GOP Is On Pace For Lowest Election Year Approval "Ever"

R

rdean

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw

Americans Prefer Democrats as The GOP Is On Pace For Lowest Election Year Approval Ever

The Republican Party has been on a nine year losing streak that has seen it post higher negatives than positives since the first year of George W. Bush’s second term in office.

The media narrative that Obama’s approval ratings are dragging down the Democratic Party continues to be vastly exaggerated. In the latest poll, the president’s approval rating split matches up with his party (44%-49%). Obama’s numbers are likely the factor that is keeping the Democrats out of positive territory, but approval ratings are relative, and the president and his party are in much better shape than their opponents.

Republican base is old white men, and these voters show up for midterms.

Democrats have an opening. The Republican Party remains at historically high levels of unpopularity.

------------------------------------------------------------------

See what I'm saying? When you get dragged into the mud everyone gets dirty and Republican like being dirty. Every thing they touch they drag down into the mud.

Lightstalkers_16_large.JPG

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw

Americans Prefer Democrats as The GOP Is On Pace For Lowest Election Year Approval Ever

The Republican Party has been on a nine year losing streak that has seen it post higher negatives than positives since the first year of George W. Bush’s second term in office.

The media narrative that Obama’s approval ratings are dragging down the Democratic Party continues to be vastly exaggerated. In the latest poll, the president’s approval rating split matches up with his party (44%-49%). Obama’s numbers are likely the factor that is keeping the Democrats out of positive territory, but approval ratings are relative, and the president and his party are in much better shape than their opponents.

Democrats have an opening. The Republican Party remains at historically high levels of unpopularity.

See what I'm saying? When you get dragged into the mud everyone gets dirty and Republican like being dirty. Every thing they touch they drag down into the mud.

^ Spot Dean in there. He used to be a Republican, he said so himself

Hi CF I think it depends what level of Government the candidates are seeking office.

For Governors, we have more Republicans than Democrats serving at that level.

Personally I believe the Democrat focus on "diversity and inclusion of minority interests" is better for community relations and TAKING IN grievances and input from constituents.
So I think the Democrat/Liberal approach works better on LOCAL levels with INDIVIDUALIZED representation per community or issue, not trying to generalize policies.

And the Republican focus on Rule of Law (shifting governance localized where it is democratically decided by the people while keeping federal govt limited at the top)
is more suitable for EXECUTIVE positions where power should be concentrated and used judiciously only where necessary for national defense and interests. Only where people AGREE on a statewide or national level should laws be implemented to reflect CONSENSUS.
So that is very limited, and the rest should be represented and delegated LOCALLY instead.

Where I think America is heading is delegating different roles to different leadership styles and organizing this by PARTY. Instead of competing for the same offices, leaders should be trained to work in TEAMS to cover all bases, include all constituents, and represent all people and states without discrimination, exclusion, coercion or manipulation.

When people talk about the public's low approval rating for "Congress" , it is misleading. When the public thinks "Congress" they think "Washington D.C. establishment and the federal government. ask the people to rate the job the "federal government is doing?" same low numbers.

Doesn't matter. Thanks to their gerrymandering, stealing votes, buying votes, Rs don't have to campaign, don't have to run and voters don't have to vote for them.

And Rs don't have to show up to work their 126 days a year.

No matter how you vote, the Rs will feed at the public trough for the rest of their lives.

Let's see how far the mainstream media is willing to stick it's neck out supporting the Hussein administration while long time liberal democrats like Dianne Feinstein criticize the former community activist.

because Democrats are so much better........Democrats governing out here aint something to brag about.....ill stick with 3rd Party people.....

Last poll I seen Republicans were favored over Democrats by 5% points. That was on Morning Joe from MSNBC BTW.

And yet, Republicans are going to have more seats after the elections than before.

Probably. Republicans always turn out to vote against their own self interests. They have done nothing but fuck ups for the last 15 years. That's the record they run on.

And yet, Republicans are going to have more seats after the elections than before.

Probably. Republicans always turn out to vote against their own self interests. They have done nothing but fuck ups for the last 15 years. That's the record they run on.

Yet still the results will be the same,funny thing about your totally ignorant position,Dems & Indies will vote out Dems and vote in Repubs,so its not just Republicans.

Yet still the results will be the same,funny thing about your totally ignorant position,Dems & Indies will vote out Dems and vote in Repubs,so its not just Republicans.

Until the presidential elections. Republicans can't always get by on a record of failure. And their voters are aging and dying. Oops.

Right! That the RePUGS are losing is a foregone conclusion! And you ain't seen nuthin' yet!

New Topics

Forum List

Back