GOP insider: Religion destroyed my party.

Hey, here's an idea: Howzabout if the Religious Right splits off from the GOP and forms the "Christian Party"? (The Party of God is already taken I think, Hezbollah grabbed snapped that one up, excellent branding there)

Then, since they are convinced that everyone will follow them over there, they can get as kooky as they want. They could just use The Bible as their platform. Think of all the time that would be saved, plus it's already printed. Think of some of the lawn signs: "I'm Voting With GOD", "GOD For President", "JESUS wants YOU", "Vote GOD Or Burn in the Fires of HELL", stuff like that. I'd spend significant time on CSPAN for this.

Anyway, even better, that would essentially create a political chain reaction: The GOP would then be party of fiscal responsibility without the social issues dragging it down, and the Bachmann/Palin/Santorum circus would be gone, which would siphon off moderates from the middle of the Democratic party, the Blue Dogs. I suspect they've had enough of some of the more whacky elements of the Democrat party. This whole thing would really re-arrange the deck chairs, y'know?

Just thinking out loud here.

Last edited:
The smartest thing the GOP ever did was tap into the KNOW NOTHING voting public.

I remember when the GOP was the party of eggheads.

They kept losing elections because why?

Because the GOP USED TO BE the party of THINKING PEOPLE.

Forum List

Back