GOP keeps congress in session to block any Presidential Appointments

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rdean, Aug 23, 2011.

1. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,995
    The reason? In an effort to block President Obama from making recess appointments—which the Constitution allows presidents to do—Congressional Republicans have kept Congress technically in session.

Overall, President Obama has made relatively few recess appointments. The New York Times noted that he’s made 15—which the White House openly announced last year, citing "Republican obstruction"—compared to President Bush’s 171 and President Clinton’s 139 recess appointments.

While on Summer Recess, Congress Blocks Recess Appointments

Now come on, tell me this isn't one dirty, fucked up political party. Republicans say he doesn't know how to lead. Those fuckers hate that Black Man's guts. He hasn't done anything to deserve this except be born black. Worse, Republicans handed this president the worst mess any political party has ever handed to a new president and then called him names and obstructed everything he's tried to do the help the middle class. One dirty, fucked up party. Go ahead, put me in the flame zone. But it's the truth. Facts don't lie.

And they keep asking me, "Why you so mean to Republicans". Well, why are them mean to "humanity". Thought they were all full of Jesus. But it ain't Jesus they're full of.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    the constitution also allows congress to decide to stay in session, Even if it is to Block recess appointments

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. BDBoop

BDBoop BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,006
    I am so fed up with them and their shit.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. HenryBHough

HenryBHough Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,227
    So Democrats weren't skookum enough to figure that out and you're upset?

Seems like not only the party ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer but we've just seen the work of a strong candidate for the dullest!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  5. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    While I agree that much like the power to filibuster the GOP has taken blocking recess appointments to an all-time extreme level, this is still the same shit Reid did to Bush.

6. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    Yep, how horrible of them to Stay In session and not go on Vacation. How Horrible of them wanting to exercise their Constitutional right to Advise and Consent.

You guys are ridicules. Your Party failed miserably in Congress since 2007, Your President has failed Miserably, All you have left is straws to grasp at, and Republicans to hate. It is sad.

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Payback is always a bitch:
    From the article that rdean's link was based on:

Senate blocks Obama from making recess appointments during August break | Philip Klein | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

8. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    Reid blocks Bush from making recess appointments after he had already make nearly 200 of them. Obama has made 15.

But yeah, it's all about "payback"

Heh if that's the case boy are you righties going to be howling when all the shit the GoP has pulled in the last two and a half years comes back around full circle.

9. HenryBHough

HenryBHough Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,227

Jeez, will you please KNOCK IT OFF?

The Vineyard is a small island. We're going to have enough trouble cleaning up all the crap when The New Messiah folds his tent and slinks away. We really can't afford to have much of Congress vacation here at the same time. Besides, we don't got near enough shovels. Worse, you're no longer allowed to dump that shit in the ocean. Damn EPA.

10. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,995
    Yea, because Republican policies have been shown to work. Remember, they got 98% of everything they wanted.

You can start off with every single Republican policy in the last 20 years and you can't find a single one that's been successful. Republicans even let Bin Laden go.

I think my all time favorite was when they fired lawyers from the Justice Department and replaced them with "Bible School Graduates".