GOP is making sure that student loan debt is crushing young people

Plenty of people get college degrees without attending full time

and attending full time only results in about 52% of college students actually getting a degree....

More than double the rate of part-time students.

Irrelevant.

I gave a link can you ?

If nothing else half of those people entering college should not have bothered

They could have used that money they wasted on 2 or 3 years of tuition much more productively
Yeah buy beer guns and vote Republican .

what would two or three years worth if tuition money wasted by not getting a degree be worth?

The average private college tuition is 50K

So let's say your bright eyed kid enrolls in college and like 50% of all freshmen never graduates with a degree

Instead of shelling out 150K on nothing he could have saved up for a down payment on a home, or started a business, or got some training for a job in the trades

But I guess it's better for 50% of all freshmen who enroll in college to rack up debt and get absolutely nothing for it
Even with the G.I. Bill and some money from where I work by the time I finished college I owed $56,000.
Not only did I pay that off but I raised a family and I retired at 63.
I retired a senior design engineer from a company that built custom equipment. I trained at least a dozen good engineers before I retired.
If you go to college and you get a degree in Scottish clog dancing then yeah you’re going to have a problem getting a good job.
But if you have a degree in Scottish clog dancing then you’re probably going to do better than a Republican who didn’t even finish high school.
But it’s not all about college you could become an electrician or a plumber and make a very good living.

The problem with Republicans is that they just don’t believe in education. No matter what it is.

If Republicans did believe in education they wouldn’t vote into office people who cut funding for job training. Not just College, Republicans cut funding. How else are you going to pay for tax cuts for billionaires?
Actually, no you won't do better than a Republican who didn't go to school because his daddy got him the job. I know a lot of guys who's fathers hooked them up right after high school. These guys don't know what the real world is like because their fathers handed them a great life. They don't even realize their own white privilege. I was talking to my republican cop buddy the other day. He doesn't care that college isn't affordable now in fact he didn't pay for college when he went in the 90's. His daddy paid for it. And he's a cop in a union who's going to get a pension and that's what allows his ignorant ass to be conservative. He was bragging about how Sean and Bill and Brian all did really well for themselves without college. Then I reminded him how they got those jobs. He didn't care because it doesn't fit his narrative.

Anyways, I've realized that Republicans are all greedy selfish bastards. I am one of them now. I can't worry about college kids student loans. When it turns out only 40% of 18 year olds show up to vote, fuck them. When only 40% of poor people show up every 2 years, fuck them. When women vote for Republicans and Republicans want to do away with affirmative action and equal pay for equal work, fuck em.

These people are the ones that will benefit from these liberal policies not me. So why should I care? I tried. I showed up and voted Democratic every 2 years for 28 years. How the fuck are Republicans in charge today? So sorry Dean, but fuck liberals. I may agree with you guys but you are not smart enough as a group to show up and vote, I have to cut my ties with you all. Sorry. I'l still vote Democratic but I have to say liberals are losers. Most of them anyways.

The anti-Republican circle jerk here is pretty amusing. None of you really have any fucking clue what you're talking about. The fact of the matter is Trump and DeVos are right to want to cut back on student loans because they are the number one driver in the inflation of tuition costs. The more loan money the federal government hands out like candy, the more colleges hike their tuition rates. They don't care if you default on your loans. It doesn't affect them at all. They have their money and they keep asking for more as long as you can borrow more. Compared to 30 years ago, administrative staff, who offer no direct benefit to the students, has ballooned. You've got professors making higher salaries for teaching fewer classes. You've got graduation requirements that are completely irrelevant to your degree path. I went all the way through graduate school and have an MBA. I have seen it first hand. The New York Times did a very informative piece on this a few year ago

Opinion | The Real Reason College Tuition Costs So Much

Meanwhile, we have a shortage in skilled labor: plumbers, contractors, electricians, welders, etc. all jobs that pay decent money that one can make a living in without going tens of thousands of dollars into debt, because schools keep pushing students into an unnecessary college career and perpetuation this stigma that if you don't go to college you're some kind of loser.

We don't need more people in college. We do, in fact, need less, and our high school education needs to be a hell of a lot better because we have one of the worst performing public education systems in the industrialized world.
With teachers like unkotare are you surprised?

Dem student loan bill fails | TheHill

Senate Republicans blocked consideration of a bill that would allow people to refinance their student loan debt in a 56-38 vote on Wednesday.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) authored S. 2432, the Bank on Students Emergency Loan Refinancing Act, which would allow more than 25 million people to refinance their student loans to today’s lower interest rates of less than 4 percent.

Democrats have been pushing their “fair shot” agenda ahead of the November elections by holding votes on student loans, raising the minimum wage and ensuring women have equal pay for equal work — but Republicans have blocked all of legislative measures.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Republicans could do something to help the middle class. Then again, maybe not.
How does anyone 18-21 who wants to go to school either not show up and vote or vote Republican?

Nation’s Top Student Loan Official Resigns | HuffPost

The top government official overseeing the $1.5 trillion student loan market resigned Monday, citing what he says is the White House’s open hostility toward protecting the nation’s millions of student loan borrowers.

“The damage you have done to the Bureau betrays these families and sacrifices the financial futures of millions of Americans in communities across the country,” Frotman said.

“The damage you have done to the Bureau betrays these families and sacrifices the financial futures of millions of Americans in communities across the country,” Frotman said.

The top government official overseeing the $1.5 trillion student loan market resigned Monday, citing what he says is the White House’s open hostility toward protecting the nation’s millions of student loan borrowers.

Protect them from what? Paying back what they borrowed for their overinflated tuition?
Getting ripped off by banks. But that's the American Way!

Banks? LOL!

View attachment 213818
Student Loan Debt Statistics 2018 | The Student Loan Report
They are acting like banks, it's the American Way. Rip everyone off.

What is Direct Loan? From the university?

The Federal government is acting like a bank?

Anyways, I've realized that Republicans are all greedy selfish bastards. I am one of them now. ....

Bobobrainless is most certainly NOT a Republican, but I do not think that all democrats are ignorant, uneducated, illogical, arrested-development douche bags like bobo. Most, but not all.

Good for the Republicans!! . :thup:
Yeah keep them stupid they’ll vote Republican.

That's why the Chicago Public Schools pump out so many Republican voters, eh comrade?
School makes people stupid?

Then how do we explain you?

Chicago Public Schools aren't churning out too many geniuses.

What do you need explained?

Senate Republicans blocked consideration of a bill that would allow people to refinance their student loan debt in a 56-38 vote on Wednesday.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) authored S. 2432, the Bank on Students Emergency Loan Refinancing Act, which would allow more than 25 million people to refinance their student loans to today’s lower interest rates of less than 4 percent.

Democrats have been pushing their “fair shot” agenda ahead of the November elections by holding votes on student loans, raising the minimum wage and ensuring women have equal pay for equal work — but Republicans have blocked all of legislative measures.

How does anyone 18-21 who wants to go to school either not show up and vote or vote Republican?

Nation’s Top Student Loan Official Resigns | HuffPost

Protect them from what? Paying back what they borrowed for their overinflated tuition?

Back in 2015, the Obama administration issued a memo that prevented debt collectors from charging high interest rates on overdue student loans. So long as the borrower entered the government’s loan-rehabilitation program within 60 days of defaulting, agencies of the old, bank-based Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP) were forbidden from charging up to 16 percent of personal and accrued interest.

Back in 2015, the Obama administration issued a memo that prevented debt collectors from charging high interest rates on overdue student loans.

Something like 80% of outstanding student debt was borrowed from the Federal government.

So long as the borrower entered the government’s loan-rehabilitation program within 60 days of defaulting,

What does any of that have to do with this whiner resigning in 2018 because Trump is mean?

I did it.

Work full time
Go to school part time

Get a degree no debt

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you're an ignorant Baby Boomer because only people your age make such a stupid comparison between the cost of schooling in your generation and mine.

Nope I'm Gen Xer

And you can still go to school part time while you work full time

Where is it written in the holy scripture that you must complete a college degree in the 4 years immediately after high school?

I got 2 Bachelors' degrees and my MBA while holding a full time job

I guess as a liberal minded person, we want to make college more affordable not less so poor people can go. So MORE people can go. Your way, less people will go. I guess Republicans are ok with dumbing down our society. They/You want to keep the masses uneducated. It's easier to pay someone without a college degree less. You small business owners need manual labor. If the masses can't afford to go to college, they'll just come work for you for the crumbs you will provide a person like that.

Universities and colleges struggle to stem big drops in enrollment - The Hechinger Report

But you are right. College is a business and they can charge whatever they want. If people stop going then they'll be forced to lower their prices.

University of Phoenix's angle is that a busy working person with a family can attend their college. I should start another private for profit school that is also accredited but just charge $10K a year. That's what they were about 10 years ago now I hear they are $20K a year. WTF? Why did their prices double? People should stop signing up.

What made college expensive is the everyone has to go to college mentality

Not everyone has to go to college.

In fact only about half of all college freshman receive a degree after 6 years

So this should tell you that about half of all people who enroll in college shouldn't have wasted their money

You would think that if EVERYONE is going to college it would lower the costs. Schools should have tons of money.

You would think that if EVERYONE is going to college it would lower the costs.

No, only an idiot would think that massively expanding demand, especially with government funds, would lower the cost.

That's why the Chicago Public Schools pump out so many Republican voters, eh comrade?

It made my brother a millionaire and me pretty well off

Wasteful Chicago educational spending did that? Tell me more!

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you're an ignorant Baby Boomer because only people your age make such a stupid comparison between the cost of schooling in your generation and mine.

Nope I'm Gen Xer

Where is it written in the holy scripture that you must complete a college degree in the 4 years immediately after high school?

I guess as a liberal minded person, we want to make college more affordable not less so poor people can go. So MORE people can go. Your way, less people will go. I guess Republicans are ok with dumbing down our society. They/You want to keep the masses uneducated. It's easier to pay someone without a college degree less. You small business owners need manual labor. If the masses can't afford to go to college, they'll just come work for you for the crumbs you will provide a person like that.

Universities and colleges struggle to stem big drops in enrollment - The Hechinger Report

But you are right. College is a business and they can charge whatever they want. If people stop going then they'll be forced to lower their prices.

University of Phoenix's angle is that a busy working person with a family can attend their college. I should start another private for profit school that is also accredited but just charge $10K a year. That's what they were about 10 years ago now I hear they are $20K a year. WTF? Why did their prices double? People should stop signing up.

So this should tell you that about half of all people who enroll in college shouldn't have wasted their money

You would think that if EVERYONE is going to college it would lower the costs. Schools should have tons of money.

You would think that if EVERYONE is going to college it would lower the costs.

No, only an idiot would think that massively expanding demand, especially with government funds, would lower the cost.
What about free market capitalism? University of Phoenix a for profit college spread out across the country. Next thing you know you have all these other for profits competing with traditional schools.

How come that didn’t lower costs?

We have to remember when bush sent all those union jobs overseas, that also fucked college grads who are not in unions. They worked at tier 1-3 suppliers of the big three. Long story short is that’s why manufacturing jobs are so valuable

Wasteful Chicago educational spending did that? Tell me more!
Michigan. My brother went to MSU and is now a vp of a Fortune 500

My bachelors has opened doors and I’m debt free making lots of $ at 47

I did it.

Work full time
Go to school part time

Get a degree no debt

Nope I'm Gen Xer

What happens when everyone in the world wants something?

The price goes UP when demand is high not down

Plenty of people get college degrees without attending full time

and attending full time only results in about 52% of college students actually getting a degree....

More than double the rate of part-time students.

Irrelevant.

I gave a link can you ?

If nothing else half of those people entering college should not have bothered

They could have used that money they wasted on 2 or 3 years of tuition much more productively
Yeah buy beer guns and vote Republican .

what would two or three years worth if tuition money wasted by not getting a degree be worth?

The average private college tuition is 50K

So let's say your bright eyed kid enrolls in college and like 50% of all freshmen never graduates with a degree

Instead of shelling out 150K on nothing he could have saved up for a down payment on a home, or started a business, or got some training for a job in the trades

But I guess it's better for 50% of all freshmen who enroll in college to rack up debt and get absolutely nothing for it
Even with the G.I. Bill and some money from where I work by the time I finished college I owed $56,000.
Not only did I pay that off but I raised a family and I retired at 63.
I retired a senior design engineer from a company that built custom equipment. I trained at least a dozen good engineers before I retired.
If you go to college and you get a degree in Scottish clog dancing then yeah you’re going to have a problem getting a good job.
But if you have a degree in Scottish clog dancing then you’re probably going to do better than a Republican who didn’t even finish high school.
But it’s not all about college you could become an electrician or a plumber and make a very good living.

The problem with Republicans is that they just don’t believe in education. No matter what it is.

If Republicans did believe in education they wouldn’t vote into office people who cut funding for job training. Not just College, Republicans cut funding. How else are you going to pay for tax cuts for billionaires?

It's not the government's job to pay for job training

heaven forbid people be adults or get help from these adults that are called parents in researching if their dream career is hiring.

remember that moron that cried on fb about having tons of debt and no jobs?

she had a masters in ancient greek music

someone, somewhere, maybe the leftist dean at her college, should have told her what a dumb idea that was, but the dean is just a greedy fuck, milking people for billions a year

but it's the gops fault

moron

Forum List

Back