GOP is losing EVERYONE

They should probably put Republicans in that hate crime bill they are debating!

I love this. I really, really love this.

you do realize virtually the same things were said about the libs in 2004...
No, because the "libs" or the Dems, actually, never lost their base of support.

Even if they did it has been my fondest hope to watch the GOP swirl down the toilet ever since they had the audacity to proclaim me un-American for having a very American opinion.

In the long run the destruction of the GOP will allow them to rebuild as a rational party and that can only be a good thing.

you mean just like people are saying about rush and his opinion? come on ravi, both sides have flung the dirt...you act as if the entire GOP party called you unamerican...you know that is meadowmuffins, you just explained to me earlier how you don't make those kind of comments, but it sure looks like that now....

i remember air america and other dems going around saying that had to energize their base as they were losing their base, hence why they kept losing elections. then the party went out and galvanized the base and reached out.

Sorry Maggie I never said everyone had to think like me. In fact near as I can tell almost no one does. Everybody else wants someone to blame. I want a solution to the damn problem that will actually work and no one in Washington Republican or Dem or Libertarian for that matter seems to me to have one.

1st I'm not sure the true solution lies in Washington to begin with.

2nd Blaming Bush isn't a solution neither is blaming Pelosi, Reid, and Obama. They are all part of the problem and for pretty much the same damn reason.

3rd the point I was trying to make to Yurt isn't that we all ought to think in lock step but rather that moderates simply aren't a unified voting block. The Dems are currently making the assumption that they are and that they have won their undying support. Which is in certain regards a lot like saying that the tea you drank is yours forever. That's also why I said the next election is going to depend almost entirely on the state of the economy Aug to Nov 2010.

Even if they did it has been my fondest hope to watch the GOP swirl down the toilet ever since they had the audacity to proclaim me un-American for having a very American opinion.

In the long run the destruction of the GOP will allow them to rebuild as a rational party and that can only be a good thing.

you mean just like people are saying about rush and his opinion? come on ravi, both sides have flung the dirt...you act as if the entire GOP party called you unamerican...you know that is meadowmuffins, you just explained to me earlier how you don't make those kind of comments, but it sure looks like that now....

i remember air america and other dems going around saying that had to energize their base as they were losing their base, hence why they kept losing elections. then the party went out and galvanized the base and reached out.

I wish I had a nickel for everytime a leftist said Republicans were not patriotic! jeezus the hypocrisy.. oh sanctimoniousity! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm your hucleberry and here is the dirty little secret. In 00/04 The neo cons still had access to people who were willing to rig the electronic votong machines and tabulators and misuse the system checking absentee and mail in ballots.

Without Blackwell in Ohio and that twat secretary of state in Florida, Kathrine Harris, The Gopers would have had nothing. All they did was prolong thier demise.

Don't expect an apology though. It's not in thier DNA.

I think they are aliens...I mean Real aliens from outer space. They look human... well except for Jindal and the boner but they act like they are not comfortable in human bodies. And they vote against everything that might make a human being better off. Like they just don't get it. Like an alien would do things.

Actually, the population appears to be shifting to the left.

Demographics. The baby boomers are going from tax payer to Govt beneficiary mode. They voted for tax cuts when it benefitted them. But they are unlikley to support major spending cuts in their retirement benefits. And SS/Medicare already accounts for about 40% of Govt spending, and growing. Many boomer Republicans will become boomer Democrats as they approach retirment age, I expect.

If the GOP fiscal plan is to change focus to cutting Govt spending as many conservatives wish, this already tough sell issue is going to become more problematic for them.

I tend to vote the platform. I don't vote for people who are telling me there's pie in the sky or that the rich people should be able to carry the rest of us on their backs.

More evidence that the Republicans need to stay away from moderates like Bush and McCain.
McCain and Bush were not moderates, they're NEOCONS

I think they may shift to a 3rd party someday,What I can't seem to figure out how the polls come up with these numbers , I am 50 and never had anyone poll me nor do I know of anyone who got polled?

Last time I got polled was the Carter Administration. The average scientific poll calls 2000 out of 300million people.

I'm your hucleberry and here is the dirty little secret. In 00/04 The neo cons still had access to people who were willing to rig the electronic votong machines and tabulators and misuse the system checking absentee and mail in ballots.

Without Blackwell in Ohio and that twat secretary of state in Florida, Kathrine Harris, The Gopers would have had nothing. All they did was prolong thier demise.

I think they are aliens...I mean Real aliens from outer space. They look human... well except for Jindal and the boner but they act like they are not comfortable in human bodies. And they vote against everything that might make a human being better off. Like they just don't get it. Like an alien would do things.

Hey Moore, there's nothing to apologize for.

That ranks right up near the top of the list of the stupidest most ill informed shit I have ever seen.
Bush won every Florida recount.

and exactl;y when did that actually happen, moron?

That pissed you off too, eh?
too bad it never actually happened

Yeah, Sarah Palin said something like that and it means the entire GOP said it.:cuckoo:

Sorry Maggie I never said everyone had to think like me. In fact near as I can tell almost no one does. Everybody else wants someone to blame. I want a solution to the damn problem that will actually work and no one in Washington Republican or Dem or Libertarian for that matter seems to me to have one.

1st I'm not sure the true solution lies in Washington to begin with.

2nd Blaming Bush isn't a solution neither is blaming Pelosi, Reid, and Obama. They are all part of the problem and for pretty much the same damn reason.

3rd the point I was trying to make to Yurt isn't that we all ought to think in lock step but rather that moderates simply aren't a unified voting block. The Dems are currently making the assumption that they are and that they have won their undying support. Which is in certain regards a lot like saying that the tea you drank is yours forever. That's also why I said the next election is going to depend almost entirely on the state of the economy Aug to Nov 2010.

Thank you for clarifying. Frankly, I pretty much agree. So maybe it's just the jargon that needs changing from finding middle-road politics to finding middle ground on the major issues, regardless of party preference?

As I've said before, I'm not exactly thrilled with all this spending. In fact, I'm nervous as hell about it. But I also recognize that major investments need to happen to boost the economy, or it will continue to slip into an abyss. So for those reasons, I'm glad there there is no "lock-step" going on regarding Obama's budget bill, which includes all his domestic programs he campaigned on. There needs to be serious debate over each part. Already, we're seeing a huge compromise emerging on the cap and trade issue. So, rather than just getting angry, I wish people would just stay tuned.

More evidence that the Republicans need to stay away from moderates like Bush and McCain.
McCain and Bush were not moderates, they're NEOCONS

I think they may shift to a 3rd party someday,What I can't seem to figure out how the polls come up with these numbers , I am 50 and never had anyone poll me nor do I know of anyone who got polled?

I was polled twice during the campaign, once by the Boston Herald (even though I don't live in MA) and once by Gallup. They all use different demographics depending on what is being polled, and since I'm a registered Independent who must vote either Democratic or Republican, maybe that's why I got lucky. Polling institutions still haven't figured out YET how to do polling when people only use cell phones. But it's probably just the odds. When a "poll" consists of only a few thousand out of several million, the odds of you're getting chosen are way down there.

GOP Losses Span Nearly All Demographic Groups

The decline in Republican Party affiliation among Americans in recent years is well documented, but a Gallup analysis now shows that this movement away from the GOP has occurred among nearly every major demographic subgroup. Since the first year of George W. Bush's presidency in 2001, the Republican Party has maintained its support only among frequent churchgoers, with conservatives and senior citizens showing minimal decline.

Change or die, GOP.

Umm--The GOP saw these kind of polls once before. It was during the Carter administration. What happened after 4 years--RONALD REAGAN was elected to POTUS in a 49 STATE landslide.

In New Jersy & New York the GOP is actually GAINING ground. It appears the constituents of these states are sick & tired of paying high taxes--while their deficit is growing.

But you're right the GOP does need to change. They need to get back to fiscal conservatism & less government. Republican politicians need to get back to their base--the "big" tent that they deserted several years ago.

Forum List

Back