GOP is losing EVERYONE

catzmeow

Gold Member
Aug 14, 2008
Gunshine State
GOP Losses Span Nearly All Demographic Groups

The decline in Republican Party affiliation among Americans in recent years is well documented, but a Gallup analysis now shows that this movement away from the GOP has occurred among nearly every major demographic subgroup. Since the first year of George W. Bush's presidency in 2001, the Republican Party has maintained its support only among frequent churchgoers, with conservatives and senior citizens showing minimal decline.

Change or die, GOP.

Yep left lite has proven a miserable failure time to go back to what won ust the house and senate in the first place.

when there is virtually no difference between the parties, how can you blame people? i'm fiscally conservative (mostly) but liberal on social issues...etc...the GOP needs to either be the GOP, or merge with the dems or form a new party embracing the majority independent wants, i believe independents are the largest base, if not the largest, if either party pandered more to the independents, they could net a lot of new membres.

Youd be wrong in fact the Libertarians run exactly the sort of platform you just named year after year they variably get about 5% of the vote. Why? Near as I can tell because a socially liberal fiscally conservative platform represents about 5% of voters. The problem moderates have is that they are all over the damn ball park depending almost entirely on which set of issues you trot out before them. Who wins the midterms is going to depend almost entirely on where the economy is in the months leading up to the election.(Aug. -Sept.)

Youd be wrong in fact the Libertarians run exactly the sort of platform you just named year after year they variably get about 5% of the vote. Why? Near as I can tell because a socially liberal fiscally conservative platform represents about 5% of voters. The problem moderates have is that they are all over the damn ball park depending almost entirely on which set of issues you trot out before them. Who wins the midterms is going to depend almost entirely on where the economy is in the months leading up to the election.(Aug. -Sept.)

then i'm wrong on independents. i thought i remember reading the independents were mostly middle of the road and that neither party is truly catering to them.

This is an exact replay of the demise of the UK conservative party after we thrashed them to put Blair into power.

This is an exact replay of the demise of the UK conservative party after we thrashed them to put Blair into power.

It was worse in Canada. The Tories got wiped out, literally, they won only two seats out of 308 in 1993. They only became viable again over the past few years.

Republicans are going to face 10-15 years in the wilderness.

The decline in Republican Party affiliation among Americans in recent years is well documented, but a Gallup analysis now shows that this movement away from the GOP has occurred among nearly every major demographic subgroup. Since the first year of George W. Bush's presidency in 2001, the Republican Party has maintained its support only among frequent churchgoers, with conservatives and senior citizens showing minimal decline.
Change or die, GOP.
I love this. I really, really love this.

Change or die, GOP.

you do realize virtually the same things were said about the libs in 2004...

No, because the "libs" or the Dems, actually, never lost their base of support.

Even if they did it has been my fondest hope to watch the GOP swirl down the toilet ever since they had the audacity to proclaim me un-American for having a very American opinion.

In the long run the destruction of the GOP will allow them to rebuild as a rational party and that can only be a good thing.

But a one-size-fits-all mindset is precisely what polarizes the country. Why shouldn't people have separate and different opinions on issues that have one tilt or the other? Why must everyone think like you? Or like me, for that matter? The country is way too diversified for that to ever result in a government serving the common interests of everyone.

Even if they did it has been my fondest hope to watch the GOP swirl down the toilet ever since they had the audacity to proclaim me un-American for having a very American opinion.

In the long run the destruction of the GOP will allow them to rebuild as a rational party and that can only be a good thing.

That pissed you off too, eh?

That pissed you off too, eh?
:lol: You could say that.

I once voted for Jeb Bush and then voted against him simply because I could no longer stand the party he belonged to...not saying he was a great Gov but he was decent...until the Terry Shaivo debacle.

It was worse in Canada. The Tories got wiped out, literally, they won only two seats out of 308 in 1993. They only became viable again over the past few years.

Republicans are going to face 10-15 years in the wilderness.
Dont you mean "it was better in Canada"..............?

More evidence that the Republicans need to stay away from moderates like Bush and McCain. Unfortunately, nothing much will change. They will shift a little back to the right and win back Congress within two elections. It's always back and forth. How anyone can even consider the possibility that one of the parties is going to just implode and be completely restructured is beyond me.

Let's play it out. The Republican party completely flops and no one is a Republican anymore in less than one year. What do you think would happen?

Forum List

Back