets moved to Wall Street, and bundled securities sold overseas into "Freddie/Fannie"?

Hold on. Let me get some popcorn. This outta be "good".:popcorn:
Thats what Fox & the WSJ tells him. Odd that both of those outlets are owned by the same individual :eusa_eh: :lol:

Tell me, Dear, what do Fannie and Freddie do? Can you tell me in your own words, since you're so educated?

Here you go Mrs. 57 ;) :
The Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission reported in 2011 that Fannie & Freddie "contributed to the crisis, but were not a primary cause." GSE mortgage securities essentially maintained their value throughout the crisis and did not contribute to the significant financial firm losses that were central to the financial crisis. The GSEs participated in the expansion of subprime and other risky mortgages, but they followed rather than led Wall Street and other lenders into subprime lending.

Thats what Fox & the WSJ tells him. Odd that both of those outlets are owned by the same individual :eusa_eh: :lol:

Tell me, Dear, what do Fannie and Freddie do? Can you tell me in your own words, since you're so educated?

Here you go Mrs. 57 ;) :
The Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission reported in 2011 that Fannie & Freddie "contributed to the crisis, but were not a primary cause." GSE mortgage securities essentially maintained their value throughout the crisis and did not contribute to the significant financial firm losses that were central to the financial crisis. The GSEs participated in the expansion of subprime and other risky mortgages, but they followed rather than led Wall Street and other lenders into subprime lending.

No, idiot. "In your own words" means without throwing out a link.

Well because wall street boardrooms stand to gain huge profits at the expense of others OF COURSE they want to do this.

So is it a good idea to weaken The Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act?

No, it is definitely not a good idea to weaken it.

It needs to be repealed immediately.
Agreed. People need to wise up and take some responsibility for themselves and stop whining to mommy government everytime they fail at life at their own hand.

Equal outcome for life will NEVER be possible no matter how big government gets. Didn't the USSR teach anyone anything?

Here you go Mrs. 57 ;) :

Are you Frank 57? Anyway, facts are facts. Why is it that conservatives cringe from data/facts? :eusa_eh: :lol: BTW- Get bent. I wasn't talking to you anyway flame boy.

Last edited:
Well because wall street boardrooms stand to gain huge profits at the expense of others OF COURSE they want to do this.

What's the problem with Wall St making huge profits?
You griped when they lost tons of money. You gripe when they make money. There is no satisfying some people.

100% of the mortgage market should be in banks and on Wall Street, the government should have 0%, not 90% like they currently do

partnercosigner.jpg

"What's the problem with Wall St making huge profits?"

Because wall street is a sham. Always has been. Glad I dont invest.

What's the problem with Wall St making huge profits?
You griped when they lost tons of money. You gripe when they make money. There is no satisfying some people.

You have it SO WRONG, we don't "gripe" when capitalist speculators who never did a day's honest productive work in their lives lose their own ill-gotten gains. We gripe when we taxpayers have to pay them back for their losses so that they can non-productively speculate again the very next day and get rich again on our taxpayer's dime, and never pay us back, but instead use their money to buy Republicans to lower their taxes even further.

You wouldn't know an honest day's work from a hole in the wall.
Who's fault was it the banks got bailed out? Did they vote on it or something?

Are you Frank 57? Anyway, facts are facts. Why is it that conservatives cringe from data/facts? :eusa_eh: :lol:

I wasnt aware this was a closed conversation. Take it to PM if it is.
Yoy wouldn't know a fact from a fork.
Why can you not answer Frank's question?

I pulled the carpet out from under his argument. Pay closer attn.

Why am I wasting my time explaining things to a conservative sheeple? I've seen your vacuous posts elsewhere @ the board and avoid wasting my time w/ you for a reason. Mkay? Good ;)

Last edited:
You cant call what people working on wall street do a job. More like a SCAM. And the middle class bails it out. Of course, middle class to the rescue. Yes this is class warfare.

Here you go Mrs. 57 ;) :

So you don't know what the two biggest organizations, the epicenters, the financial black holes of the housing market collapse do, is that right, Dear?

Do you feel you can tell me in one or two simple sentence in your own words? This is for your own benefit because as long as you senselessly copy stuff from Google you'll never have true ownership of the knowledge.

Take your time, just 2 sentences ok?

Forum List

Back