GOP Leader states Obamabucks not racist!

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
The story about Diane Fedele, the president of the Republican women's club in San Bernardino County who came up with "Obama Bucks," is making the rounds. Plenty of people are outraged. Others, like Rightpundits, say yeah, it's crummy, but claim the imagery may be losing its power. Fedele told The Times:

"If I was racist, I would have looked at it through racist eyes," she said. "I am not racist, which is why it probably didn't register."

Club member Kristina Sandoval agreed.

"None of us are racists," she said.

The use of watermelon, ribs and fried chicken was innocent, she said.

"Everyone eats those foods, it's not a racial thing."

That's not how club member Acquanetta Warren -- a Fontana city councilwoman and an African American -- saw it.

"My daughter who is 16 was standing over my shoulder when I opened the e-mail, and her mouth dropped wide open," Warren said. "I actually turned the screen away and sent her to her room so she wouldn't see. I don't want to talk to anyone; I want a written apology so the public knows that this is not right and this is not representative of the way Republicans think."

She's known Fedele a long time and is shocked by the newsletter.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/10/17/jim_crow_is_alive_and_well.jpg

GOP club offers 'Obama Bucks' while Democrats rib Palin | L.A. Now | Los Angeles Times

Now.....given the history of how black people have been treated over the years, as well as the disparaging remarks that have been made about Kool-Aid, ribs, fried chicken and watermelon, as they relate to blacks in America, how in the hell can these brain-dead, racist idiots of the GOP claim anything different?

It's not so much anymore that Bush Jr. and McInsane and Pale One are going to be the ones to tear apart the GOP, it's going to be the stupidity of their followers as evidenced here.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/10/17/jim_crow_is_alive_and_well.jpg

GOP club offers 'Obama Bucks' while Democrats rib Palin | L.A. Now | Los Angeles Times

Now.....given the history of how black people have been treated over the years, as well as the disparaging remarks that have been made about Kool-Aid, ribs, fried chicken and watermelon, as they relate to blacks in America, how in the hell can these brain-dead, racist idiots of the GOP claim anything different?

It's not so much anymore that Bush Jr. and McInsane and Pale One are going to be the ones to tear apart the GOP, it's going to be the stupidity of their followers as evidenced here.

Just Republicans being Republicans, I'm just glad that they have to finally show their true colors. Way to take us back 50 years

Some racism is unintentional and racism nonetheless but not malicious in intent.

The same sort of thing could be said of a picture objectifying women (or men).

It looks like everyone agrees that the obamabucks were stoopid and the people who made them, clueless.

You should have seen the interviews that CNN ran. The man and the woman responsible for putting them out wouldn't even come out of their houses. Their daughter even said it wasn't racist while she was on the news.

Nope.....this environment of fear and hate that Bush and his merry band of morons started has spilled into McInsane's campaign, and is now spreading throughout the GOP.

Maybe in that other thread "Can you spot the Republican", where it showed a person in a KKK outfit wasn't too far off. Especially in light of this.

The use of watermelon, ribs and fried chicken was innocent, she said

LOL

Riiiight. Depicting a black man, water melon, and fried chicken was all so very innocent.

Here's a tip for republicans that are always whining about why 90% of african americans won't vote for them. Bookmark this page. And also, remember that there are more than a few republicans on this board who flat out denied that a caricature of a black man with watermelon was racist.

And also ask yourselves, how many jewish americans would vote for your party if your party activists and party leaders routinely and frequently used images of jewish stereotypes, or if your party defended the display of the Nazi flag in the way you defend the display of the confederate flag.

Do you think 90% of jewish americans would vote against your party? I think so.

Forum List

Back