GOP keeps congress in session to block any Presidential Appointments

R

rdean

The reason? In an effort to block President Obama from making recess appointments—which the Constitution allows presidents to do—Congressional Republicans have kept Congress technically in session.

Overall, President Obama has made relatively few recess appointments. The New York Times noted that he’s made 15—which the White House openly announced last year, citing "Republican obstruction"—compared to President Bush’s 171 and President Clinton’s 139 recess appointments.

While on Summer Recess, Congress Blocks Recess Appointments

Now come on, tell me this isn't one dirty, fucked up political party. Republicans say he doesn't know how to lead. Those fuckers hate that Black Man's guts. He hasn't done anything to deserve this except be born black. Worse, Republicans handed this president the worst mess any political party has ever handed to a new president and then called him names and obstructed everything he's tried to do the help the middle class. One dirty, fucked up party. Go ahead, put me in the flame zone. But it's the truth. Facts don't lie.

And they keep asking me, "Why you so mean to Republicans". Well, why are them mean to "humanity". Thought they were all full of Jesus. But it ain't Jesus they're full of.

the reason? In an effort to block president obama from making recess appointments—which the constitution allows presidents to do—congressional republicans have kept congress technically in session.

Overall, president obama has made relatively few recess appointments. The new york times noted that he’s made 15—which the white house openly announced last year, citing "republican obstruction"—compared to president bush’s 171 and president clinton’s 139 recess appointments.

while on summer recess, congress blocks recess appointments

now come on, tell me this isn't one dirty, fucked up political party. Republicans say he doesn't know how to lead. Those fuckers hate that black man's guts. He hasn't done anything to deserve this except be born black. Worse, republicans handed this president the worst mess any political party has ever handed to a new president and then called him names and obstructed everything he's tried to do the help the middle class. One dirty, fucked up party. Go ahead, put me in the flame zone. But it's the truth. Facts don't lie.

And they keep asking me, "why you so mean to republicans". Well, why are them mean to "humanity". Thought they were all full of jesus. But it ain't jesus they're full of.

the constitution also allows congress to decide to stay in session, Even if it is to Block recess appointments

The reason? In an effort to block President Obama from making recess appointments—which the Constitution allows presidents to do—Congressional Republicans have kept Congress technically in session.

Overall, President Obama has made relatively few recess appointments. The New York Times noted that he’s made 15—which the White House openly announced last year, citing "Republican obstruction"—compared to President Bush’s 171 and President Clinton’s 139 recess appointments.

Now come on, tell me this isn't one dirty, fucked up political party. Republicans say he doesn't know how to lead. Those fuckers hate that Black Man's guts. He hasn't done anything to deserve this except be born black. Worse, Republicans handed this president the worst mess any political party has ever handed to a new president and then called him names and obstructed everything he's tried to do the help the middle class. One dirty, fucked up party. Go ahead, put me in the flame zone. But it's the truth. Facts don't lie.

And they keep asking me, "Why you so mean to Republicans". Well, why are them mean to "humanity". Thought they were all full of Jesus. But it ain't Jesus they're full of.

I am so fed up with them and their shit.

So Democrats weren't skookum enough to figure that out and you're upset?

Seems like not only the party ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer but we've just seen the work of a strong candidate for the dullest!

Last edited:
While I agree that much like the power to filibuster the GOP has taken blocking recess appointments to an all-time extreme level, this is still the same shit Reid did to Bush.

Yep, how horrible of them to Stay In session and not go on Vacation. How Horrible of them wanting to exercise their Constitutional right to Advise and Consent.

You guys are ridicules. Your Party failed miserably in Congress since 2007, Your President has failed Miserably, All you have left is straws to grasp at, and Republicans to hate. It is sad.

Payback is always a bitch:
From the article that rdean's link was based on:

Senate blocks Obama from making recess appointments during August break | Philip Klein | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

Senate blocks Obama from making recess appointments during August break
By: Philip Klein | Senior editorial writer Follow Him @Philipaklein | 08/02/11 8:37 PM

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., announced that the chamber would be in "pro forma" sessions throughout August, effectively blocking President Obama from making any recess appointments.

Among other possibilities, the move will prevent Obama from appointing a new head of the controversial Consumer Financial Protection Bureau as well as a new member of the National Labor Relations Board, which has a vacancy opening up later this month.

As I reported yesterday, the Republican-controlled House used a procedural move to help force this issue. Though it's the Senate that must confirm presidential appointments, under the U.S. Constitution, it cannot adjourn for more than three days without the approval of the House. The House adjourned yesterday, but will remain open in so- called "pro forma" sessions.

When Democrats took over Congress in 2007, Senate Majority Leader Reid blocked Bush from making any recess appointments by holding such sessions, which could last as little as a few seconds, with the clerk opening the chamber and a Senator striking a gavel to close it.

Payback is always a bitch:

Reid blocks Bush from making recess appointments after he had already make nearly 200 of them. Obama has made 15.

But yeah, it's all about "payback"

Heh if that's the case boy are you righties going to be howling when all the shit the GoP has pulled in the last two and a half years comes back around full circle.

Yep, how horrible of them to Stay In session and not go on Vacation. How Horrible of them wanting to exercise their Constitutional right to Advise and Consent.

Jeez, will you please KNOCK IT OFF?

The Vineyard is a small island. We're going to have enough trouble cleaning up all the crap when The New Messiah folds his tent and slinks away. We really can't afford to have much of Congress vacation here at the same time. Besides, we don't got near enough shovels. Worse, you're no longer allowed to dump that shit in the ocean. Damn EPA.

The Vineyard is a small island. We're going to have enough trouble cleaning up all the crap when The New Messiah folds his tent and slinks away. We really can't afford to have much of Congress vacation here at the same time. Besides, we don't got near enough shovels. Worse, you're no longer allowed to dump that shit in the ocean. Damn EPA.

Yea, because Republican policies have been shown to work. Remember, they got 98% of everything they wanted.

You can start off with every single Republican policy in the last 20 years and you can't find a single one that's been successful. Republicans even let Bin Laden go.

I think my all time favorite was when they fired lawyers from the Justice Department and replaced them with "Bible School Graduates".

Yea, because Republican policies have been shown to work. Remember, they got 98% of everything they wanted.

You can start off with every single Republican policy in the last 20 years and you can't find a single one that's been successful. Republicans even let Bin Laden go.

I think my all time favorite was when they fired lawyers from the Justice Department and replaced them with "Bible School Graduates".

You're lovely, I'm sure, but when in hell are you going to swim on over and help clean up after your boy after he walks across the water to git on home?

And I like your justification for the coming replacement of "lawyers" with Sharia Law practitioners. Damn clever, that.

I'm sure most of us remember how this deranged warmongering wingnut became Ambassador to the United Nations:

bolton.jpg

Bush Names Bolton U.N. Ambassador in Recess Appointment

I.

so did Clinton

Clinton and Bin Laden

Did you feel the same way when Reid did it to Bush? That is right, Senator Reid held the Senate to a similar plan under Bush. Did you or Rdean feel bad about it then?

So, since the GOP has left 1 or 2 people back (while everyone else goes home), which effectively limits the president from doing anything, they're bitching about Obama going on vacation? Fuck.......he can't do shit in DC, so he may as well be on vacation until Congress comes back.

And.......if you wanna bitch about him going to Martha's Vineyard, think about this..........the GOP frontrunner (Mitt Romney) is ALSO going to be there around the same time as Obama.

Also.......let's talk about his expansion of his house..........

So, since the GOP has left 1 or 2 people back (while everyone else goes home), which effectively limits the president from doing anything, they're bitching about Obama going on vacation? Fuck.......he can't do shit in DC, so he may as well be on vacation until Congress comes back.

And.......if you wanna bitch about him going to Martha's Vineyard, think about this..........the GOP frontrunner (Mitt Romney) is ALSO going to be there around the same time as Obama.

Were you upset when Reid did it to Bush?

Were you upset when Reid did it to Bush?

READING COMPREHENSION Retarded Grungy Shithead.........I stated that since the GOP has blocked Obama and he can't do anything, why SHOULDN'T he be on vacation?

I also asked why Mitt Romney was bitching about Obama being at Martha's Vineyard (apparently, according to Romney, Obama has lost touch with the people by being at such an exclusive location) when HE'S gonna be there at the same time as Obama?

And expanding his mansion by over 4 times it's current size because it doesn't work? How many common people do you know that own a mansion, much less are able to expand it by 4 times it's original size?

IF President Clinton let Osama bin Laden go - it was BEFORE 9/11.

President George W. Bush let him go - AFTER 9/11.

Clinton Passed on Killing bin Laden?

Q: Did Bill Clinton pass up a chance to kill Osama bin Laden?

A: Probably not, and it would not have mattered anyway as there was no evidence at the time that bin Laden had committed any crimes against American citizens.

FULL QUESTION

Was Bill Clinton offered bin Laden on "a silver platter"? Did he refuse? Was there cause at the time?

MORE: Clinton Passed on Killing bin Laden? | FactCheck.org

Forum List

Back