GOP House member Inglis: Beck, Palin's 'demagoguery' endangering GOP's credibility

Guerrilla

Jun 14, 2010
Glenn Beck's 'demagoguery' threatening Republican party, says veteran GOP lawmaker - CSMonitor.com

He cited a claim made famous by Palin that the Democratic health care bill would create "death panels" to decide whether elderly or sick people should get care. "There were no death panels in the bill ... and to encourage that kind of fear is just the lowest form of political leadership. It's not leadership. It's demagoguery," said Inglis. Inglis said voters eventually will discover that you're "preying on their fears" and turn away.

Inglis' refusal to join in on the Obama-bashing of the far right played a big role in his landslide defeat on June 22. Leading up to the election, he frequently challenged voters who questioned the president's citizenship or patriotism. At one town hall meeting, he was jeered for saying that Beck, a Fox News Channel host, is a divisive fearmonger. In his primary runoff against prosecutor Trey Gowdy, Inglis failed to break 30 percent, an improbably low result for a sitting incumbent not embroiled in scandal.

Instead of citing sour grapes, how about giving credence to the fact that he can speak freely now without worrying about how it affects an election.

He is right and is saying things that many have said earlier on this board. The GOP is slowly falling prey to the fringe elements of the Tea Party. His points on race being the instigating factor in Obama bashing is also accurate. The Republican Party is heading for a BIG FALL if they continue to pander to the Tea Baggers.

Glenn Beck's 'demagoguery' threatening Republican party, says veteran GOP lawmaker - CSMonitor.com

He cited a claim made famous by Palin that the Democratic health care bill would create "death panels" to decide whether elderly or sick people should get care. "There were no death panels in the bill ... and to encourage that kind of fear is just the lowest form of political leadership. It's not leadership. It's demagoguery," said Inglis. Inglis said voters eventually will discover that you're "preying on their fears" and turn away.

Inglis' refusal to join in on the Obama-bashing of the far right played a big role in his landslide defeat on June 22. Leading up to the election, he frequently challenged voters who questioned the president's citizenship or patriotism. At one town hall meeting, he was jeered for saying that Beck, a Fox News Channel host, is a divisive fearmonger. In his primary runoff against prosecutor Trey Gowdy, Inglis failed to break 30 percent, an improbably low result for a sitting incumbent not embroiled in scandal.

Instead of citing sour grapes, how about giving credence to the fact that he can speak freely now without worrying about how it affects an election.

There is a moderate sensible wing of the Republican party who has been driven into the shadows by the rightwing media lynchmob. They are applled by the extremist rhetoric, fearmongering and misinformation that permiates their party.
Until this wing grows a set of balls and starts taking their party back, the GOP will be doomed

Last edited:
LOL, who cares what the loser has to say. he is HISTORY.

maybe he will join the Democrat-Progressive-commie party. then you all can really drool all over his words.:lol:

maybe he will join the Democrat-Progressive-commie party. then you all can really drool all over his words.:lol:

Now he's a loser, and history? He has no respect among "todays right-wing" because he wasn't willing to engage in extreme rhetoric today? What is the rationale for the Repubs who voted for him previously?

You wouldn't be concerned that outlandish rhetoric could harm your political party's creditbility?

Concerns and debate is welcomed. What amounts to hate-speech and vitriol, equivalent to things this country has seen before, is absurd.

well jeeze, more violence wanted to be done from the tolerant and peace loving left.

say it ain't so.

Now he's a loser, and history? He has no respect among "todays right-wing" because he wasn't willing to engage in extreme rhetoric today? What is the rationale for the Repubs who voted for him previously?

You wouldn't be concerned that outlandish rhetoric could harm your political party's creditbility?

Concerns and debate is welcomed. What amounts to hate-speech and vitriol, equivalent to things this country has seen before, is absurd.

oh brother.
him blaming his loss on the people of this country (tea party) and talk radio show host, show what a loser he was and he was kicked to curb for it. People are tired of these condescending politicians. hopefully we'll see a lot more like him kicked to curb in Nov.

Last edited:
well jeeze, more violence wanted to be done from the tolerant and peace loving left.

say it ain't so.

LOL, I'm a libertarian, that isn't the left.

Beck is a proven liar, and a former drug addict. He tries to come off as a populist but nobody can say he is with a straight face. He's simply an entertainer who would sell his soul if the money was right. You have to really watch him. Having said that I don't always disagree with him, rather I simply don't trust him.

say it ain't so.

LOL, I'm a libertarian, that isn't the left.

Beck is a proven liar, and a former drug addict. He tries to come off as a populist but nobody can say he is with a straight face. He's simply an entertainer who would sell his soul if the money was right. You have to really watch him. Having said that I don't always disagree with him, rather I simply don't trust him.

blaa blaaa blaaa.
here's a clue, don't friggen listen to him.
simple as that, eh.

oh brother.
him blaming his loss on the people of this country (tea party) and talk radio show host, show what a loser he was and he was kicked to curb for it. People are tired of these condescending politicians.

He didn't blame his loss on anything.

This article was about his comments on the state of today's political commentary.

So how was he a "condescending loser" who should've been "kicked to" the "curb"? Because he didn't doubt Obama's citizenship and/or patriotism?

Is that really where you want America's dialogue?

God I'd like to cave Glen Beck's duplicitous face in.

mmmm...I bet...guess you'd like to kill some cracka's while your at it huh? Would you like to take out some cracka babies?

BP Party is waiting to sign you up...all you need is black clothes, black nightstick and a whole hell of a lot of white hate....

oh brother.
him blaming his loss on the people of this country (tea party) and talk radio show host, show what a loser he was and he was kicked to curb for it. People are tired of these condescending politicians.

This article was about his comments on the state of today's political commentary.

So how was he a "condescending loser" who should've been "kicked to" the "curb"? Because he didn't doubt Obama's citizenship and/or patriotism?

oh yes he was blaming his lose on people in a round about way.

I don't care where the dialogue is. if I want to scream and shout as these condescending assholes who work for me, I will.

People sure weren't too concerned about "dialogue" all during the Bush years. protest after protest, marches after marches. why should we start now.:lol:
and I'll be damned if some politician who worked for me is going to LECTURE me on how I should act.

Last edited:

mmmm...I bet...guess you'd like to kill some cracka's while your at it huh? Would you like to take out some cracka babies?

BP Party is waiting to sign you up...all you need is black clothes, black nightstick and a whole hell of a lot of white hate....

What on god's earth are you going on about? Not liking Beck = I must be black? That's an entertaining stretch.

oh brother.

What is sad is that is the only "dialogue" he is focusing on. He doesn't dare mention the other 99.9 % of the content from Beck or Palin or any of the other hated rightwing voice boxes.

I wonder if he would have the same opinion about Matthews or Olberman? Speaking of Olberman...can he be any more off line? He goes on the offense against Sharon Angle the other night claiming she is wrong about her claim that Abe Lincoln lost a few elections in his time...he was so proud of himself to point out that he only lost one...according to KO....

Ahhh....but as usual, the world according to Keith isn't always (hardly ever) on the level...

As it turns out, Mr. Lincoln suffered quite a few losses in his political career.

Alas for Keith, who apparently relies on some crackpot if unmentioned website as opposed to checking with, say, the works of Pulitzer Prize winning Lincoln biographer Carl Sandburg, Ms. Angle has the goods:

Here's Lincoln's record with voters, per Sandburg:

1832 -- Lost his first race for the state assembly

1834 -- Won a seat in the state assembly

1836 -- Won re-election

1838 -- Won re-election

1840 -- Won re-election

1842 -- Lost a race for Congress to John Hardin (per biographer Sandburg. Lincoln actually came in behind a friend, Edward D. Baker -- losing his own Sangamon County delegates to Baker. Later, he would name one of his sons for Baker). Lincoln structures deal that Hardin, Baker and finally himself would each serve back-to-back single terms in Congress.

1846 -- Wins congressional seat, succeeding his friend Baker, who had succeeded Hardin. As per the Lincoln deal.

1854 -- Elected again to the Illinois legislature, but loses a race for the United States Senate to Lyman Trumbull. Writes to a friend: "I regret my defeat moderately, but I am not nervous about it." Mary Lincoln was so enraged at this loss that she never again spoke to Trumbull's wife Julia -- who had been a bridesmaid at Mary and Abe's wedding.

1856 -- Loses the vice-presidential nomination of the new Republican Party to William L. Dayton, a former U.S. Senator from New Jersey. Dayton received 259 votes to Lincoln's 115, becoming the running mate of John Charles Fremont. Hearing of his defeat, Lincoln laughs and says, "It must be some other Lincoln."

1858 -- Lincoln loses a race for the United States Senate to legendary rival Senator Stephen A. Douglas. In the course of the campaign, the two travel Illinois in what are known to history as the "Lincoln-Douglas" debates. The debates help make Lincoln -- and his pro-union, anti-slavery argument -- famous.

1860 and 1864 -- Elected and re-elected president.

In other words, Keith Olbermann was not only wrong but so wide of the truth and the facts as to give Bill Clinton on Monica a good reputation. Sharron Angle, on the other hand, was right. Making her remark 100 percent factually correct

All that to say this....

If you're going to blast someone's credibility...make sure your side has some....

What on god's earth are you going on about? Not liking Beck = I must be black? That's an entertaining stretch.

I never said you were black...but you do seem to have a taste for the violence against a white dude. Seems to be a lot of that going around.

I know the panther thing is embarrassing and doesn't do ANYTHING toward a positive spin for the left....and then there's the connection between the BP's and the president, but sometimes, the big nasty pill of truth has to be swallowed.

Last edited:
I'm not defending Beck. He is very odd. But it was Bush and the republican congress that damaged GOP credibility.

We have yet to see how damaged the country is after Obama and the democrats get finished fucking it up.

Government shrink thyself. :) lol

Forum List

Back