GOP keeps congress in session to block any Presidential Appointments

This is why neither side should be in power. Neither side can act like grown ups. Neither side can put country over party.

Both sides - on this board - should be ashamed of themselves for their stupid tit for tat, Mommy, he did it too behavior.

Sorry dear but when the left whines about the right doing something they themselves did, I am going to ask the idiots complaining if they complained when the left did it. You see that makes them hypocrites if they did not complain then too.

As to this particular thing, I have been clear in 3 thread now, Congress should not pull this shit.

I'm just bored with both sides pretending it's justifiable because the other guy did it too. What we should do is for Americans (and I mean all of us, regardless of party) to tell congress "this far and no more. We will not put up with any more bullshit from any of you - and none of you is too big to fail"

But we won't, because as a country, we are just not smart or courageous enough.

So, since the GOP has left 1 or 2 people back (while everyone else goes home), which effectively limits the president from doing anything, they're bitching about Obama going on vacation? Fuck.......he can't do shit in DC, so he may as well be on vacation until Congress comes back.

And.......if you wanna bitch about him going to Martha's Vineyard, think about this..........the GOP frontrunner (Mitt Romney) is ALSO going to be there around the same time as Obama.

Also.......let's talk about his expansion of his house..........

Were you upset when Reid did it to Bush?

READING COMPREHENSION Retarded Grungy Shithead.........I stated that since the GOP has blocked Obama and he can't do anything, why SHOULDN'T he be on vacation?

I also asked why Mitt Romney was bitching about Obama being at Martha's Vineyard (apparently, according to Romney, Obama has lost touch with the people by being at such an exclusive location) when HE'S gonna be there at the same time as Obama?

And expanding his mansion by over 4 times it's current size because it doesn't work? How many common people do you know that own a mansion, much less are able to expand it by 4 times it's original size?

Because toilet bowl moron, Romney isn't going to MV on the taxpayer's dime, that's why he gets to bitch about it.. and his house expansion isn't on the taxpayer's dime either, therefore it's none of your damn business.

Its not the first time its been done.

It sure as hell won't be the last via both parties.

IF President Clinton let Osama bin Laden go - it was BEFORE 9/11.

President George W. Bush let him go - AFTER 9/11.

Clinton Passed on Killing bin Laden?

Q: Did Bill Clinton pass up a chance to kill Osama bin Laden?

A: Probably not, and it would not have mattered anyway as there was no evidence at the time that bin Laden had committed any crimes against American citizens.

FULL QUESTION

Was Bill Clinton offered bin Laden on "a silver platter"? Did he refuse? Was there cause at the time?

MORE: Clinton Passed on Killing bin Laden? | FactCheck.org
FACT if clinton had killed bin laden there might never had been a 9/11

This is why neither side should be in power. Neither side can act like grown ups. Neither side can put country over party.

Both sides - on this board - should be ashamed of themselves for their stupid tit for tat, Mommy, he did it too behavior.

Grown ups would say there should be no recess appointments, that all need to go through the Senate vetting.

The reason? In an effort to block President Obama from making recess appointments—which the Constitution allows presidents to do—Congressional Republicans have kept Congress technically in session.

Overall, President Obama has made relatively few recess appointments. The New York Times noted that he’s made 15—which the White House openly announced last year, citing "Republican obstruction"—compared to President Bush’s 171 and President Clinton’s 139 recess appointments.

While on Summer Recess, Congress Blocks Recess Appointments

Now come on, tell me this isn't one dirty, fucked up political party. Republicans say he doesn't know how to lead. Those fuckers hate that Black Man's guts. He hasn't done anything to deserve this except be born black. Worse, Republicans handed this president the worst mess any political party has ever handed to a new president and then called him names and obstructed everything he's tried to do the help the middle class. One dirty, fucked up party. Go ahead, put me in the flame zone. But it's the truth. Facts don't lie.

And they keep asking me, "Why you so mean to Republicans". Well, why are them mean to "humanity". Thought they were all full of Jesus. But it ain't Jesus they're full of.

Oh I don't know, they handed Carter a pretty messed up economy in 1977.

I guess they don't remember all the recess appointment President Bush Made. Oh well what comes around goes around.
I wonder if there is a way to force the member to actually hold sessions...

The reason? In an effort to block President Obama from making recess appointments—which the Constitution allows presidents to do—Congressional Republicans have kept Congress technically in session.

Overall, President Obama has made relatively few recess appointments. The New York Times noted that he’s made 15—which the White House openly announced last year, citing "Republican obstruction"—compared to President Bush’s 171 and President Clinton’s 139 recess appointments.

While on Summer Recess, Congress Blocks Recess Appointments

Now come on, tell me this isn't one dirty, fucked up political party. Republicans say he doesn't know how to lead. Those fuckers hate that Black Man's guts. He hasn't done anything to deserve this except be born black. Worse, Republicans handed this president the worst mess any political party has ever handed to a new president and then called him names and obstructed everything he's tried to do the help the middle class. One dirty, fucked up party. Go ahead, put me in the flame zone. But it's the truth. Facts don't lie.

And they keep asking me, "Why you so mean to Republicans". Well, why are them mean to "humanity". Thought they were all full of Jesus. But it ain't Jesus they're full of.

So, since the GOP has left 1 or 2 people back (while everyone else goes home), which effectively limits the president from doing anything, they're bitching about Obama going on vacation? Fuck.......he can't do shit in DC, so he may as well be on vacation until Congress comes back.

And.......if you wanna bitch about him going to Martha's Vineyard, think about this..........the GOP frontrunner (Mitt Romney) is ALSO going to be there around the same time as Obama.

Most of the noise I am seeing about Obama being on vacation is coming from the professional left that is upset because he is not doing enough to further their agenda.

Really? Because Perry, Bachmann and Romney have ALL attacked Obama on this.

Were you upset when Reid did it to Bush?

READING COMPREHENSION Retarded Grungy Shithead.........I stated that since the GOP has blocked Obama and he can't do anything, why SHOULDN'T he be on vacation?

I also asked why Mitt Romney was bitching about Obama being at Martha's Vineyard (apparently, according to Romney, Obama has lost touch with the people by being at such an exclusive location) when HE'S gonna be there at the same time as Obama?

And expanding his mansion by over 4 times it's current size because it doesn't work? How many common people do you know that own a mansion, much less are able to expand it by 4 times it's original size?

Because toilet bowl moron, Romney isn't going to MV on the taxpayer's dime, that's why he gets to bitch about it.. and his house expansion isn't on the taxpayer's dime either, therefore it's none of your damn business.

Bullshit.........Romney attacked Obama for MV because he said that Obama was too elitist and out of touch with the common people. Doesn't matter whose dime it's on, because Romney is a hypocrite that has NO IDEA about the middle class.

Remember, this idiot thinks corporations are people.

He also claimed to be unemployed.

Wanna talk about him faking getting his ass grabbed?

Grown ups would say there should be no recess appointments, that all need to go through the Senate vetting.

:clap2:

The purpose of the recess appointment was to keep the government functioning in an emergency, not so that the president could appoint a bunch of people rather than get the advise and consent of the Senate. When the Constituion was written if could literally take months to get everyone back to confirm an appointment, so the founders wrote in a stop gap measure so that the government would not crippled if someone died. In this day and age, with Congress being in session most of the year anyway, and it being possible to get everyone back within hours, recess appointments are an anachronism. The Constitution should be amended to eliminate them.

Most of the noise I am seeing about Obama being on vacation is coming from the professional left that is upset because he is not doing enough to further their agenda.

Really? Because Perry, Bachmann and Romney have ALL attacked Obama on this.

Yep. That is three, would you like a list of left leaning pundits that have attacked him on it, or does the mere fact that you have not been paying attention trump reality?

So what 2 wrongs make a right.

Recess appointments are never a good thing no matter who does it.

ALL and I mean ALL presidential appointees should be vetted by Congress.

Forum List

Back