GOP lawmaker: Virtually impossible to get AIDS through heterosexual sex

Homosexuality and AIDS - Conservapedia
"Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM) represent approximately 2% of the US population, yet are the population most severely affected by HIV and are the only risk group in which new HIV infections have been increasing steadily since the early 1990s. In 2006, MSM accounted for more than half (53%) of all new HIV infections in the United States..."[2] In August of 2009, LifeSiteNews reported: "An official with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced the CDC's estimate Monday that in the United States AIDS is fifty times more prevalent among men who have sex with men ('MSM') than the rest of the population."[3] Of newly diagnosed HIV infections in the United States during the year 2003, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) estimated that about 63% were among men who were infected through sexual contact with other men.[4]
reference citations are on the linked page

Oh, and your source is dated 1999.

Your source is Conservapedia. ROFLMAO! Please tell me you're trying to be ironic.

It appears you're too fucking stupid to look at the source of the comments on Conservapedia. Items 2, 3 and 4...
2 - The CDC - HIV among Gay and Bisexual Men
3 - LifeSiteNews - AIDS Rate 50 Times Higher in Homosexual Men: Center for Disease Control
4 - HIV Prevalence, Unrecognized Infection, and HIV Testing Among Men Who Have Sex with Men --- Five U.S. Cities, June 2004--April 2005 - CDC

The CDC is the source of the information. You're a moron if you discount it because of where I happened to find that information.

there are intellectual midgets on both sides Dickless Fuck.

Remember this Dem?

Rep. Hank Johnson: Guam could 'tip over and capsize'
hank_johnson_25jul08.jpg
Oh my god... Don't get me started. That Admiral DESERVES respect for answering how he did.

Edit: Retarded. Tribal. Monkeys.

He deserves a medal. I'd have just stared for a second or two, and then started laughing.

Liberals are as enraged today over the fact that men and women in monogamous heterosexual relationships who do not otherwise use illegal IV drugs do not get AIDS absent a deliberate act by a third party. AIDS was supposed to explode among heterosexuals, except it didn't, not ever.

AIDS is most prevalent among gays because the concept of deliberately getting or giving AIDS exists only among gays. There is no subset of heterosexuals that call themselves bug chasers or gift givers like there is among gays.

Where would you left wing hypocrites be without tax exempt Media Matters cherry picking statements from every republican politician in every state in the Union? It beats having to defend Barry Hussein I guess.

And these people don't want to see anyone get comprehensive sex ed.

GOP lawmaker: Virtually impossible to get AIDS through heterosexual sex | The Raw Story

Tennessee state Sen. Stacey Campfield (R) falsely claimed on Thursday that it was nearly impossible for someone to contract AIDS through heterosexual contact.

“Most people realize that AIDS came from the homosexual community,” he told Michelangelo Signorile, who hosts a radio program on SiriusXM OutQ. “It was one guy screwing a monkey, if I recall correctly, and then having sex with men. It was an airline pilot, if I recall.”

“My understanding is that it is virtually — not completely, but virtually — impossible to contract AIDS through heterosexual sex.”

This was basically the Reagan meme.

One of the more positive things about George W. Bush..is that he knew better. He probably saved millions in Africa.

One doesn't have to be pro-LBGT to be anti-AIDS. Personally I don't care about anyone's private life, don't think the state should have input either. Get the state out of marriage business and the whole brouhaha goes away. Not so with AIDS. Any fool who thinks heteros are immune, read up.

I may be conservative, but I'm not a fool. BTW, rape victims can be impregnated. Which is why if the police bring a rape victim to a Catholic Hospital, a D & C will be performed with the victim's consent. Yes, the Catholic hospitals, will perform a D & C for rape and/or incest. Pregnancies that endanger the life of the mother? Always have been left up to the mother, in Catholic teaching. A pregnancy that threatens life of the mother, may mean that other children would be 'motherless' if life not spared. Thus, choice left to mother.

I was taught the same back in the 70's.

I have "read up." AIDS is a disease of homosexuals, IV drug users and their partners. If you're a normal heterosexual, your chances of getting HIV is virtually zero.

Ah, the innocence of ignorance.

Most Aids victims are homosexual, but to say that it's virtually impossible for a heterosexual is a lie.

WTF is wrong with these people?

To say that most AIDS victims are gay is a lie.

Getting it Straight: HIV as a Gay Disease Is a Myth That Refuses to Die

I guess the CDC is full of shit and your source is Golden.
The CDC claims the rate among gays is substantially higher, not that there are more gay HIV+ than straight HIV+.

Of course...when you sleep with someone, you are sleeping with everyone they ever slept with....and not all monogamous relationships (marriage) are really monogamous. As we were told in a STD lecture....what do people lie about more than anything else......Sex.

By far and away the percentage of gays with AIDS surpasses heterosexuals with AIDS. Someone saying they are in a monogamous relationship when they are lying about it is not the same as actually being in a monogamous relationship. Someone in a monogamous (really monogamous and not lying about it) heterosexual relationship who is not otherwise an IV drug user has a virtual zero chance that they will contract AIDS.

I guess the CDC is full of shit and your source is Golden.
The CDC claims the rate among gays is substantially higher, not that there are more gay HIV+ than straight HIV+.
incorrect.

Basic Statistics | Statistics and Surveillance | Topics | CDC HIV/AIDS
HIV Incidence Estimate

Incidence is the number of new HIV infections that occur during a given year.
Incidence is the number of new HIV infections that occur during a given year. CDC estimates that approximately 50,000 people are newly infected with HIV each year in the United States. In 2009 (the most recent year that data are available), there were an estimated 48,100 new HIV infections.[1] Most (61%) of these new infections occurred in gay and bisexual men. Black/African American men and women were also strongly affected and were estimated to have an HIV incidence rate than was 7 times as high as the incidence rate among whites. Visit the HIV incidence page for more details.

1 Prejean J, Song R, Hernandez A, Ziebell R, Green T, et al. (2011) Estimated HIV Incidence in the United States, 2006-2009. PLoS ONE 6(8): e17502. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0017502

U.S. Statistics
Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM)1 are strongly affected and represent the majority of persons who have died.

By far and away the percentage of gays with AIDS surpasses heterosexuals with AIDS. Someone saying they are in a monogamous relationship when they are lying about it is not the same as actually being in a monogamous relationship. Someone in a monogamous (really monogamous and not lying about it) heterosexual relationship who is not otherwise an IV drug user has a virtual zero chance that they will contract AIDS.

All of this is very different than saying that AIDS is virtually impossible to get from heterosexual sex.

Homosexuality and AIDS - Conservapedia

reference citations are on the linked page

Oh, and your source is dated 1999.

Your source is Conservapedia. ROFLMAO! Please tell me you're trying to be ironic.

It appears you're too fucking stupid to look at the source of the comments on Conservapedia. Items 2, 3 and 4...
2 - The CDC - HIV among Gay and Bisexual Men
3 - LifeSiteNews - AIDS Rate 50 Times Higher in Homosexual Men: Center for Disease Control
4 - HIV Prevalence, Unrecognized Infection, and HIV Testing Among Men Who Have Sex with Men --- Five U.S. Cities, June 2004--April 2005 - CDC

The CDC is the source of the information. You're a moron if you discount it because of where I happened to find that information.

Conservapedia is below Daily Kos and yet a post from their site would be met with nothing but derision so get down off your cross...someone needs the wood.

there are intellectual midgets on both sides Dickless Fuck.

Remember this Dem?

Rep. Hank Johnson: Guam could 'tip over and capsize'
hank_johnson_25jul08.jpg
Oh my god... Don't get me started. That Admiral DESERVES respect for answering how he did.

Edit: Retarded. Tribal. Monkeys.

He deserves a medal. I'd have just stared for a second or two, and then started laughing.
I would have laughed right away... Until I saw he was serious. And then it wouldn't have been pretty. I have to justify something to YOU??? I am not capable of doing that mans job. He kept his cool under... OMG... No... I'm not starting on this again.

Forum List

Back